• Thread starter EL_ZISSOU
  • 31 comments
EL_ZISSOU
Suzuka 550pp

:13 | :43

.: GTP
duel.gif
GTRP :.

This is a friendly event between GTPlanet and our good friends over at www.GTRP.de :cheers:

The car choices for this event will be the
Clio and the RX-8 at 550pp (no less),
with any combination of R tires.

We realize that the Clio is a good bit faster than the RX-8 for most people. The idea here is to use the RX-8 if you find that you are finishing at the front most of the time, and to use the Clio otherwise- this will bring the field closer together, and allow people to race at a pace similar to those who they may not normally get a chance to compete with.

Many thanks to GTRP_Thunder__7 for helping to organize this event
anbet21.gif
anbet21.gif
anbet21.gif

Here is a link to the thread at GTRP: http://www.gtrp.de/forums/showthread.php?t=35631

suzuka_track_map_01.jpg

renaultcliov601.jpg

RX8_MAIN.jpg
Race Details:

• Mode: Online Event: Expert Class PP 550 / PRO
  • Game Spec: SpecIII
  • Physics: Professional
  • Track: Suzuka
  • Car: Clio or RX-8

Standard Clean OLR Rules:
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • The yellow line is the track boundary, any part past the yellow line (asphalt or not) is not part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind, God will strike you down with a bolt of lightning if you do
    emotion60.gif
    emotion60.gif
    emotion60.gif
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Clutch is prohibited
Race chat:
Lap times and replays:
See you on the track! :cheers:

KimJong-TeamAmerica.jpg

Last edited:
Nice event man:tup:👍
But i think that it will be full of clios:idea:

If that's what the people want, then that's how it will be, but I haven't seen that happen yet 👍

See you guys on track a little later in my white RX-8 (ha ha, I don't know if I own one or not yet) :cheers:

will be on later today. Need to find a tune for the RX8 though. Remember people, just join the fun and don't complaint!!!!

I like it!! 👍👍

As a suggestion: 💡 Since this is a "handicap" event, maybe we can get some use out of our divisional rankings... what say the guys in Div. 1 Gold and Silver be "restricted" to the RX8, and the rest us can drive the Clio? Or, make the split between rankings wherever it seems to work the best (eg. change it week to week). The unranked drivers can choose whatever, but I think it'll self-police as I don't expect that someone who knows/thinks they're fast will be tooling around in a Clio just to take easy wins. There is some pride involved. :odd:

... I know, I know, too complicated... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I like it!! 👍👍

As a suggestion: 💡 Since this is a "handicap" event, maybe we can get some use out of our divisional rankings... what say the guys in Div. 1 Gold and Silver be "restricted" to the RX8, and the rest us can drive the Clio? Or, make the split between rankings wherever it seems to work the best (eg. change it week to week). The unranked drivers can choose whatever, but I think it'll self-police as I don't expect that someone who knows/thinks they're fast will be tooling around in a Clio just to take easy wins. There is some pride involved. :odd:

WoW! It's a great idea Twisty, but yes it's too complicated.:D

I like it!! 👍👍

Ha ha ha! I really didn't want to shoot you down because I understand your intentions, so I was glad to see you decided against it yourself. :)

I think the best thing to do is to leave it up to everyone's own judgment. There may be a handful of people who choose the car others may not expect them to choose, but that's OK, and we will have better racing than we would with an open event without guidelines, since we do have some structure in place to make the racing closer based on people's discretion. :dopey:

and who will decide which GTRP member are which division? ;)

nice race EBK. 👍

i stopped now, tomorrow more. :)

and who will decide which GTRP member are which division? ;)

And, just who are you gonna race for, Rudi? :gtpflag: :sly: lol

Since there were two aspects to this event, GTP "vs" GTRP, and the "good" vs the "bad", I just thought a little extra twist might be fun, and unranked drivers could choose their "division". But, yeah, it is too complicated.

You know, I'd like to see handicapping in GT5, actual performance points that are subtracted, and that show up in the roster before the race so they can be monitored, kinda like the weight penalty the SCCA uses for some of their events, or what golfers use in "friendly" matches (and golfers take pride in their handicap). With a little stewardship I think it'd make the racing a lot closer and competitive for everyone.

But, no problem. 👍 And, what the hey, I don't have any pride, so I know what I'll be driving. :)

And, finally, why is the GTP flag BLACK?? Hmmm....

Last edited:
TwistyBits man, you are certainly in rare form today slimJim.

LOL... I suppose so. I'm just being a bit flip. I guess I should make it clear that I think this'll be a fun event! And, more and more, I'm enjoying the people I race with. Even though the interest in GT5P is clearly falling off, the caliber of the racing just keeps getting better, even with the unbadged "aliens". I do like this simulation for a lot of reasons (even beyond my interest in motor sports), and certainly do appreciate the effort of a goodly number of people to make it even more fun and interesting. 👍👍 ~Eric

Last edited:
Man this is one of those week that I have to really, really work. Closing out week for the month is always busy. Will be on a little after 5pm Eastern US time today though. Hope to see a full grid!!!

Man this is one of those week that I have to really, really work. Closing out week for the month is always busy. Will be on a little after 5pm Eastern US time today though. Hope to see a full grid!!!

You (and EZ) lit the fire, now come and feel the heat. :) Great grid this last race: sdef8, RIP_Welsh_Don, Rooster722, GTRP_Thunder__7, jpro01, GTNDC_HoneyCar, and more...

Last edited:
Some great racin' out here! Strangely enough though, very few Clio's! I've been outnumbered and bullied by all the RX8's, but I do need the Clio to keep up! Good line-up and some great racin' with the people GTP_TwistyBits mentioned above. Looking forward to more close action!

That isn't supposed to ...

... oh never mind.

👍

:D OMG!!!! That is a helluva a lap man. All I can muster up with EERS4YEARS gearing and modified chunkeeMunkees suspension is 2'15.584. Helluva lap bruddah!!

Wow, all I can get is high 15's with a draft. I know my gearing is fooked, I can't seem to nail it down. The extra low torque on this thing has me stumped. Anyone care to share their gear setup to help a brotha out?

Thanks guys, Clacksman's tune for this one is very nice. Is anyone still running this event? I tried joining a few yesterday afternoon and kept seeing grids of 4 or 5 cars, most not participating in this race. :(

Hi Guys!

Upfront before anyone wonders what's wrong with me: I am posting this exact message in all threads dealing with racing 550PP RWD Professional at Suzuka.

Reason being: looking at how much (next to zippo) is happening in my own little event from way back then (512bb one-make) and reading into the other threads I get the feeling there is not hell of lot going on anywhere really...

So why don't we throw all events together so-to-say? At least that way we get a nice crowd together and the original idea of online racing (having fun with a good bunch of people) may be restored? Thanks to PD letting us all die a slow death the vibe has understandably run down quiet a bit, maybe it can be revived a bit.

These would be the events involved:

- Expert PP550/RWD Suzuka 10laps (World Event) xx:00 / xx:30 (ripping_silk)

- GTP vs. GTRP | World Event | Suzuka 550PP 10 laps | Clio vs. RX-8 | xx:13 / :43 (EL_ZISSOU)

- 550pp Suzuka RWD / S-tires only @ :20 & :50 (R1600Turbo)

- 512BB '76 One-Make-Event - Suzi 550 RWD - xx:22 / :52 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Ren831)

- Feed Your NSX Drive!! - Suzuka 550PP [WE] - xx:05 / :25 / :45 ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page) (Synwraith)

I am aware this undermines the initial idea behind some of the events (e.g. racing a specific car), but I'd rather get whipped by stronger cars in a full grid than running a one-make alone....
Maybe commonizing the starting times would create some interesting fun....

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Had a couple of great races with GTNDC-Honeycar this afternoon, so there is some activity with this event. And, I agree with Ren831, it probably makes sense to collapse all the Suzuka 550PP events to a single set of times.

I think this event is dead.
I've tried several times but i haven't found anyone one!!
Only yesterday i saw twistybits:sly:

What the hell happened people???? Got on last night with Jpro and that was it!!!!:yuck: COME JOIN THE FUN FOLKS!

What the hell happened people???? Got on last night with Jpro and that was it!!!!:yuck: COME JOIN THE FUN FOLKS!

... as discussed :(

It's not like a crowd jumped out of the bush yelling "yo-hey, idea of the year" but this tells me again putting together one fat event for Suzi 550 is the way to go.....

Back