GTP Karting: Meeting 01 - Tsukuba

• Thread starter AJ
  • 46 comments
Well done everyone. The archive of the broadcast is now available.

Tomorrow's Round 2 Heats have been postponed until 12th July to give us some time assess and implement the changes and improvements that need to be made to the Series.

That last race was absolutely unbelievable. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it, thoroughly looking forward to the next one!

I would like to say thank you to AJ and crew for an amazing race day (races)
and allowing me to be part of this.
By the time we get to Brans Hatch it's going to be incredible can't wait.

Watched the recording of the finals and there was some amazing racing and a lot of drama!
Both Makozi Racing Internacional drivers in the KZ1 category had good start, battling almost for every corner until Nik_Makozi went off-track and got engine damage and had to make an early pit-stop.
Later in the race Nik_Makozi again had a misfortune by short re-fueling and ran out of petrol on the Lap 28 finishing the race at 8th position.
IBt_33(jjac33) had also lost his high position held all the way throughout the race. The 1st position on the last lap of the race was lost and ended to be 5th also because of not enough fuel in his tank.
We were all having high expectations of getting 1st and 2nd place for Makozi Racing Internacional drivers!
Hopefully this will be a good lesson for all of us and in future will be seeing both Nik_Makozi and IBt_33 on the podium.

So I'm still yet to watch the KZ1 final but considering the lack of drivers that were meant to race it was still an awesome Karting weekend.

Had a great battle with @crawles69 all race for KF2, really looking forward to more. I didn't quite get my transmission set right so lacked some top speed which hindered staying with the top 4 but still massive amounts of fun, binned the kart 1st corner of the last lap and a lost battle for 5th with @crawles69. Fortunately last was only 6th so some good points.

Stream and commentary was awesome as always, showing everyone I can because it really is a great watch on any race, so thank you to the whole GTP team.

Looking forward to the first standings update!

Great racing in all the classes, and also incredibile commetary too!!!
When the results will be available?

This race ! I watch the final KZ1 race, and it's amazing... I'm the driver who lost all the gap the last lap :banghead::D

Trust Crelou to 'like' that post! Great racing nonetheless, really thought you had it in the bag!

Race Results
The following classifications have now been published;

- Final - KZ
- Final - KF

- Event Fastest Lap

So I was in a KF2 final, but I'm not in the results. Have I missed a change to the points results for finals?

So I was in a KF2 final, but I'm not in the results. Have I missed a change to the points results for finals?

The format change was retroactively applied for the sake of consistency, so no points were awarded in either the KF2 or KF3 Final for Round 1.

Back