United States
North Dakota
GTP_Cowboy
RacingCowboy570
Torchlight, nominated by @Naveek Darkroom
TorchlightRetailBox.jpg

Release dates:
October 27, 2009 (Windows digital)
January 5, 2010 (North American Windows retail)
April 9, 2010 (European Windows retail)
May 12, 2010 (Mac)
March 9, 2011 (Xbox 360/XBLA)
September 18, 2012 (Linux)
Platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux, Xbox 360 (Xbox Live Arcade)
Developer: Runic Games
Genre: Action RPG, hack and slash
Info:
The town of Torchlight is built upon a large mine of a mineral called Ember, which draws adventurers due to its magical properties. However, it is not long until it is learned of the corruption Ember can cause to a person. Gameplay is similar to Diablo, with point and click gameplay from an isometric perspective and randomly generated dungeons and (sometimes socketed) items, as well as various merchants and quest givers and other NPCs in town. The game has three character classes: Destroyer (melee oriented), Vanquisher (ranged oriented), and Alchemist (magic oriented). All characters also get a pet with its own inventory and slots for trinkets and spells. Also available is a bonus dungeon after the final boss is defeated, as while as the ability to pass an item down to a new character.

Development was led by Travis Baldree, the designer of Fate, and Max and Eric Schaefer, co-designers of Diablo I and II.

It's about time for a video game cool wall, even with the massive amount of them, I like this one. Unfortunately I have not played this game so I can't really grade it.

Latest Posts

Back