• Cool

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Uncool

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Seriously Uncool

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Brilliant truck but it does seem like a bit of an overcompensator's truck. If nobody's using it for work or hauling stuff, it does give off the impression that you're compensating for something.

UNCOOL
Summed rather well most of my feelings.

But otherwise, it is a good piece of Americana. A carry-over from the time when everything was ladderframe construction, featured real chrome, was powerful and weighed as much as the moon. For a junkie of the old, it's a feelgood bit and should appeal to such.

Cheers,
Jetboy

Cool. Reasons?
My family owns one of these, a green Silverado with an 8 foot bed. It has personally brought us through hell, from taking a trailer from here in Washington to SAN DIEGO. After that, we used it mainly for hauling building supplies, and for snow conditions. We also own a Suburban from the same year, the really long one, and that too has pulled us through terrible conditions. We even bought it new, although we took off the stupid Chevrolet sticker on the back.
Honestly? I guess I just have an emotional attachment to these trucks. Whatever.

Uncool. It's a truck. From GM. From a long time ago. It ranks at about the truck equivalent of a Toyota Camry. It isn't bad, it's just that there is nothing interesting about it.

Aye. It's TWR (Torque-weight) that matters...actually, merely torque. It's made to pull things.

Makes me want to grab my dog and go crop touring with my homies Cleatus and Ray Jay.
Cool.

Good solid work truck,dependable - COOL

Needs a solid front axle underneath of it though. C.V. style axles are terrible idea on a 4x4.

SVX
Seriously Uncool. Massively underpowered for it's weight.

What does that make mine? 145 hp, 5500 pounds, and rarely sees a load. Am I an overcompensator too because it should always be used?

(Ford, not a Chevy, but basic idea stands)

Uncool as it is exclusively driven by American red neck $#%*.

What is it with people and "Redneck"? There was a thread I remember reading on GTP about Japanese people being offended by the word "Japanese". Yet any American who drives a truck must be a Redneck? Not everyone who owns a truck is an inbred, not to mention I think people have the idea of Redneck and white trash mixed up. Sorry, I'm just seeing it so much lately. Seeing as I partake it many "Redneck" activities, such as, but not limited to; Fishing, Mudding, Hunting, Shooting, Beer, Nascar, and most importantly driving a truck. But I must also not leave out use of tie wire and zip ties for unintended purposes. It can be offensive when used to degrade a group of people, which in this case people whom own 1990's Chevrolet pickups?.. Perhaps they are just working people and don't sustain themselves on food stamps, while drinking beer all day? And happen to have an I.Q. greater than that of a Squirrel? It's one thing if it's like, "Oh man, that's so redneck right there", when referring to something like a little ranger lifted 12 inches, or some kind of Redneckery, which is sort of like country engineering. Not to be confused with real engineering however. It IMO becomes a problem when it's used like it was in your post. All I'm saying it it's getting old, IMO anyways, guys need to give it a rest...

I'm not trying to single out Vantage, but as I've said, I've seen it more and more lately. Didn't feel like biting my tongue, or finger rather in this case again, it's just uncalled for.

By the way, Redneckery knows no nationality, it can take place anywhere.

If I'm way off base here asking for that, then oh well. That's how I feel about it though.

Last edited:
Redneckery - putting a surround system in your truck because you don't have any real speakers, or keeping your spare tire carriage in place with old brake wires from bikes...

Guilty :lol:

Uncool unless equipped with KC driving lights

8076750003_large.jpg

Then it goes to seriously uncool.

Heh...save the brush guard, that's about 50% of what I see.

and I wouldn't mind, except they'll tend to tailgate me, then pass me at 5-10 mi/h faster than what I'm doing as if it proves something.

I drove one of these for about 5 months right after I got my license. It had somewhere near 180,000 miles when it was sold. (un)fortunately, I still see it around.

They are good, solid, dependable trucks, and I wouldn't really mind having one for the worst of winter conditions around here. But there's nothing really interesting about them, so uncool.

Back