GTP Cool Wall : Nissan GT-R VOTE!

Nissan GT-R

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

boiltheocean

Premium
Samoa
Samoa
.:Nissan GT-R suggested by homeforsummer:.

Pic
Nissan_GT-R_main2.jpg

Spec
http://www.gtrnissan.com/pdf/specs.en.uk.pdf

Sorry its just a Hyperlink but these are uber-detailed specs, too much to fit in a thread. Also sorry I'm abit late in starting this Poll, been alittle busy lately.

Cool. One of the uglier cars in its family tree, but that's hardly something to complain about. The Super GT R35 looks sexy as hell as well.

Seriously Uncool

Times like eleventy billion thousand million

Seriously Uncool. To me, just because something's fast doesn't make it awesome. I agree with wrcsti that it's ugly, heavy, and too big. It wouldn't necessarily take the fun out of driving, but with no stick option it's a no-go.

I iceboxed it.

Honestly, I don't care that it's "ugly," (So Is a Formula 1 car, for the same reason - aero,) fat (it doesn't drive it's weight,) and has had it's reputation ruined by one hoon on the internet who broke his transmission and decided to bitch about it. oh, and ricers. We can't forget the damage they do.

Seriously, It's Nissan trying to shake off the Rice-boy attitude with a car that delivers Turbo performance for Carrera prices. It still can't, for some reason. It's for this sort of reason I hate The Fast and the Furious. Now the Japanese can never be taken seriously in the international stage.

The GT-R also eschews style for Performance. It doesn't look good BECAUSE it goes fast. It's the Ultimate Engineering project...and you know Engineers do some stupid, illogical things. Think about it that way, and one can forgive putting launch control on the car. A stick might be more durable...or maybe not. Who's to say? Certainly won't be faster, as a Stick would lose time every shift, especially on a road course.

It's really not as huge as it looks. I've seen one in person...compared to a Challenger, it's rather tidy. It's probably not much bigger, or really, might be a little smaller than, the Camaro. It's the 4WD and Dual-Clutch that makes this car so heavy, but it's also that which makes the car so fast.

Nissan told their engineers, "Build a midsize coupe, and make it as fast as you can. You have an unlimited budget." That's exactly what they did. Too bad everyone hates it.

If only they made one in blue.

Come on guys, How can you say the GTR is uncool. The car is wicked fast very streetable I think the thing looks awesome. I bet every single one of you would be so completly proud to be seen in one. And for the price it is not a bad super car value.

Come on guys, How can you say the GTR is uncool. The car is wicked fast very streetable I think the thing looks awesome. [snip]
And for the price it is not a bad super car value.

I have some sympathy with this sentiment. Thought long and hard about how I'd answer this vote. I think that the GT-R is probably an "experience" car. I'd want to drive one to experience it. However...

I bet every single one of you would be so completly proud to be seen in one.

If you're including me in this, you're way wrong. I'd drive the car, but I'd want to take it somewhere where nobody saw me. The car has such a surrounding of internet fanboyism that it completely sideskirts any of the coolness of the other Japanese road rockets. I'd be ashamed to be seen in it.

It's the Audi RS6 of the midsize coupe, bludgeoning its way to its performance with a technical tour de force that tries to rewrite physics. I think that if you went out and bought one, you'd either be a rich derivative idiot or someone who thought "to hell with perception, I like it".

It just sneaks over the top of "uncool".

Cool. yes, mere cool from me. it's as fast or faster that best of the P-cars, and even italian bull and stallion got worried, hence the quick appearance of DCT in California.. and Porsche and BMW and Volvo and and and.. it's the big thing at the moment. But it lacks something.. it lacks blue paint and proper armada of V-Spec, V-Spec II, V-Spec II Nür and Nismo R, S and Z-tunes.

I have to agree with "Jim Prower" on this - icebox.

I've seen these in real life , and to me they are a very nice pieces.V-6 power is impressive : 485hp and 430lbft of torque is impressive as well, and it is almost a 200 mph car .

Uncool for me, though it's interesting to see people's different views on it (which is why I nominated it).

Personally, I find it uncool because it doesn't do anything for me in relation to my tastes in cars. I'm not overly bothered about outright speed or ruthless efficiency, I do care about how something looks (and the GT-R doesn't appeal to me with it's looks, though obviously everyone is different), and to me a supercar is still a temperamental, sleek, impractical, heart-over-head purchase, even when it's at the expense of usability. I like an over the top or classical interior, not that of a glorified Primera.

Oh, and I prefer cars that girls like, rather than impressing guys. I like feminine cars, or cars with softer attributes (say of that what you will...) and the GT-R is about as masculine as you can get.

So yeah, to me it's uncool.

i am one of the people who have been gifted with the chance to drive one of these works of art. i will agree that it isnt pretty to the eye but driving one is a magestic wonder of technilogical feats. sorry for the big words but this car is worthy of them. now i personaly have a viper and boy is it a screamer but this car is fast in a completely different way. this is a car where you can floor it and just turn the wheel and it will basically fix everything for you, like turning all the aids on in GT5:P. the viper may be faster in a straight line and maybe even on a track but the GTR is so much easier to drive fast, and even just drive in general. i am personally in love with the car but will never own one. not because of money but because its just too damn easy to drive. i like a challenge :) so i will give it a rating of cool but leaning towards the subzero. there's my 2 cents see you later :P

Sub Zero... only one simple reason... a supercar that I can drive anyday, anytime, and anywhere in this great country that costs under $75,000.... how can that be wrong? ;) :sly: Randy

AW I'm not worried about any of that fanboy stuff. I just like the car thats all.

It doesn't matter whether you like it or not. Like the earlier thread for the XJ220, I like the car but it's just not cool.

As it is in this case. I like the car, but it's a SEVENTY THOUSAND POUND NISSAN. And there's no way you can explain what it is that makes it worth the money without sounding like the most boring man on the planet. And this makes it uncool.

I have to agree with "Jim Prower" on this - icebox.

I've seen these in real life , and to me they are a very nice pieces.V-6 power is impressive : 485hp and 430lbft of torque is impressive as well, and it is almost a 200 mph car .

This explains it well.

i completely understand the fact of not believing so heres the pic. i just ran into my garage and took this real quick with my phone. Since its currently winter its kinda boxed in because i dont like to drive it in the rain :P i get nervous in the rain sometimes :nervous: it is a very fun car to have and drive, although mainly in the summer :sly:

Attachments

• IMG_0239.jpg
    IMG_0239.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 50
Back