GTP Formula Drift Season II - Season 3 Postponement Announcement

• Thread starter LVracerGT
  • 261 comments
United States
Iowa, USA
LVracerGT
DSC_4773i1680.jpg

Tuesday Nights @ 9pm EST - Room will open for practice @ 8:30pm EST
Talented drifters battle for a 8 round drift championship! (Prizes are an added bonus over bragging rights)

CHANGES FOR SEASON 2

- HP limit has been bumped up from 650 to 700hp
- A team championship has now been established. Each team may only be 2 cars.
- Points structure has been changed.
- Trial Mountain and Cote de Azur have been replaced with Tsukuba and Daytona
- You must not have any issues with your internet/connection

- *There will now only be 8 drivers for points tandems in each round. Qualifying runs will begin at 9pm EST and tandems will begin immediately after. See tandem rules below for pairing info.

General Rules:

RWD only
Must use the same car the entire season
Street cars only. No RM's/Race Cars/D1 cars allowed.
Unrestricted tuning with a 700hp limit
Comfort hards only
Competition rounds will be held in my personal lobby. Only send me a FR if you are on the drivers list/reserve list.

Lobby Rules:

- During tandems do not type anything into chat or talk over the mic. It is distracting to the drivers. If you are a repeat offender you will be asked to leave or be removed from the lobby. This will be strictly enforced.

- Absolutely no honking during competition tandems. Doing so will be an automatic round loss. This will be strictly enforced.

- If there is a incident or situation you are unhappy with send me a private message over PSN during competition, or PM here at GTP. Arguments during competition will not be tolerated. They are distracing and delay competition.

On the same note, slander or personal attacks will not be tolerated and are grounds for permanent removal from the series.

Tandem Rules:

- Stay off the track unless it is your turn to compete. Offenders will be removed from the lobby.

-Judging will be based on angle, clipping points, how closely you can follow, and consistency.

-Car pairing will be based on qualifying. The number 1 qualifier will be paired against the number 8 qualifier in true bracket style. Pairings are as follows:

1-8
2-7
3-6
4-5

-When 2 cars line up the car on the outside of the first turn will be the lead car on the first pass. When lining up for the second pass the order will be flipped. I.E. the car on the outside of the first pass will line up on the inside of the second pass to follow.

-Courtesy rolls will be enforced.

-If the following car initiates contact mid-drift and causes the lead car to spin or lose the drift they will be docked.

-If a car leading spins or contacts the wall the car following will not be penalized for contact.

2nd - 8 points
3rd - 6 points
4th - 4 points

1st tandem loss - 1 point

Drivers List:

LVracerGT - Ford Mustang GT
fcpmarcus - BMW M3 '07
KYOKI-
MLD_Ant - BMW 135i
RedSuns-Velineon - Chevy Camaro SS '10xDriFtZz
monsterGAUZ - Ford Mustang Mach1 '71
Sparco--Smoke - 02' GTS Dodge Viper
IgniterKing - Camaro SS "Edge Special"
Prodigy-Z28 - 98 Camaro Z28 Coupe
Prodigy-SRninja - BMW M3 '07
crazynutt - Mustang Cobra R
SixSpeedSideways - x540 Chaser
x_XNyordiaX_X - TBD
Powellx234 - Alfa Romeo 8C
MDL-DriftWorks - TBD
MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD - BMW M5
Gonales - Shelby Series 1 Supercharged
KYOKI-Jn - Commodore SS '04
MLD_DriftMonkey - Mustang Cobra R
tanman1111 - C63 AMG
THEOGTOMKAT - TBD
Proshoots - Nissan 370z (Z34)

Teams List:

SlipAngle - LVracerGT/crazynutt
NEMISIS - fcpmarcus/TBD
KYOKI - KYOKI-xDriFtZz/KYOKI-Jn
Major League Drift - MLD_Ant/MDL-DriftWorks
RedSuns - RedSuns-Velineon/TBD
BURST - monsterGAUZ/SixSpeedSidewayz
Sparco Drift Team - Sparco_Smoke/IgniterKing
Prodigy - Prodigy-Z28/Prodigy-SRninja
Arsenal - THEOGTOMKAT/tanman1111

Judges:
MLD-Nammer
SixSpeedSideways

Drivers Championship Standings:

7235986322_1ee37e0dfd_b.jpg

MLD-Ant - 61pts
fcpmarcus - 37pts
LVracerGT - 36pts
MonsterGAUZ - 24pts
IgniterKing - 16pts
MLD-DriftWorks 12pts
MLD-DriftMonkey - 11pts
xDriFtZz - 11pt
THEOGTOMKAT - 10pts
KYOKI-Jn - 10pts
crazynutt - 8pts
MLR-DangerKid - 5pts
Proshoots - 3pt
Zeon - 2pt
Prodigy-Z28 - 1pt
Prodigy-SRninja - 1pt
Baldo99 - 1pt
Prodigy-Shiro - 1pt

Team Championship Standings:

Major League Drift - 58pts
SlipAngle - 39pts
NEMISIS - 29pts
Arsenal - 13pts
BURST - 18pts
KYOKI - 11pts
Prodigy - 2pts

Schedule Color Code:

Green = Start
Blue = Clipping points
Red = Finish

Round 1 - Madrid Reverse
user75620_pic16587_1293539938.gif

Round 2 - Fuji GT
user75620_pic16634_1293552794-1.gif

Round 3 - Suzuka East
user75620_pic16647_1293552955-1.gif

Round 4 - Daytona
user75620_pic16632_1293552794.gif

Round 5 - Indianapolis
user75620_pic16672_1293635640-1.gif

Round 6 - Autumn Ring
user75620_pic16598_1293541756-1.gif

Round 7 - Tsukuba
user75620_pic16649_1293552955.gif

Round 8 - Cape Ring
user75620_pic16602_1293541756.gif

Last edited:
I may join in this season. Looks good, and as much as people don't like FD as much. I just love it for the sound of Chevy V8's. :dopey: :drool:

This tournament is legit fun! I did one late round then had to drop out due to my neck problem, but it was the most fun I had in a while playing this game. I'll be joining season 2, I just hope my neck is up to it.

I might be interested in being one of the judges. I feel the competition is a bit too tough for me to be competitive.

crazynutt
I might be interested in being one of the judges. I feel the competition is a bit too tough for me to be competitive.

Well can discuss that. I personally think you have potential just need a little more consistency. How's the wheel practice going?

Well can discuss that. I personally think you have potential just need a little more consistency. How's the wheel practice going?

Not good. Just can't get the hang of it. Throttle control is killing me. Can't seem to figure it out. All I do is spin out. I have an idea on judging I'd like to run by you though.

crazynutt
Not good. Just can't get the hang of it. Throttle control is killing me. Can't seem to figure it out. All I do is spin out. I have an idea on judging I'd like to run by you though.

Sure. Pm me

Can't wait for this to start again! I'm not sure yet which car I will use for this season.. perhaps another bmw :sly:

I'm most likely gonna stay with my Ford. It suits my style so well. Different colors probably 👍

Edit: S2 Teaser Details

HP Limit increased to 700
2 driver teams now allowed for Teams Championship
Tsukuba and Daytona have been added to the upcoming schedule, Trial Mountain removed.

P.S. I need a teammate for Team Suislide :sly:

Last edited:
Sorry for all the delays. It's been a very hectic and stressful week.

I still need 3 judges, if anyone is interested or knows someone who might be PM me.

I'm gonna shoot for starting season 2 next week on Monday for the first few weeks to get things going. Anyone not able to make Mondays?

I really don't think 700hp is necessary, most cars can't even make that.

When you get everything sorted with the OP and your judges I might be interested though.

I'm intereted in this as well. It would be nice if you could do it on weekends where's no other important drift event and if you would set a bit more europe friendly times 👍

Sorry to everyone, but yeah keep it weekdays. This is the one tournament I can count on during the week since I've been extremely busy during weekends :D

Sorry to everyone, but yeah keep it weekdays. This is the one tournament I can count on during the week since I've been extremely busy during weekends :D

For me it's the other way around :ouch: .

I can't wait for this to start, it's going to be twice as epic as last time! A lot of amazing drivers will sign up for this! ;) I just hope this new medication my doctor has me on works so I can get back to having a, "normal" life. I'm tired of having to say "Sorry I can't come, my neck hurts."

OP updated as far as it will be for today, I might get some of the track maps done that aren't included ATM later today. Round 1 will be this coming Tuesday, so get signed up!

If you are signing up, even if you were a regular in Season 1, read through all the rules and regulations. Some of them have changed, and it never hurts to refresh your memory :sly:

I'm intereted in this as well. It would be nice if you could do it on weekends where's no other important drift event and if you would set a bit more europe friendly times 👍

This. I do not wish to be up at 1:00 am on a school night competing in a D1GP competition to be tired the next day. :indiff: .

Damn... I would love to participate in this one but I can't make the time frames... Time for Marc to defend the title!

Keep that trophy with NEMESIS!! :sly:

PSN/GTP: KYOKI-xDriFtZz
Team: KYOKI
Car: Will get back to you tomorrow, my car felt bad today D:

Look forward to this comp, heard season one was awesome 👍

Last edited:
GTP/PSN: monsterGAUZ
Team: BURST (Illusion Dorifuto
Car: Ford Mustang Mach1 '71

I will try and get some sleep during the afternonn at the event days so I won't be that tires the next day

Back