GTP vs. Wham - RIP George Michael

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daniel
  • 1,229 comments
  • 73,817 views
Last Christmas at 20 in the UK chart.
I turned on at around 17 (after checking the Radio 1 website and seeing they'd already played it)
 
Mariah at 8 with the Pouges at 24
 
It's impossible not to hear this song, anywhere you go..... Watch, go to a Satanist cult meeting, and you'll be whamm'd
 
SITREP:

Noel currently playing. Still no Wham. I don't know when it'll happen.Food running short. Drinking water gone. I don't know how much longer I'll last...
 
I'm out.

I decided I wanted to go to the restroom in warmth so I drove to the gas station that was by the house I was working on (it was extremely cold outside). After I finished I decided to get something to drink and while walking to the register it hit me like a two ton heavy thing. :(

@Daniel @TB
 
I walk into Duane Reade today to do a little (a lot) of shopping and what do I hear on the radio? Last Christmas. I wanted to curse so 🤬 loudly I probably would have been kicked out of the store and been banned for life.

Luckily, I held it in and as a reward for my enduring the song until the end, it was a cover.

Not today, George. Not today. :lol:
 
I endured 2 hours of radio today with no whamming it was radio or 2 hours of silence (my dad likes to look out the window in the car and say nothing) had to mute an xmas advent could not take that risk lol. This year is going very well for me
 
@Daniel

I'm gone.

Mrs Shaun conveniently turned up the TV while asking isn't this the song that........

Well yes it was indeed, after years of being assisted by the family ot seems this is the year I was turned on by the family.
 
@Daniel

I'm gone.

Mrs Shaun conveniently turned up the TV while asking isn't this the song that........

Well yes it was indeed, after years of being assisted by the family ot seems this is the year I was turned on by the family.

Can't she just let you die in peace? :lol:
 
Pretty good for me so far. I'm mainly just preparing for Jordan's Whammsacre. If I survive that, I should be alright to win :).
 
TB
Phrasing!

Yeah I noticed that prior to posting while reading it back to myself and thought bugger it. :lol:
 
@Daniel

I'm gone.

Mrs Shaun conveniently turned up the TV while asking isn't this the song that........

Well yes it was indeed, after years of being assisted by the family ot seems this is the year I was turned on by the family.

You know, I'm really starting to wonder where the phrase "better half" came from.
 
You know, I'm really starting to wonder where the phrase "better half" came from.

The women usually gets the "better half" in a divorce. Not sure if it has anything to do with the saying though. :lol:
 
Had the closest call yesterday. I was in lovely Urbino...

urbino-tramonto1.jpg


...and speakers strategically installed in the town square (all kitted up for the festivities) start blaring what else but Last Christmas?

Thankfully, the municipality is too cheap to afford the rights to the original version by Wham!... A cover it was. Phew. Despair was already gripping my heart when I realized the singer wasn't even remotedly in George Michael's impressive vocal ballpark.
 
I just got Whammed again in the pub while doing the "12 Pubs of Christmas". I was only 3 pubs in. :(
 
@Daniel

Annnnnnd... i got whammed :(... there goes my streak...


*gets home from work*
*goes see how parents and sister doing*
*they are good*
*watching the movie "Love Actually"*
*i sit down*
*wham'd*
*walks back to my room in disappointment*
 
Last edited:
Cover Wham!'d at the mall while shopping.
 
I misplaced a hat a couple of weeks ago & on Friday I found out I'd left it at somebody's house. We arranged to go for a pint & he would bring it with him.
I set off sans chapeau, as I would be reunited with a favourite headpiece soon enough.

I arrived at the pub first. There was a group of people wearing Christmas jumpers, singing along loudly to the Christmas songs which were playing. I sat outside where it was fairly peaceful, if a little cold without a hat.

My mate was on his way, a 10 minute walk from his house, I was informed of every song by the drunken chorus gently carrying each one through the front door, windows and facade.
Mild disaster struck, text message: "I forgot your hat, been back for it, setting off again now."

Before much longer, the vociferous throng began to shout George's words as melodically as they could. When the doorman gracefully pulled his handle to grant entry for some new arrivals I heard a few notes of the recording.

Ear poison. My 4th dose since signing up if I've remembered the count accurately.

We went on to visit every pub in the area so it was ultimately worth it even though the scars of another whamming remain.
 
With 13 days left, the end is in sight and this has been one hell of a stroll in the park. Not worried about Jordan's usual Wham-massacre as I cannot see how he can top his last two attempts, both times surviving. So I think I'm safe.
 
Spent two hours in town. No wham. In fact, only heard one xmas song. Was weird given how close it is.
 
Being Whammed right now... Worst trip to uni ever :(. Luckly the girl driving talks so loud I can't barely hear George. 2016 can't be any worse.

Portuguese still in: avoid RFM radio

@Daniel @TB
 
Last edited:
What will @Jordan think of for this year's Whammassacre...?
 
Probably something on Christmas Eve or right before New Year's
 
Back