Weight: 1385 kg
Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch automatic
Drivetrain: Mid-engine, rear-wheel drive​

GTspecs1-800x533.jpg

58dab4ab9cdcd333008b4c78-2000.jpg
HA85847784c0bef6.jpg
Ford-GT-9.jpg
2017-Ford-GT-steering-wheel.jpg

The Mid-2000s Ford GT is still on of my favourite supercars.

This, just isn't the same. It's a good looking shape but in my opinion not as good looking as the old GT.

I guess it's nice that their still sticking to engines out of pickup trucks.

Cool.

A quick reminder:
To buy this car you had to apply to be chosen to buy one.
In your application you had to demonstrate previous ownership of fast Fords and an active social media presence.
One of the first people chosen to buy one is Shmee150.

Weaponised uncool.

Eh, I like them. It's possible people would see an expensive supercar and think it's cool, too.

So it's an on the fence cool.

active social media presence
:rolleyes:

I didn't know that...

Doesn't change my vote either.

The list of supercars that are attractive in my eyes--this is the only thing about them I give a dip about--is very short, and this one isn't on it.

Looks really overdesigned. Like, if you've played some of the Need For Speed games where you can put bodykits on high-buck exotics, this car is what the aftermath of that looks like.

Uncool.

Really love the new Ford GT. The first supercar in a long while; since the Pagani Zonda, I actually really like, and that's coming from someone who's not really a supercar person.

Looks stunning IMO, very dramatic, much better than the previous gen (and that wasn't exactly ugly). And it's twin-turbo'd Ecoboost V6 sounds gorgeous too (especially in the GTE-spec machine), so glad it wasn't a V8.

Sub-Zero from me.

Wasn't it designed and built in a basement in around a year?

Honestly I like it's looks, it's LeMans victory and it's story, but:
A quick reminder:
In your application you had to demonstrate previous ownership of fast Fords and an active social media presence.

Weaponised uncool.
****ing social media ********.

I can't decide to go with SZ, SU or just put it in the middle as Meh.

A YouTube 'gamer' famous for playing Minecraft of all things is allowed to buy one. A genuine car enthusiast, who probably loves and understands the original GT's significance, isn't allowed, just because he isn't a big name who will sing its praises online.

Nowhere near as cool as the previous GT to begin with, but Ford's attitude with this thing makes it an easy SU.

My problem with the GT is that it's a great car, but the entire premise as I've said from day one is the issue. You have a car that was designed and built to go racing, and by default it needed road variants. So while needing that, why not make it an exclusive program where a panel decides based on not purely a car lover but someone that will further catapult the Ford image.

Let's not forget the fact that the car might as well be an lmp2 in sheep clothing to pass off as a GT super car on the road so it's legitimate for the track.

If this was just about the legacy of the GT/GT40 branding, that'd have been great. I like that they build a car for racing to expand the field, but I think why many will enjoy the 2005 GT over this is because it's wasn't about anything other than building a cool modern version of an icon.

I'd give it SU, but Uncool because it looks quite nice for something I can't stand.

A quick reminder:

Weaponised uncool.
Wait, really? EW.

SU.

Front looks great.
Back looks rancid.
Detestable baggage that comes with it; needing to promote it on the internet?

🤬 off. Seriously Uncool

My favorite of the current supercars, but that's not saying much. Didn't know about the application process bit.

Impressive machine, but I'd take the previous GT any day over the new one.

Meh.

The old GT was a perfect homage to the GT40, and enough were made that a lot of people could enjoy it.

This, just looks like the Shadow the Hedgehog version of it. No longer is it a homage, it's an overly edgy, limited edition supercar, with a Ford badge on it. The extra tidbit of having to have owned previous fast Fords to be selected to buy one makes it even more than just uncool.

(I know, I'm going to get bashed by GT40 purists, for saying this...)

I actually like the new edgy styling for the new Ford GT, shows it's not an old-man Ford, anymore. But, knowing the fact that, its fuel economy is 11 City/18 Highway/ and 14 Combined? No way, Jose! (That, and its price tag...) I get that, it's a super car, but that's Hummer/Bugatti-level gas guzzling right there! Pfft..."EcoBoost", yeah right.

*Uncool*

Last edited:
A YouTube 'gamer' famous for playing Minecraft of all things is allowed to buy one. A genuine car enthusiast, who probably loves and understands the original GT's significance, isn't allowed, just because he isn't a big name who will sing its praises online.

Nowhere near as cool as the previous GT to begin with, but Ford's attitude with this thing makes it an easy SU.
Whose to say Jordan M. isn't a genuine car enthusiast? He's invested in car-based charities and doesn't seem to plan on circuling his channel around the car like Shmee will, whoring the car out for "You drive the Ford GT FAST" crap.

It seems then I must be one of the very few who prefers the looks of the new Ford GT so much more to the previous gen GT it replaced, suppose that makes it valid for the "Unpopular Opinions thread" then :lol:.

Last edited:
Back