GTP WRS-Online : Event 102 : Corvette Tribute - August 21

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 76 comments
Been quite distracted of late and I'm not sure if I have the car. I'll sign up now but may need the car sent to me. I won't have a chance to check for a number of hours yet.

Will send mine to you now.

Short shift it down to 3k and it will treat you nicely. :D

Oil's already changed, and only 450miles on the clock.

--
EDIT: Sent/duped. If you make the NA race, I expect some payback. :mischievous::lol:

--

I will need help sweet talking my wife for the NA time slot. :sly: Anybody know any poetry? :lol:
You can probably guess that poetry is not my strong suit.
For me, it's the post-debauchery foot-rub.
What's that Samuel Jackson line from Pulp Fiction? Oh yeah:

"I'm the foot flippin' master!" 👍

Last edited:
I'm not going to make it guys, and I'm gutted. Work is just killing me at the moment. Haven't sat at my PS3 since Sunday evening. Not sure who I was kidding, but I'm sorry to pull out so late

Jon :(

Shucks, Jon. :( We'll get you one of these days. I've moved you to reserve, but in the future could you update your status yourself via the sign-up form? ;)

Nice to see JTV jumping in for this one...I'm about 85% sure I can make the NA, and should have a better estimate about 3hrs before the race.

Saw Caine in practice yesterday, you able to say whether your gunna make it yet? Still only at 5 confirmed for EU.

If anyone is able to send me this car..I'll be happy to make up the numbers!

If anyone is able to send me this car..I'll be happy to make up the numbers!

Don't have the car... didn't you run the TT?

Ah, maybe you ran it with a borrowed car?

PS> I'll probably join as well... not 100% as it depends on something at work.

Yeah it was a shared car, can't run online with it can you.. mj has sorted me out anyways! 👍

I wanted to run a few things, so I have opened the lounge already for the EU race (Main lounge).

I'm now AFK whilst I get some dinner, but I'll be back again in about an hour.

I won't change my status for the NA race, but the probability I'll make it should be quite good.

I'm going to run the EU race... still very tentative for NA.

Ok, Im back now, as I mentioned room is open for EU, I already see Tim in here 👍

Sorry guys, have to cancel for tonight. Just too many other things to do. Good luck 👍!

Congratz to Bandit on the win from pole position:

event102_res_eu.png

Bart did make you work for it. I'm the only one that worked out his pit crew.

I'm confirmed for tonight also.. A little highlight video from the EU race to wet your appetite:

Congrats to Bandit and Bart for being neck-and-neck for the lead for the whole race 👍

I learned the hard way today that at least with grip reduction set to real and tyre wear turned on, running off track makes the tyres dirty and the grip level really suffers. About halfway through the race I ran off wide in turn 9 (just after the corkscrew); the grip loss made me run off again in turn 10, which finally caused me to understeer massively going into the final turn and let Caine get past me. I was so furious I bashed the wheel and the PS menu popped up, losing me even more time. :mad: I probably lost around 7 seconds in total.

Sadly I won't be able to make the NA race, I have to be up fairly early in the morning. :(

Good race everyone. Was a fun race, sad you DC'd there Jon, was really enjoying the battle, but good fun until then. You as well at the start there Tim, just got really annoyed at myself when I mucked up right at the end when you caught me, but fun no less. Looking forward to next week.

Have fun for the NA race guys :gtpflag:

Congrats to Bandit and Bart for being neck-and-neck for the lead for the whole race 👍

I learned the hard way today that at least with grip reduction set to real and tyre wear turned on, running off track makes the tyres dirty and the grip level really suffers.

Cheers, it was really fun! Bad luck there! I ran off on the penultimate corner and this caused me to run wide and allow Bart past on lap 10, I lost about 2 seconds from it, but thankfully I was able to catch up in the next lap and get back in the lead! :sly:

Hopefully I'll get some company in the 1-stop category tonight in the NA race. I think it was faster in terms of pure pace to do a stop, although fairly close, but risky in terms of traffic. I was surprised nobody else did it... in fact, if I had known I wouldn't have done a stop and would have chosen to stick with oink and JTV just for the extended close battles. At the time I just thought I was pitting a lap early and they were going to come in the next lap. :dunce:

Nobody sent me the "DON'T PIT" notice. :lol:

Hopefully I'll get some company in the 1-stop category tonight in the NA race. I think it was faster in terms of pure pace to do a stop, although fairly close, but risky in terms of traffic. I was surprised nobody else did it... in fact, if I had known I wouldn't have done a stop and would have chosen to stick with oink and JTV just for the extended close battles. At the time I just thought I was pitting a lap early and they were going to come in the next lap. :dunce:

Nobody sent me the "DON'T PIT" notice. :lol:

You didn't get my message? Ahh, what do I pay those pit crew for...Apparently standing around all race without having to do anything!

Nice win Bart. Lucas will post the full results later, but your times were within about a second so no-stop vs 1 was just about a wash even with traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good, I was worried when I saw most people no-stopping in the EU race that the no-stop dominated.
But it looks like we came up with a great way to pick either strategy and make it work.
Just don't get behind Kevin. :boggled: He makes lap 22 tires go as fast as 7-laps-old tires. :lol:

Congrats Bart, and thanks for joining us in the wee hours for you. :cheers:

I was really glad both races were official, we were looking light till the last-second. 👍

event102NAresults_zpsb25a3410.png

event102CombinedResults_zps040095fe.png

--
My race was awesome. Stuck with Bart for all of 1 lap. Then towed Tim around for a few.
Then lost him and was stuck in robot-like high-48's/low-49's until mid-race, when I decided to pit to
make it interesting (I knew I'd need to battle past Kev and Pekka, who are both great fun to race around:tup:).
Kev went a little wide in turn 5 at the bottom of the hill, and I took the inside, and then we gambled on going through turn 6 side-by-side:ill:,
but he smartly let me take the slow route, and passed me back on the way up to the cork. 👍 Good times. :)

Then it was another robot stint to try to catch Tim, who was no-stopping.
If it weren't for his going wide prior to the last turn on the next-to-last lap, he might have had me.
He was defending like his life depended on it. 👍

Great combo Kev! :cheers:

Back