GTP Cool Wall: Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary. Voting Closed

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 56 comments

Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Almost 80% votes for Sub Zero, I actually don't think it's a particularly well designed car, it's not elegant in anyway, but I still love it which is why I nominated it, to see who agreed. Sub Zero from me as well.

Its a Countach with all the silly wings and such, so therefore cool. But its the only one that Lamborghini ever even attempted to put together properly, so Sub Zero.

Its no Testarossa, though.

ehhh.. Above = Fail :-)

Sorry for the lame-a$$ oneliner...

The car designed with a ruler. Sub-Zero.
Cool. I had a poster of one on my wall as a kid so for nostalgia reason it's gets a cool. Past that the car doesn't really excite me that much. Plus how do you make a 25th anniversary edition for three model years :lol:.

The same way you make a F40 for 4 years & a F50 for 3.

Except the F40 wasn't called the Ferrari F40 40th Anniversary. I think it's stupid to have an anniversary model that last longer than one year.

That's an argument of semantics. They were all anniversary cars, and the F40 (not sure about the F50) was originally "advertised" as such as well.

I know that, but the Countach was built for what 15 years? And they did the anniversary edition for 3. It's one thing to design, build and market an entire car model for your companies anniversary, it's another to have an edition of a model.

I just think it's funny and a bit stupid. It's really not that big of a deal.

Except the F40 wasn't called the Ferrari F40 40th Anniversary. I think it's stupid to have an anniversary model that last longer than one year.
Probably because the car's whole purpose was to celebrate the company's anniversary? :dunce:

But whatever.

Cool

Maths may have made it a better car, but the look just isn't the Countach that I remember.

Big wings, flaps, splitters, vents and other nonsense is what made this car totally awesome. See: Cannonball Run

Yuck. I guess I'm the only person who voted "Seriously Uncool". Are people denying the fact that the post-LP400 bodywork got more and more gaudy?

Not that the Countach was ever a good looking car compared to the Miura, but the original was pretty clean looking at least.

(big version of the picture below)
http://pictures.topspeed.com/cars/l.../200511/1973-lamborghini-countach_1600x0w.jpg

1973-lamborghini-countach_800x0w.jpg

I definitely prefer the look of the original Countach, but the later one is still a cool car just because it defines supercar. The side profile, or even just the silhouette - it's just about the quintessential supercar silhouette (also shared with the Lotus Esprit). Any other supercar is just a development on that theme.

Lamborghini-Countach_Quattrovalvole_1985_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Probably because the car's whole purpose was to celebrate the company's anniversary? :dunce:
Joey says it's stupid having an anniversary model that is on sale for more than 1 year. For example, a 1989 25th anniversary Countach takes you back to the year after Lamborgini was founded.

McLaren is saying that Joey doesn't realise that it was made for the company's anniversary, not the model's.

You are both technically right, yet you're both having different arguments.

Seriously uncool. I just prefer the standard model, the 25th just looks like someone's had a shopping spree in Halfords...

I mean, I understand the what makes it "cool," but...I dunno, I always liked the Testarossa better when growing up. So...Just Cool.

I'm the same, I liked the Testarossa better aswell (thankyou Miami Vice!) but both of them would get sub-zero's from me. :cool:

*clicks on sub-zero* đź‘Ť

As I heard from one quote "If the Miura made Lamborghini famous, then the Countach made Lamborghini Immortal."

Sub-Zero, no question about it.

especially after watching cannonball run..

Cool, would have been sub zero if it had been a early Countach.

Sorry i voted seriously uncool, compared to the original the 25th is as ugly as a slug :grumpy:

Attachments

• _dsc1301_wm.jpg
    _dsc1301_wm.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
Cool:
while the looks are definitely sub zero, the fact that its horrid to drive and that Lambo drivers have such a t**tish reputation, knocks it down to Cool.

In a not so unexpected finish, the Countach 25th Anniversary has been deemed Sub-Zero.

Back