GTP NASCAR Truck Series S5 - Pre Season - Start Date Confirmed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 487 comments
  • 25,754 views

What road course do you want in this coming season?

  • Daytona Road Course!

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Spa!

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Nurburgring GP/D!

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Road Courses? I don't do right hand turns!

    Votes: 6 28.6%

  • Total voters
    21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
Messages
44,186
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Messages
Furinkazen_54
11scapu.jpg


bloggif_50b0e6d3b788f.gif

Last season of the GTP NASCAR Truck Series was phenomenal - 16 trucks started the season finale at Indianapolis, which resolved a six-way title fight in favour of Akmuq.

Next season will see a few tweak, which i'll outline here:

TRUCK TECH SPEC:
We stay with the Silverados, but move onto semi-racing exhausts instead for a better sound. 650hp for Daytona and SSRX, 750hp everywhere else.

CAUTIONS:
Cautions will not be triggered as easy. If two people wreck out the way then probably no yellow. For Daytona Road, cautions will only be triggered if there is a major wreck or lots of cars off across the circuit.

GREEN WHITE CHECKERS:
Up to 3 attempts at a finish, if there is a wreck before the last lap we won;t end other yellow, we will try up to 3 times in a 2 lap shootout for the finish. This also will add an extra spin in fuel mileage calculations...

PENALTIES:
Penalties will be issued in the format of a probation first, and then a points deduction of 2-5 pts depending on the severity of the offence. If it is severe, then probation and points penalty may be implemented at once.

QUALIFYING:
Qualifying will be run with collisions off and then we will run 1 lap in grid order with collisions off to save the grid order as a race result, and then switch collisions and start the race.

SCHEDULE:
10 races over 10 weeks, the first a non-championship shootout. Points will count for all 9 races after that. Preliminary schedule as of now has Motegi races more evenly spread out, and a mix of longer and shorter events.

NC: Daytona Trucks Shootout @ Daytona (40 laps) *650hp, Non-championship

01: NextEra Energy Resources 250 @ Daytona (100 laps) *650hp

02: Aarons 200k @ Motegi (83 laps) *Shifted from mid-season

03: Coca Cola 150 @ SS Route X (8 laps) *Shifted from mid-season

04: Aarons 100 @ Daytona Road Course (20 laps) *New race, 1min 50 laps, fuel good for around 15 laps

05: Camping World 100 @ Motegi Superspeedway (65 Laps) *Shifted from near start of season

06: PDI Line 300k @ SSRX (10 laps) *650hp, Replacement for the 7 lap SSRX race, a true strategy enduro, name was suggested by Fox

07: Chevrolet Silverado SS 150 @ Daytona Superspeedway (60 laps) *650hp

08: NASCAR Japan 150 @ Motegi Superspeedway (100 laps) *Longest Motegi race keeps its spot near end of season.

09: Brickyard 150 @ Indianapolis Superspeedway (60 laps) *Now only Indy race, should be a thrilling finale.


FULL TIME PART TIME

Pepsi Racing
- RedPartyHat
- Carbonox #29
- Matty #20
- Spurgy


Team RPM
- Furinkazen #54
- Chrisjohnson #93
- FlyingFox
- Neljack


Team Extreme
- James6653/michrulejj #50
- m8h3r #24
- Izzyracer #62
- MOTORTRENDmitch #63


Cut 'n Trim
- JakobNascar #88
- I am Yellow #17


Mobil 1 Racing
- Ganon #14
- akmuq
- DrifterJoe
- Smuffy


Death Knell Racing
- Knelly


From my understanding we have 11 full time drivers who are committed to every event of next season.
 
Last edited:
First
 
I'm in again. Don't yet know anything about teams, but I imagine Venom will return. I probably should have easily won last season, if it wasn't for 2 lots of last lap lag from my teammates (SSRX, and the final Indy race), as well as not being able to make Tours.
 
Furinkazen
Been a while since that happened to you :p.

Ya I know right :lol:.
 
I'm in again. Don't yet know anything about teams, but I imagine Venom will return. I probably should have easily won last season, if it wasn't for 2 lots of last lap lag from my teammates (SSRX, and the final Indy race), as well as not being able to make Tours.

Quote this post.

Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
 
I’ll probably sign up for another season of trucks
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
James6653/Team Extreme/#50
m8h3r/Team Extreme/#24
Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/?
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
James6653/Team Extreme/#50

m8h3r (James May) /Team Extreme/#24
Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/?
Smuffy / ???
Neljack / ???

Matty? / ???
Carbonox / ???
RPH? / ???

A few edits.
 
Is there gonna be a rookie of the year this season?
 
I'll sign up.


Now can I please make tables. Pwease.
 
I'll sign up.


Now can I please make tables. Pwease.

I'm handling tables, thanks for the offer Matty but it's my show and I should do things myself, you don't need to do extra :)
 
I am #88 this season and remember Me and James form together
 
I'm in again. Don't yet know anything about teams, but I imagine Venom will return. I probably should have easily won last season, if it wasn't for 2 lots of last lap lag from my teammates (SSRX, and the final Indy race), as well as not being able to make Tours.

Want to join CNT?
 
Furi, I know you are the host but who are going to be the race stewards?
 
Furi, I know you are the host but who are going to be the race stewards?

We can discuss that idea here :) , fire away RPH.
 
3 Daytonas, 3 Motegis, 2 SSRX and only 1 Indy?

.
 
Furinkazen
Good idea 👍

So there would be a handful of stewards correct?
 
So I'll stick with Pepsi again o.O
 
What about me? I'll be watching 70% of the races in the lounge.
 
Quote entry list if you wish...
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
James6653/Team Extreme/#50

m8h3r (James May) /Team Extreme/#24
Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/?
Smuffy / ???
Neljack / ???

Matty? / ???
Carbonox / ???
RPH / Pepsi
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
James6653/Team Extreme/#50

m8h3r (James May) /Team Extreme/#24
Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/#88
Smuffy / ???
Neljack / ???

Matty? / ???
Carbonox / ???
RPH / Pepsi

I am #88 next season.
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM
DrifterJoe / ???
James6653/Team Extreme/#50

m8h3r (James May) /Team Extreme/#24
Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/?
Smuffy / ???
Neljack / ???

Matty? / ???
Carbonox / ???
RPH / Pepsi

Ganon/Mobil 1 Racing/ #14
There it is.
 
Furinkazen / RPM
FlyingFox / RPM
ChrisJohnson / RPM/#93

DrifterJoe / ???

James6653/Team Extreme/#50
m8h3r (James May) /Team Extreme/#24

Jakobnascar88/Cut N' Trim/#88

Smuffy / ???
Neljack / ???

Matty? / ???
Carbonox / ???
RPH / Pepsi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back