• 45 comments

Lotus Evora

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted Sub-Zero but it was close:

For:
-It's a Lotus
-It's a Lotus that handles exceptionally well
-By all accounts, it has great steering compared to the competition (Cayman and the like... yes... compared to the Cayman)
-It's a car that doesn't rely on headline figures to justify itself.

Against:
-It's not a particularly pretty Lotus... especially compared to classic looks of the Elan, the techno-geekiness of the Elan M1 and Esprit or the mad hornet looks of the current Elise.
-Camry. V6. A more agricultural V6 there isn't. At least the ZZ engine in the Elise is suitably zingy... but big Toyota engines? No. Hell, if marketing needs didn't force them to keep a 6000+ rpm redline, they'd probably limit them to 5500. It may actually rev to 7000 rpm in the Evora, but it's character is basically still the same... torquey, not keen on high revs.

-

Personally, I felt the negatives weren't enough to justify downrating to cool, but I can see a lot of votes going that way.

Goes against Lotus thinking to make this car, but they really pulled it off in the looks department. Performance seems to be there thanks to the Camry engine, but really, how cool can you be when guys in a Toyota Camry can brag that they have the same engine as you? Cool.

Now here's a Lotus I actually like. It doesn't try too hard, it actually weighs more than a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi and a Snickers bar, and it's got at least some power to it.

It's a start.

COOL

Cool

I like the car. As a matter of fact, I love it. But for it to be sub-zero, it would require some kind of emotional reaction. This car just doesn't do that for me. Granted, I haven't seen one in person. That could change things.

Gotta say Uncool with this one

I've always loved Lotus ever since I sat in a Esprit V8 as a kid but this one is just a bit too generic looking for my liking. Doesn't have the same purist-feel as the Elise or Exige either and that Toyota-sourced V6 doesn't help it any either.

Uncool for me. It is not what Lotus are about. Simplify and add lightness? Really? Where?

This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw it, yet couldn't express it with words. I would rather have an Elise over one of these. Now that is simple, and light.

EDIT: Damn... Over 1300kg and I voted cool? I'm an idiot. :banghead:

Last edited:
COOL - just an overall good looking car with descent stats to back it up.

Would really like to see one in "real life".

Cool because of the fact that it's a Lotus and yet has the statistics of a lighter Legacy. I'd still take an M3 over it though...but for me it still tops the Cayman.

Back