GTP TAC Leaderboards Attack -Duel- : RUF CTR '87 @ Nurburgring (MVR08 vs pvr77)

• Thread starter pvr77
  • 26 comments
The ''Yellow Monster'' in the ''Green Hell''

WTAC Duel between MVR08 and pvr77 using the RUF CTR '87 on The Nurburgring.

1. Track : Nurburgring
nrburgringnordschleife.png

2. Car : RUF CTR '87
rufctr.jpg

----------------

3. Cars specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options are at your disposal.

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Duration of the challenges : this challenge will start Sunday May 29th 4:00 pm GMT+2 and will end Saturday June
4th 3:59 pm GMT+2
(one week !)

--------------------

5. Time submission :

You'll have to post your Ghost Replay Data + Photo before Saturday June 4th 3:59 pm GMT+2. If you miss the deadline, your laptimes won't be in the website.

--------------------

6. Rules :

Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)
Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

Last edited:
I'm starting to think it was maybe a mistake choosing this car/track combo...

Tell me about it. I ran a session saturday and promise to myself that would not get mad or push to much the car just try to do a clean lap but after an hour I was so frustrated that I hard reset the psp and lost a 7'40 lap:ouch:

If I had trouble doing a clean lap with the GTR imagine this car...:scared:

Best so far for me was a not so clean 7'47.

I have to keep on reminding myself that the PSP is my friend and I shouldn't stomp on it or throw it against the wall...

just ran a couple of laps, best was 7'48 but not clean and it did point out the fact that you guys are up for a nervously very challenging duel -I lost control of the car at the end of the long straight, I was like "nooo, all the effort ruined in a hendredth of a second !"-

So good luck guys !

PS: as it is your own Duel, you're free to change some specifics -tires maybe-... your choice !

:cheers:

I don't wanna change the tires 'cause I want it to be as realistic as possible, I would never put racing slicks on my CTR (if only I had one ''sigh''). Also I'm not using any traction control (must be insane). :crazy:

I can get a clean lap one out of three times now, fastest clean ghost at the moment is 7'41.222.

My favorite parts of this track is Flugplatz at +180 kpm and that easy left over the crest at Kottenbom at +210 kpm on the brink of losing control. :scared:

Last edited:
I don't wanna change the tires 'cause I want it to be as realistic as possible, I would never put racing slicks on my CTR (if only I had one ''sigh'')
I wouldn't either but the default tires for the "Yellow Bird" are R1s :odd:... So I would understand why some would go for R tires...

Also I'm not using any traction control (must be insane). :crazy:

Well, in '87, did they have traction control ? ;) ! Remember TCS was asked to be off for the Yellow Bird/fuji challenge at week 29 (could be one of your "GTP TAC Leaderboards Attack : Affair of honor !" ;) ) ?

We sure are crazy, but realistic ones ;) !!!

Good luck !

I got lucky yesterday and nailed a clean lap of 7'31.9xx
That was a nervous drive at the end so I was a little bit conservative and theres a lot of time left on the track so how much of that you can be able to pick up its the thing, youll not going to pick it all up thats for sure hehe!

Never give up!! pvr77!
I always say 'if I'm going to die, I'm going to die battling ...on the RING!!!' haha!
Keep fighting with that car!!

Improving wasn't easy and I don't know if I was able to, since I think my "improved" lap is unclean.
I'll post both times just in case.

Ruf CTR Yellow Bird: 7'31.937
0406110943.jpg

Ruf CTR Yellow Bird: 7'29.954
0406110942.jpg

Here are some pics of the incident.
screen3u.jpg

screen2nib.jpg

Attachments

• 7-31.RAR
    56.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 7-29.RAR
    56.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Still at work. This sucks, looks like I'll have to post tomorrow but as you already hopelessly kicked my butt I don't think it makes any difference. Very good time, unbeatable!

This is a late entry, i know, so it shouldn't count.

RUF CTR '87 - 7'47.088
pic0002.png

Right, so here it is. I'm NOT satisfied with this ghost as I have several other that are quite a bit faster but all of them has at least one obvious mistake in them. :grumpy: I'm going to continue running the Yellow Bird on the ring and will post my times in the Nurburgring, Le Sarthe thread as I improve my times (hopefully).

Thanks easyasashii for checking the replays!

Attachments

• RUF CTR ''Yellow Bird''.zip
    65.1 KB · Views: 5
Back