United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2016+ Range Rover Evoque Convertible nominated by @Naveek Darkroom

large_4-range-rover-evoque-convertible-TK.jpg

Body Style:
2-door convertible
Engines:
2.0L turbocharged I4, 2.0L turbo diesel I4
Power: 150-180 hp (diesel), 240 hp (petrol)
Torque: 250-280 lb-ft
Weight: 2057 kg
Transmission: 9-speed automatic
Drivetrain: Front-engine, all wheel drive​

phpj4v5kd.jpg
2017rangeroverevoqueconvertible-011.jpg
evoquecab-0065.jpg
rr-evoque-cabrio-ac-145.jpg
1100589_RR_Evoque_Convertible_int_cabin-7.jpg

There's nothing wrong here that couldn't be fixed by buying a Defender for a top down SUV instead.

SU

Honestly, I kind of like it. Unlike the Murano, the Evoque is genuinely good off road and is reasonably premium, making it feel a little more special. It'll sell well, but I don't think it's cool.

Somebody didn't tell Land Rover that Nissan already did this. Look how well it turned out for them.
I don't know what Nissan was thinking with the Murano convertible, and I don't know what Land Rover was thinking with the Evoque convertible. If they're trying to create a new niche of convertible SUVs to go along with SUV "coupes" like the X6 and GLE Coupe, it doesn't seem to be working. I don't really hate the Murano or Evoque convertibles, it's just that they're too niched for their own good.

I actually don't mind the looks of the convertible SUVs, it's just that to me, convertibles and SUVs don't go hand-in-hand. This is also a modern Land Rover, and thus rapper heaven (though not as much as chrome-wrapped Lambos or Bugattis).

Never understood SUV convertibles, I hope someday someone builds a truck convertible. :dopey:
What @Northstar posted, and:

upload_2016-10-23_16-13-52.jpeg

The SSR was a convertible hardtop truck built on a truck platform. It's a truck.

As for the Evoque: easy SU, really.

Do you know who's going to buy this? All of the rich crowd - all the 'cool' people - and everyone who wants to be like them because they're cool.

This is just about the very definition of a cool car: a car that 'cool' people will buy and people who want to be like them will want.

Do you know who's going to buy this? All of the rich crowd - all the 'cool' people - and everyone who wants to be like them because they're cool.

This is just about the very definition of a cool car: a car that 'cool' people will buy and people who want to be like them will want.

...except those guys on the Internet forum about a driving simulation video game who think any race car is uncool.

No. No.

No, no, no, no, no.

NO.

(did I mention no?)

SU. Really really really REALLY uncool.

As in as bad as the pink Micra...

Makes more sense to me than the standard Evoque, and with the top down it looks better too.

Back