GTP Mass Debating Contest- Heat 4

• Thread starter Danny
  • 73 comments
I'm happy that we've won ofcourse, but I really wasn't sure if we would or not, congratulations to team B for putting up a fantastic argument as well 👍.

Really, well done to both teams. I'm getting nervous about the A-Team's upcoming bout.

Take your pick. :)

Attachments

• Judge Famine I.jpg
    Judge Famine I.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 64
  • Judge Famine II.jpg
    Judge Famine II.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 64
Something I should have said earlier in this thread. I want to thank L4S and KTB for all their help. We worked hard as a team to make sure to back up every one of our claims with some sort of credible source/study/paper/reasoning/etc. and it worked out.

When we first came together we had dream that one day... just kidding, that's it. Thanks guys.

:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Amen to that, we all played a part and we all had something that made it into the final draft 👍.

I think I might be more interested in Famine as a judge, rather than a debater, actually. Next debate should be fun.

I can't belive that Team B is out in the first round. They were arguably most feared in the beginning, plus, they put together strong enough argument for both debates, only to get knocked off(by a slight margin, too) by two teams that really rose to the occasion. Sorry to see you go, Team B. I thought you guys did great. 👍

When we first came together we had dream that one day... just kidding, that's it. Thanks guys.
Thank god. Last thing I want to hear from danoff is some mass debating dream.

In the world of mass debating anything can happen and some people go sooner than expected :nervous:.

It's odd you say that. Most people don't discuss Mass Debating in public.

It's odd you say that. Most people don't discuss Mass Debating in public.

I don't just discuss Mass Debating in public, I engage in it.

Anyway I am happy my team won... it's a pleasant birthday surprise ;)

Kudos to the judges to being able to make a non-partial decision. And I must say Team B was just unlucky... they could have won both debates.

As for my own views, I think that it depends on the type of government instituting it. For instance, a tribal society that isn't civilized like the western modern world pretty much needs to enact that system to keep the peace. But countries that most of us are from shouldn't use capital punishment unless it was absolutely necessary.

Back