Wiegert

Premium
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
2017+ Panoz Avezzano nominated by @ThrasherDBS

egqxk7dnipauqtugg9ij.jpg

Body Style: 2-door coupé
Engine: 6.2L aluminum block V8
Power: 450 hp, 650 hp (with supercharger)
Torque: Unable to find specs, newer model
Weight: 1497 kg
Transmission: 6-speed manual
Drivetrain: Front-engine, rear-wheel drive​

aejcdibs5vcaxrzh9ksp.jpg

RD2_4492.jpeg

C1Le-9fXgAAc8uy.jpg

That back end around the rear lights area looks like it came off a Ferrari 360. Front is ugly.

Uncool.

"You spent how much on that?"

Uncool, almost seriously so.

Whilst the Avezzano is no more than an updated Esperante, I still love Panoz for it, always liked them for being a somewhat unique brand, what with their race cars too. It's also one of the better, if not best looking road car's too. And whilst, underneath it may be considered "old-hat", I suppose it's that old philosophy; "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Plus it's something different, a rarer commodity to your typical sports car, so thumbs up from me there.

Either way, whilst not my favourite Panoz, it's a comfortable cool here.

It's another Esperante. I'm honestly shocked they still make these and I've always thought these things were incredibly ugly machines.

Uncool.

Anyone remember during the Xbox presentation where the guy who kept biting his bottom lip after every sentence claimed there was something amazing about "the power of X", so decided they were going to call the new console "Xbox One X"?

Someone at Panoz clearly had the same conversation, only with Z.

Anyway, this looks like the unholy union of a Porsche 911 and a Datsun 240Z at the front, and the Mk2 MX-5 Coupe at the back. It's awful. And any car you need three Scrabble sets to spell is hideously uncool.

There's a link claiming the projected cost is $154,000 (hmm, maybe that's not so bad... ) & $240,000 (wait, what?!).

That's 488 GTB money.

I applaud them for sticking to that design, but uncool. I can't imagine more than 10 being built.

Seriously Uncool because rfactor crashes when I select this car.

Just kidding about the SU part :P

Had to give it a meh.

It's an ugly car for sure, though it reminds me a bit of a US version of the UK's Marcos Mantis. I actually like the Mantis but this not so much.

People are quick to call this uncool just because it's from an obscure company or has a funny sounding name. :lol:

It's a 6-speed manual, V8, front engine, RWD sports car with a nice long hood that car people are supposed to love. It's a cool car.
The only person in the UK who ever owned a Panoz was Noel Edmonds.

I see the front and I'm reminded of those photos of dogs taken after they'd ripped a chunk out of a wasp nest.

Not sure that's much of an improvement over the melted plastic styling mess of the Esperante. Both are equally uncool.

Back