GTP Cool Wall: Holden Monaro. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 98 comments

Holden Monaro

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Considering Mafs has a basically stock 1JZ Cressy... His wallet isn't exactly that big. ;)

The fact it's in a Cressy at all says one thing, and it's not completely stock. Early Monaros only had some 230-240kw, that's not hard to beat expecially being in a lighter car. Unless he raced a V6 version.:odd: OR he was the only one racing like a hoon and only thought the Monaro was racing which also seems likely to me.

The same can all be said of Japanese, European and American cars, what the hell are you trying to get at?:odd: The difference between the Monaro drivers and you is the size of your wallet, yours is bigger. Speed is all a matter of the size of your wallet.

Not quite.....

Considering Mafs has a basically stock 1JZ Cressy... His wallet isn't exactly that big. ;)

Exactly. :cool: Monaro's are still $30k+ for a good used example with a fair few km's. I'm about 1/2 that value with all the stuff done, but I've got a bit more to spend to make things perfect. :)

The fact it's in a Cressy at all says one thing, and it's not completely stock. Early Monaros only had some 230-240kw, that's not hard to beat expecially being in a lighter car. Unless he raced a V6 version.:odd: OR he was the only one racing like a hoon and only thought the Monaro was racing which also seems likely to me.

The V8's actually had 245Kw. I'm a little bit lighter in weight (1520kg) and have similar power. It's the torque delivery and rpm limits that give me an advantage. I'm not saying I destroy Monaro's, far from it....it's usually about 2 cars against a manual version. But it's a proper race, not the scenario you present. The second I know if they aren't interested, I'm usually about 10 lengths infront and let off the gas. :embarrassed:

What's so bad about a Cressida?

Nothing, I was implying that the fact he's done an engine swap implies the car has money spent.

Yes but surely not much more than a fairly new Monaro or Commodore.

It's money spent on the car, not for the car. Or, if it's not a case of money, it's still mods done.

It's a case of both. Mods were put on the car, but actually more mods were also done FOR the car. For example, my 17" rims were necessary for the car to fit due to the brake rotors being increased to 295mm (stock Cressy brakes are 255mm, wheels are 15") and larger, 4 Pot calipers. The dual catalytic convertors were necessary for the car to meet gas emissions for a mid-90's car when my car is a 1989 model. The muffler was the same, but to meet noise emissions. The custom radiator and thermo fan was necessary to keep the engine heat under wraps.

So most of the stuff has been to keep it legal and running properly, not to give it all the go-fast bits. But even without all it's go-fast bits it's still quicker than a Monaro CV8. :sly:

All those parts were necessary because you did the swap in the first place.........

...........Man I wish I could do an engine swap for my Ute, rotrex supercharged Alloytec V6 would be nice.:drool:

Anyway, I think we're getting too far off topic here. I think I'm done in this thread anyway. Anyone who comes in here now whinging it's a re-badge is only proving their stupidity and illiteracy.

All those parts were necessary because you did the swap in the first place.........

...........Man I wish I could do an engine swap for my Ute, rotrex supercharged Alloytec V6 would be nice.:drool:

Anyway, I think we're getting too far off topic here. I think I'm done in this thread anyway. Anyone who comes in here now whinging it's a re-badge is only proving their stupidity and illiteracy.

No you don't, you'd want to charge one of the old holden 5 litres which has been stroked out to 5.7. :P

Back