Body Style:
2-door coupe
Engine: 4.0L naturally-aspirated flat-6
Power: 493 hp
Torque: 340 ft-lbs
Weight: 1370 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Rear-engine, rear wheel drive
Additional Information: Further similarities to the GT3 RS include its carbon-fibre bonnet and magnesium roof, rear-wheel steering and mechanical differential on the back axle. It also features the same super-wide tyres (245 section front, 305 section rear) and ceramic brakes as standard (410mm front, 390mm rear), along with forged aluminium wheels. Although it’s not really a car for the autobahn, when we did happen to find ourselves in Germany on a de-restricted stretch, the 911 R was hugely impressive. Without a rear wing, care is needed through fast bends as it doesn’t feel anything like as locked down as an RS, but the upside is that it slips through the air very very easily in a straight line. The way the engine pulls at the top of each gear is astonishing and we nudge an indicated 200mph with the R still pulling hard in sixth... (Evo)

_jl44051.jpeg
_jl81652.jpeg
rp_-_porsche_scotland-61.jpeg
_jl43259.jpeg

If you liked it then you should have put a wing on it.

Borderline SZ - It's the perfect 991 but it looks a little off without a fixed rear wing.

Probably one of the best drivers 911s since the 997 GT3 RS 4.0. Until you find out some prat paid half a million bucks for his 911R.

Seriously Uncool.

Last edited:
What does that even mean? Both cars are nearly the exact same in dimensions, with the Turbo S weighing more due to AWD.

Honestly, where do you come up with your thoughts in these threads?
In a different more understandable language this isn't as pretty as Turbo S. I even find it ugly but its performance saves it.

There are modern Porsches, then there's 911s, then there's 991 911s, then there's a 911 that apparently has coloured stripes. Not cool at all.

Green stripes on this car instantly bring it down from an SZ to an Uncool. Kind of looks like a cheaply made plastic car with those on...

I also find green stripes more suitable and subtle for it..not to mention as it's a german car an I remember porsche mostly thanks to NFS, and there was a german police version one in High Stake. The stripes reminded me of how it would do as a police interceptor but also very well as a very nice looking sport car. The yellow one, yellow is such, such an overrated color on Porsche's to say the least..but if you talking about the older 911 a.k.a know as the RUF Yellowbird, makes more sense.

I may sound biased but soemtimes spoiler-less 911's = love.
I genuinely dislike the whale tails on 911s.

They look amazing on the classic ones but just seem unnecessarily big and seem out of place.

Without the whaletail 911s have the nicest bodyshape of modern cars IMHO. Always turn my head.

All about the fans (with money). Porsche listened and the engineers were more than happy to pare back the elegant 911 form - all too often hidden underneath spoilers, intakes and bulbous arches - and give them a purist version with the spirit of the air-cooled age. This is the 991 Porsche fans want, even if they own a GT3 RS already. 911s will always be Marmite to people, but this is without doubt SZ.

I'm seeing a lot of Sub-Zeros on this car, and as much as I can respect the Porsche 911 and its lineage, what really makes this one special from all the other ones? What separates this 991 from the other variants?

Uncool.

Oops, I accidentally pressed cool... Anyway, I still think I can come up with an explanation.

I would take the current GT3 RS anyday over this one, but it's still good because the 991 generation of 911 is the only generation I like. They're rather tasteful IMO, so I guess it's cool...

Mechanically it's very cool and damn near the perfect 911. I especially like the 6-speed manual part. But the stripes (yeah, yeah its a throwback thing) are silly and the fact that it will never be used how it was designed for and will sit in collections makes it uncool. I'll say meh.

I'm a bit conflicted on this one.

On the one hand you have basically all the best bits Porsche has to offer for the 991 in one neat cohesive package.

On the other hand, every last one was sold before the thing was even announced to the general public, which is a business practice that I personally find to be completely stupid, not to mention that most will sit and be treated more as an investment rather than an actual car.

Uncool.

I'm a bit conflicted on this one.

On the one hand you have basically all the best bits Porsche has to offer for the 991 in one neat cohesive package.

On the other hand, every last one was sold before the thing was even announced to the general public, which is a business practice that I personally find to be completely stupid, not to mention that most will sit and be treated more as an investment rather than an actual car.

Uncool.

Ah, so much this.

It sounds like an utterly amazing driver's car. But the attitude it represents almost completely destroys it for me.

If you wear fingerless driving gloves and bleat on about the purity of stick shift then this car will make your world fabulous.

SUBPoorsher.

Back