img.php

North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern | 7:00 PM Pacific | 2:00 AM GMT | Check Local

img.php

Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03 @ Deep Forest Raceway

car_trial_celica_ssii_zzt231_03.jpg
track_deep_forest.jpg

Stewards Notes
It's been said that this is the best FF in the game. Let's prove it.

The Trial Celica is a standard model and not in the current OCD, but it can be traded. If you don't have it without engine stages or weight reductions you can request one to be sent to you. The admins have been building a stock the last couple days.

DeepForestRaceway_11copy_zps1e7a8a48.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event104_reg.png

Register

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 32 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Delaying or Restarting Race Start

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will only be restarted in these cases:
  • Multiple drivers report a black screen/hang, instead of the 3-2-1 countdown.
  • One or more drivers get disconnected before race-pace has begun ("GO" for grid-starts, end of formation lap for rolling starts).
  • Steward realizes there is a condition that would lead to an unfair or poor race experience.

Once the race countdown timer has started, the race will explicitly NOT be restarted for:
  • Latecomers, even if you've registered
  • Driver realizes he picked the wrong car parts (ie, tires) or driving options (ie, Auto tranny)

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)
  • Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 19:00 GMT
  • NA: Tuesdays @ 7:00 PM Eastern | 4:00 PM Pacific | 23:00 GMT
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice approximately 1 hour prior to the official start of each event.

Course & Car Settings
  • Track: Deep Forest Raceway
  • Car: Trial Celica SS-II (ZZT231) '03
  • Power: 294 HP (Stock w/oil change and full break-in)
  • Weight: 1140 kg (Stock)
  • Weight Reductions: Not Allowed
  • Engine Modifications: Not Allowed
  • Intake Modifications: Not Available
  • Exhaust Modifications: Titanium Racing Exhaust allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Supercharger not allowed
  • Drivetrain Modifications: LSD allowed
  • Transmission: Fully custom allowed
  • Suspension: Fully Adjustable Suspension allowed
  • Aero: Max is allowed
  • Example Tunes: Vagabond (offline TT)

Qualification Procedures
  • Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Length: Single out-lap and 2 timed hot-laps.
  • Groups: Group qualifying will be used if the grid size is large enough to warrant in order to avoid traffic during qualification.
  • Notes: Drivers not in the lounge by the time the first driver has entered the track after reset will not be allowed to qualify. They are welcome to join the race, but will start at the back of the grid. If we are running multiple qualification groups and the driver enters before the last group has entered track an exception will be made.

Event Settings
  • Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 38 (+ 1 Formation Lap)
  • Start Type: Staggered Formation Lap with Rolling Start (see below)
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: 180sec
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Disable Collisions: Off
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Fast
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real

Regulation Settings
  • Car Restrictions: Unrestricted (see above for specific car specs)
  • Performance Points: 478 PP
  • Power: 295 HP
  • Weight: 1140 KG
  • Drivetrain: FF
  • Tire Restrictions: Sports Hard (S1)
  • Vehicle Tuning: Allowed
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Formation Lap
  • A steward will exit track, view the live timing monitor and announce the order after qualification while all drivers remain on track.
  • All drivers should exit track after the order is announced and enter the pits. When all drivers are in the pits a steward will start the race.
  • After the system places you on the grid drivers should proceed into stagger formation in order.
  • Pole sitter will choose his/her preferred side of the track.
  • There should be no overlap between cars in the staggered formation.
  • Speed limit on formation lap is 50 mph / 80 km/h and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.
  • Weaving or other tire warming procedures are NOT allowed during the formation lap.
  • Pole sitter will exit the last corner and take care to give enough time to allow all cars behind to safely exit the final corner.
  • Start marker for Deep Forest is the start/finish line.
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.
  • Be cautious and courteous in the first turn. Dive bombing will be penalized and will not be tolerated.

Pit Entry and Exit Guidelines
  • Pits are open and stops are optional, but may be required to complete the race based on fuel consumption and/or tire wear.
  • Drivers are responsible for determining their fuel consumption, tire wear and ultimate pit strategy. Discussion of this strategy in the thread is encouraged but not required.
  • Be aware that when "Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption" is set to "Fast" or "Very Fast" that the system's fuel add recommendations will be wrong. In this case you need to do your own testing and calculations prior to the race to ensure you add the proper amount of fuel to make it to the end of the race.
  • On exit from the pits stay to the pit exit side (usually right side) of the white line if there is oncoming traffic.
  • On both pit entry and exit, traffic not entering/exiting the pits must stay to track side (usually left side) of the white lines and are not allowed on the pit entry/exit except to avoid collisions. Drivers cannot follow another driver entering the pits into this area to draft and cannot drive into the area to avoid being drafted if they are not pitting.
  • Remember, traffic on course has the right of way after the white line ends. Drivers that cross the line in either direction are responsible for any incidents that occur.

Track Boundary Guidelines
Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which include 15 seconds for a "minor" pattern of abuse, 30 seconds for a "substantial" pattern of abuse, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries. In cases where penalties may not impact the driver (e.g. DC), the penalty may be carried over to the next event and may be applied as a 5 (minor) or 10 (major) grid spot penalty.

It's up to the admins' discretion exactly what qualifies as "minor", "substantial" or "complete disregard". Going outside the rumble by a centimeter isn't as serious as a car length wide excursions into the run off area. Factors such as dirty air and traffic also come into play. If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.​

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track including green painted concrete.

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:
  • Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to kick out or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are kicked out of the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • No hybrids - if you're caught using a hybrid or attempting to enter a hybrid onto the track during an official event you will be banned from all future 3D3 Racing events.
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

DeepForestRaceway_19copy_zpsff25ca05.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesracehighlights.png

It's what I get for running wide in the previous corner. *Luckily Patrick just laughed and sailed on.

Last edited:
Got thursday off next week currently, so in again for both races!

I am also in for both races!!!!!! I may have an issue with The E/U time slot but will update my status later.

Al

This car actually feels better online with gas in the tank than it does in the offline TT. A little easier to take some of the understeery fast turns. 👍

Best part is that you don't have to worry about getting red lapped when you take the concrete part before the 1st tunnel in a legal fashion.

Last edited:
Ahh perfect. Had one on my main account, thought it might have had loads of miles. Sitting at 200 miles. Perfect! No break-in needed, but not too old :D

PS. With that, I'm headed the the main lounge for some practice.

Last edited:
EU looks awfully empty sorry guys pc is coming tomorrow so i'll be having fun putting that thing together and installing it.

Ok, I'm trying to get into GT5 but network is horrid tonight, its taken near 15 minutes to get onto GT5 and signed in. Should be in shortly now though.

Edit: Hmm, getting connection lost errors with GT servers. Has anyone made it into a lobby?

Edit 2: No in, after several tries :D And then booted :(

I just can't sign in or stay signed in, or get onto GT5 servers for more than about 10 seconds. Ill be back in about 45 minutes or so and will attempt to get back into the lobby for some much needed practice. Hoping it might be a bit better then.

Last edited:
I can't make it till 9:30pm PT or a little afterward. I am curious what you guys find out about the draft, but I have a pretty good idea on tire wear and fuel (2.8L/lap). I believe the choices are 1 stop or 2 stops, and only need 10-15L added at the very most.

I can't make it till 9:30pm PT or a little afterward. I am curious what you guys find out about the draft, but I have a pretty good idea on tire wear and fuel (2.8L/lap). I believe the choices are 1 stop or 2 stops, and only need 10-15L added at the very most.

Maybe I can join you then. I used 34 litres on 13 laps (which is about what you figured) . Lefty had to leave almost as soon as I got there, so we did no drafting. I ran about .8 slower than TT on my fastest lap. By lap 10 I was running almost a second slower, although I don't think I ran a perfect lap near the end.

I'll try to give you a better estimate in a couple hours. Isn't 9:30pm PT past midnight for you? :P

I'm gonna have to cancel on the EU race. The NA is a maybe.

I never made it to the lounge, was breaking in a Mk IV by hand. :crazy:

We need some people to step up and make the EU race official. Only 3 signed up.

NA race looks good, and I'm still on reserve but looking like 90%. 👍

I didn't get any practice yesterday so I am going at this cold... I will try to be in the lobby early.

Al

I didn't get any practice yesterday so I am going at this cold... I will try to be in the lobby early.

Al

Don't worry Al. Between PSN/GT servers being awful for me yesterday, and the last couple days not finding time, I'm as close to cold as can be :)

PS. @EU racers > What do we want to do, if there are only 4 of us at race time, are we going to run the whole race anyway for fun/practice for NA race sorta thing, or are you not interested in racing unless we can get a proper grid?

Indeed! Coming on in now.

Not going to be streaming either race tonight just fyi.

We are just 1 short of an official race! Anyone out there fancy racing and making this thing official?

Edit: Well, we shall race just the 5!

Last edited:
Here's my quick setup:

Max DF

gears , (first final gear to 6.000 then max speed slider all the way to left)

F4.175

LSD 8/22/16

suspension

-15/0
20.0/7.5
1/1
1/2
7/1

2.1/0.0
-0.15/-1.00

brakes 0/3 abs3

Sports soft tyres