GTP NASCAR Euro Racecar Series

• Thread starter Knelly
  • 250 comments
England
Reigate, Surrey
Knelly
dbglsz.png

Just like American NASCAR, EURO-RACECAR is born from the dreams of a family named the Galpins. They wanted to develop in Europe a new way of racing where show, fun for drivers and cost efficiency would be the key words. A series where human prevails over machine and which the slogan 'Pure Racing' is the perfect definition. Today, after only 3 seasons, to be the first ever series in the world to be both NASCAR Touring Series and FIA International Series labelised is the result of the efforts of a great family of passionates: fans, sponsors, drivers, teams and so many more. Joining this family means sharing its values and developing together a series that should revoultionize the European motorsport. It's a good day to officially recognize the EURO RACECAR Series as a NASCAR Touring Series. This series features terrific racing excitement for fans, a family-friendly environment, talented racecar drivers, powerful racecars, and a first-rate presentation in the paddock. It also features a strong business model for sponsors. Thanks for your interest in the EURO RACECAR NASCAR Touring Series, and we hope to see you at the races.

Time to bring this to the GTP NASCAR group here, and I'd like to finally introduce Season 1. This will consist of 6 races across some of Europes greatest circuits (or the closest GT5 will allow).

All races will be held on Friday evenings, starting at 23:00 BST (18:00 EST) in a public lobby hosted by me. Send a PSN friend request to "Knelly" if you wish to race in this series.

23:00 BST (18:00 EST) - Room opens in a public lobby for an open practice session.
23:45 BST (18:45 EST) - Room is reset, and qualifying begins. All cars qualify on track together.
00:00 BST (19:00 EST) - Race 1 begins automatically, with a scheduled start time of 00:00 BST.
00:30 BST (19:30 EST) - Race 2 begins with a reverse grid line up

NEXT RACE:

The next race will take place on 31 August 2012. This will be at Le Sarthe
3 Lap Sprint + 1 Pace Lap
6 Lap Endurance + 1 Pace Lap

POINTS SCORING:

Points will be awarded as follows for the Driver's Championship:

TONIGHT IS DOUBLE POINTS FOR THE FINAL

1st place - 46 points
2nd place - 42 points
3rd place - 41 points
4th place - 40 points
5th place - 39 points
6th place - 38 points
7th place - 37 points
8th place - 36 points
9th place - 35 points
10th place - 34 points
11th place - 33 points
12th place - 32 points
13th place - 31 points
14th place - 30 points
15th place - 29 points
16th place - 28 points

+1 point for leading a lap
+1 point for leading the most laps

PENALTIES:

10 seconds per incident in Sprint
15 seconds per incident in Main
5 seconds each time gear over fourth used, with exclusion from the race and 0 points scored, after 30 seconds of penalties

Last edited:
Rules and Regulations

*Power is restricted to 453 horsepower for ALL races using the Engine's Power Limiter function.
*Only Racing Medium tires will be permitted. No other tire compounds of any kind may be used.
*ABS can be set to either 0 or 1.
*All other driving aids (Active Steering, ASM, TCS, SRF, Driving Line) will be disabled on the race setup menu.
*Mechanical Damage is ON, but limited to LIGHT damage.
*Fuel Consumption and Tire Wear is ON.
*Grip Reduction is set to REAL.
*Slipstream is set to WEAK.
*Boost is OFF.
*Visual Damage is OFF.
*Microphones will be set to ON, unless it is determined that they cause too many connection/stability issues.
*RACE CLEAN - It's OK (and expected) to let off of the gas (or even brake) so you don't run over someone in a turn. Bumpdrafting is LEGAL, brake-checking is NOT. Dirty drivers will not be permitted to return to later events.
*While cornering, the two outside tires must remain completely on the tarmac/concrete/pavement at all times. Rumble strips ARE considered part of the tarmac/concrete/pavement. Anyone that is caught cutting corners can be assessed up to a 10-second penalty, per occurrence, at the discretion of the league host.
*NO CAUTIONS - use this as an extra motivation to RACE CLEAN.

Last edited:
Car Registration

Chevrolet_Camaro_LM_Race_Car.JPG

Chevrolet Camaro LM Racecar
BHP : 453
Weight : 1,170 kg
Gears : Maximum of four gears. This is for realism and the car can more than cope with only using four. Any driver found using fifth or sixth gear will be assessed penalties in seconds, up to exclusion from the race and the position they finished.
Tyres : Racing Mediums
Titanium Racing Exhaust is allowed (if not already come with car)
No Turbo Kits are allowed
Rest of car will be stock as purchased, there is nothing else to buy other than Turbos (to be checked) which are banned.

Participants

Knelly : Silver Chrome
Joe : Red
Mudd : Earnhardt Black
Niop : Orange
Frasier : Colour TBA
RedPH : Green & White
Matty : Blue
Adrenaline : Colour TBA

Last edited:
Schedule

27 / 07 - Pre Season Car Test (10 lap races to decide on tyres / race length)
10 / 08 - Nurburgring GP/D (Race 1 - 10 Laps / Race 2 - 20 Laps) Substitute for Nogaro
17 / 08 - Tsukuba (Race 1 - 10 Laps / Race 2 - 20 Laps) Substitute for Brands Hatch
24 / 08 - Spa Francorchamps (Race 1 - 5 Laps / Race 2 - 10 Laps)
31 / 08 - 1/3 mile Joe's Tokyo Track (Race 1 - 20 Laps / Race 2 - 30 Laps) Substitute for Tours Speedway
07 / 09 - Monza (Race 1 - 6 Laps / Race 2 - 12 Laps) Substitute for Valencia SEMI FINAL
14 / 09 - Le Mans (Race 1 - 3 Laps / Race 2 - 6 Laps) FINAL

All races will include one pace lap to allow a rolling start.

Races for the SEMI FINAL and FINAL will be for double points from that above.

If there is time a week later, due to Indycar S3 starting, then we will host an Exhibition Race at Daytona (laps tba if it happens), as this is happening IRL.

I will need a replacement host for the Tsukuba race as I will not be here :grumpy: Any volunteers?

Last edited:
Championship Table

Attachments

• Euro Table.pdf
    82.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Looking good 👍

24 August - 2/3 mile Joe's Eifel Track (Race 1 - 20 Laps / Race 2 - 40 Laps) Substitute for Tours Speedway

Thought that was going to be my 1/3 mile Tokyo Bay track? Don't remember having any decent Eifel ones.

Stop me if i'm wrong but i think Euro Racecar Series was born in France, no?
(it's just a question, nothing else ;) )

Are we not allowed use over 4th gear? Seen a mention of something like that in the post but no definition.

Stop me if i'm wrong but i think Euro Racecar Series was born in France, no?
(it's just a question, nothing else ;) )

Your'r right Litchi, it was born out of France by Jerome Galpin which is why the schedule is still 50% French circuits. It was only brought into NASCAR before the start of Season 3 hence why it now has FIA and NASCAR affiliation.

Are we not allowed use over 4th gear? Seen a mention of something like that in the post but no definition.

Yeah, just not got around to introducing the specs yet, but IRL the cars only have four gears and I want to try and keep it as realistic as possible.

What is the purpose of this rule?

As above really Red, so that we try and keep it close to realism. Whether we go one spec (Camaro LM Racecar) or multi spec (Dodge, Chevvy, Ford), all the cars have been confirmed as able to cope with a four gear placement.

There will be more work done on this, this evening but please bear with me as I'm not used to putting all this information together.

Nice link as well Furi. I was there that weekend. The DTM's were running later in the day. 👍

OK, I've made the decision that we are to use just the Chevrolet Camaro LM Racecar for this series. Makes it a lot easier and avoids the potential of issues often found in TOCA.

Therefore, please sign up with name and car colour so we can start getting a list together. 👍

Don't have it. Won't sign up until I do either.

This Friday is the preseason race correct? If so, my 'Earnhardt black' Camaro would love to participate. Not sure if I can pull off a whole series, but we'll see.

P.S. also have a stock pile of silver chrome if Drop's not pullin' through for ya

Add: What track?

Last edited:
Don't have it. Won't sign up until I do either.

This is the only problem with the one-spec. I believe Drop said that it's collectable under a L21 ticket? Unfortunatley I have no tickets (of any kind) but hopefully someone else would be able to help you out?

This Friday is the preseason race correct? If so, my 'Earnhardt black' Camaro would love to participate. Not sure if I can pull off a whole series, but we'll see.

P.S. also have a stock pile of silver chrome if Drop's not pullin' through for ya

Add: What track?

Good to hear Mudd, will put you on the list.

I'm sure Drop will come good with the Chromes, as I only asked him a couple of hours ago. It's not that he's not pulling through at all.

As for track what would everyone like to do? Run 3 laps races, 10 lap races (probably better to test we are using the right tyres), non-scheduled, or scheduled tracks.

I will open this up 👍

Knelly
This is the only problem with the one-spec. I believe Drop said that it's collectable under a L21 ticket? Unfortunatley I have no tickets (of any kind) but hopefully someone else would be able to help you out?

I'll ask him another time. Thanks though :)

I've got a Lv. 21 ticket, send me a request, Matty

Knelly
Happy to buy you something if you want mate, in exchange for giving Matty the ticket 👍

Sure thing, I'll take a shove across the line next time we meet at 'Tona, it should only cost you a bit of pride. :D

Knelly, I have more then enough Cr. to buy any tradable car that's lying about.

Oh and I could dupe it a bit too.

How about a NASCAR Trucks Chevrolet SST?

I've got more cars then I know what to do with, and my credits keep maxing out. But if it makes you feel better to call it a trade, I'll take a Daytona tune for the Chevy truck, I've yet to try it there.

As far as tracks, I've got quite few miles on the Camaro around various road courses, ppppbbbbtt..... Edited because I've finished reading the OP now. Doh! I'd say 10 laps around a few different tracks would be good.

Last edited:
You can sign me up. The color will be orange.
I should be able to make most of the races. 👍

Ah, yeah.. Knelly can give the tune :sly: I can only get 15 laps anyway.. :nervous:

Sure thing, I'll take a shove across the line next time we meet at 'Tona, it should only cost you a bit of pride. :D

Don't push your luck :sly:

How about a NASCAR Trucks Chevrolet SST?

I'm afraid I only have one but if I come across another then it's yours 👍

I'll take a Daytona tune for the Chevy truck, I've yet to try it there.

Haven't got one together yet, but when I do I will definately share it with you.

I'd say 10 laps around a few different tracks would be good.

Tracks in Schedule, or others?

You can sign me up. The color will be orange.
I should be able to make most of the races. 👍

sign me up 👍

color TBD

Done, great to have you both on board 👍

Knelly, I have one. I meant I'd trade it for the Lv 21 ticket. 👍

Back