GTP Racing School ::SIGNUPS OPEN::

• Thread starter Hollow
  • 263 comments
Hollow, I should have said earlier, but I was actually just being sarcastic when I said I could do the Aggresive driving. :P

I'm just telling you so people don't end up 'waiting' for me or anything.

Sorry for being misleading. :)

The only problem with the Internet is that most of the time it's hard to tell if people are being serious or sarcastic :indiff: .

By the way... Congrats Hollow, on doing so well with the GTAcademy.

I used GTP Racing School's services this week. Second time since you guys have started this up. Mitchman17 was very helpful and informative. I appreciate the help guys! I'll be back.

Always a pleasure.👍

Well I don't know where I need to improve. I just know I need it. It's very frustrating knowing I'm capable of extremely fast driving, but not knowing where I need the improvement is what I can't pin point because to me fm3 is way different compared to this game.

ItsAllAboutWins
Well I don't know where I need to improve. I just know I need it. It's very frustrating knowing I'm capable of extremely fast driving, but not knowing where I need the improvement is what I can't pin point because to me fm3 is way different compared to this game.

Take a look at the OP and start talking with instructors. If you lack a direction, you'll be better off taking them all. Find what interests you and start there.

And congrats Hollow, I'm pulling for you.

Welcome to GTPlanet. If you feel you need improvement, then I am a great racer and also do karting IRL. Feel free to add me on PSN (or send me a PSN message if it's full) if you want some tips on going seriously fast :) .

I'd be interested, to get some drift training. No, seriously. I have the experience, just want to know what you guys exactly teach in Drifting.

Just saw this thread, brilliant idea wish I saw it earlier might be using the services here and learn a bit :)

Congrats to Hollow on the GTAcademy :cheers:

Hollow, I should have said earlier, but I was actually just being sarcastic when I said I could do the Aggresive driving. :P

I'm just telling you so people don't end up 'waiting' for me or anything.

Sorry for being misleading. :)

It's alright! Some sarcastic smiley face would've helped me understand the tone of your post a bit more I guess. :P

It's been awhile since I visited GTP, thanks for all the appreciation, and obviously thanks to the members who do all the great work here. 👍

I have problems with switching from controller to steering wheel. My times are reaching rock-bottom when i switch. Can anyone help me?
You can add me in PSN if you want to (ID: Profi_jdr_10)

I have problems with switching from controller to steering wheel. My times are reaching rock-bottom when i switch. Can anyone help me?
You can add me in PSN if you want to (ID: Profi_jdr_10)

Not sure if a teacher can help you with that (but what would I know)

But as someone who also struggled from DS3 to wheel, I can recommend practice practice practice and for me using low powered FF cars as there easier to control whilst you get used to the wheel.

Lower the force feedback aswell as, as tempting as it is rocking it up to 10 to start with its a completely different feeling to a DS3.

Also doing the licence tests again was a help.

Good luck :D

That is a good idea, I'll stick to that and try to gold them all with my gtp account.

Thank you ;)

Drive slower, FF cars with low force feedback, and work your way up to super cars or race cars. After that, turn your FFB to the prefered setting and work your way up again. Without a doubt it takes time getting used to a wheel from a controller.

Luckily for me I got the G27 with the GT5 at release. 👍

I got my dfgt before gt5 but didnt use it that often, because I always wanted to go fast and that wasnt possible with the wheel.
I've set myself a high milestone now with the challenges and i'm motivated to tackle it :D

I got my dfgt before gt5 but didnt use it that often, because I always wanted to go fast and that wasnt possible with the wheel.
I've set myself a high milestone now with the challenges and i'm motivated to tackle it :D

Haha,

Yeah struggling and being slow when you know your fast is hard to take.

Short turn pain, long term gain tho ;)

I'm looking for some help to get to the next level as far as outright speed. When it comes to wheel to wheel stuff I'm competitive and am usually in the running for the win with SNAIL but I still struggle with outright pace in this game and for the life of me can't figure out what I can't figure out. What I feel is the problem is figuring out how to maximize the brakes through corner entry and in high horsepower cars how to get off of corners consistently fast. Anyways, if anyone would be willing to help I'd appreciate it.

I've nearly finished the licenses on gold :), thought I would need longer.
It seems to me, that the ic and ib license tests are the hardest, ia and s are pretty easy.
My next problem is, that I have less control of cars especially with rear wheel drive and I can't figure out how to get the control I have with the controller.
If I brake into corners, the car often drifts to one site and hits a wall or sth, with a controller that doesnt happen. I think this is because of my better reactions when using a controller; the analog stick can be handled faster than the wheel.
Do you need another line whn driving with a wheel?

hillracing
I'm looking for some help to get to the next level as far as outright speed. When it comes to wheel to wheel stuff I'm competitive and am usually in the running for the win with SNAIL but I still struggle with outright pace in this game and for the life of me can't figure out what I can't figure out. What I feel is the problem is figuring out how to maximize the brakes through corner entry and in high horsepower cars how to get off of corners consistently fast. Anyways, if anyone would be willing to help I'd appreciate it.

Ahhh, Hillracing .... you should be one of the instructors here. You don't have a human gene in you. Probably wouldn't hurt to share notes with Hollow or Small_Fryz.

Last edited:
Hi there,

Maybe i can help on the section under DS3 controller since i am using one

Ahhh, Hillracing .... you should be one of the instructors here. You don't have a human gene in you. Probably wouldn't hurt to share notes with Hollow or Small_Fryz.

Thanks for the kind words Joe. I'll send them a PM. My main thing is when I do a time trial I'm usually 2 seconds off what's fast and that's a lot. In SNAIL I can get on pace enough to fight for a podium and my ability to get through traffic in the reverse races makes up for not being the fastest. I feel like there's something I haven't figured out with the physics of the game that if I figure it out I'll be much faster.

If my schedule opens back up I'll be happy to take on some instructing duties.

I may need some help with no aids driving and distance management. I know, I have used no aids before, but I need to perfect my technique. I also tend to bump quite a bit.

Back