GTP WRS-Online : Event 109 : S2000? S2013! - October 9

Jar is eating a 5min dinner, and doodle just signed on. About to get sideways, methinks.

Andrew is fast. :ill: He said he only has a half-day tomorrow, so may make the EU race as well. 👍

Thanks for the practice, I'm off to study your lines.

In a 6 lap race he beat me by 8+sec, even with me cutting the chicane horribly:lol:

Andrew is fast. :ill: He said he only has a half-day tomorrow, so may make the EU race as well. 👍

I'm signed up as a reserve for the EU race now because I may or may not have to pick up my sister from school at that time.

Thanks for the practice, I'm off to study your lines.

Hope you studied hard Lucas, the test is today! :sly:

In a 6 lap race he beat me by 8+sec, even with me cutting the chicane horribly:lol:

So that's what you were doing back there? :lol:

I'm in the mood for a race tonight, but have had 0 practice at this combo, don't even own the car yet :lol: now about to get it + let bob break it in while I have dinner

I'm in the mood for a race tonight, but have had 0 practice at this combo, don't even own the car yet :lol: now about to get it + let bob break it in while I have dinner

I was actually contemplating on joining this race because of my lack of practice and having to buy and raise an underpowered car today. I settled on the decision that I would spectate this race (I always wanted to see a professionally organized race on this track). But I think Tim just being in the mood to race while being in the same position as me just motivates me enough to join for the fun of it.

The thing with me, if I've had practice I push myself harder and get frustrated when I make mistakes in the race (take Monza -- on paper it was my race to lose... and I did :lol:)

I have no expectations for this race, but I know it will be fun and fair so makes it easier to just turn up and race.. something you can't seem to do in public lobbies these days

can't log into psn at the moment will keep trying though will see i'll let you guys know if i don't get in before the race.

I can confirm now that I cannot make the EU race. I guess I'll be looking forward to tonight's NA race! :D

The main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) is open for pre-race practice.

3 of us in the lounge currently.

We need 3 more drivers for an official race!

EDIT race has started.

Last edited:
Hi Guys ,

I had to cancel my attendance tonight as my Boss gave me some homework to do ... FFS . Hopefully make the next one ...

Peace

Well, wasn't the most exciting race, but still fun! Wish I had time to do the TT last week, instead had to work it out during the race but couldn't risk losing too much time :lol: managed to reach my target lap-time in the race, and lead for a short while so can't complain. Enjoy NA guys

The main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) is open for pre-race practice.

Great racing guys! :cheers:

Androodle, nice of you to introduce some artificial pit delays into your race to make the win more exciting. :D
I like to think I cost you at least a couple seconds. But that's what happens when fast guys end up behind me.
Very nice win. 👍

Big thanks and congrats to Pekka, for running the race, and running the race... You fast. :eek:

I think it was Kev who let out some expletives over the mic when he saw I'd shown up late and just barely and quali'd in front of him.
I knew it wouldn't last, as you are one of the few Kings of the (Autumn) 'Ring. 👍

event109NAresults_zpse5c6329b.png

Thanks Jon and Jared for some great laps, you both deserved to finish ahead of me.

Nice seeing Daniel go for the 1 stop. 👍 Bravery.

Nice seeing Daniel go for the 1 stop. 👍 Bravery.

That was the only way I would get to see you in my mirrors again for a 4th week in a row :D

Short race report to follow tomorrow. I had fun 👍

I think it was Kev who let out some expletives over the mic when he saw I'd shown up late and just barely and quali'd in front of him.
I knew it wouldn't last, as you are one of the few Kings of the (Autumn) 'Ring. 👍
Yeah, been having mic issues, and had to go back to the old trusty USB wired mic. Forgot that I had it just sitting on the floor. :lol:

It wasn't just that you'd gotten by, but you and Pekka. Was focused on a podium, and starting fourth was the back foot. And I lost about half a second on my quali compared to what I was doing in simulated quali in practice. I think getting disconnected from lobby right before quali started rattled me a bit.

I was fortunate to be comfortable with the car on cold tires. That's not always he case, but on a slippy combo like this one, you always have to be ready for the car to step out. Your were gracious in giving me room on the front straight at the end of the first/start of second lap.

After that, I was cutting consistent laps, starting with high 31's, moving to low 32's. Then on around lap 9 or 10, the car did something crazy going into the last right sweeper of T3 before the final turn complex. I had my trail braking and throttle input for that turn down just right, but that lap was a tire "cliff" of sorts, and I put the car into a tank slapper and lost about 10 seconds. Was fortunate to stay ahead of you and Jon.

After that, I changed Brake Balance to 2/2 for the back half of the stint, and did the same in my second stint - lesson learned.

Managed to keep the car in check until lap 18 for my one an only stop. Took 58 liters of fuel, and then came out in 10th. I had to pass Joe and Dale on lap 24, lost maybe 1 second on that lap, nothing that had me too worried. They were both clean and aware as always. I think I gave Dale a little rear end tap at one point. Nothing intentional, just helping you find the throttle point out of that corner. ;)

After that, the next cars I saw were at the end of the second pit cycle for the 2 stop cars. Pekka came out a car length in front of me. Doodle came out several seconds behind me.

I sort of hung with Pekka on my 12 lap old tires for 1 or 2 laps. But then my times started to drop into the mid to high 32's. By end of race, I was running high 33's/low 34's.

Was quite worried about holding off Jon, I knew if he got me in sight, he would have me. I was too worried about watching the HUD and trying to determine the gap, but for the last 2 laps, I just put my head down and worked to hit my marks, while dragging some extra brake to keep the back end in check. As I recall, I ran 33.5's on each of the final 2 laps. I know I had consecutive 33.5's on very old tires. Those were good laps as compared to my first stint, where I think I had at least one 35.

Good race tonight, a podium has been a long time coming for me, and appropriate that I was able to manage another here at Autumn Ring. Definitely one of my favorite tracks, going back to the GT4 WRS days. And the S2000 on N3's was an absolute favorite from that combo Jerry picked back in week 143 of GT4. Good times. :D

I qualified 8th out of 11, which was a bit better than I had expected. I was able to maintain that position for a few laps, and even pass Lefty at the end of the 6th lap when he had an off, but Revoy had been putting the pressure on for a few laps by then. I lost control one or two laps after that and ended up last. I then decided on a one stop strategy (I hadn't started the race with a clear strategy, but I was almost sure just before then I was gonna make two).

I was 3rd by lap 15. One or two laps before my stop, I let doodle pass me without a fight, thinking he was lapping me... but my tires weren't in good enough shape to battle at that point, anyways. Not that it would have mattered, I'm sure. Didn't put much of a fight for Lucas either!

So I pitted at the end of the 17th lap and rejoined in last place. At the start of lap 24, I was 8th due to other racers' pit stops. But Revoy was very close behind me once again! He made a nice pass at turn one at the start of lap 26, but I was still in 8th because Joe pitted then. Ended up 7th a lap later when Dale pitted... and there's no reason I couldn't have ended the race that way... but I then started making little mistakes here and there, partly because of the tires, and partly because of lack of concentration, I think. So Jared was soon past me, but I stayed close for a few fun laps and was unable to take advantage of a few mistakes he made, because of my own made at almost the same time as his!

Lefty and Joe were closing in on us in the meantime, and a few mistakes later, Lefty passed me 4 laps before the end. Jo and I hanged out together until the end, trading places a couple of times. He passed me a final time on the very last lap, when I almost lost control of the car in the "slalom" part of the track...

I found the race most interesting, it was exciting to gain those four positions because of my strategy, even though I lost three afterwards (at least it was the result of fun, clean, battles!).

I then started making little mistakes here and there, partly because of the tires, and partly because of lack of concentration, I think

That's the most challenging thing about these races, you have to concentrate so much near the end of a run as the handling deteriorates. These races are fantastic for long duration pressure training.

I'm always at my whits end at the finish of these races, great fun 👍

Took some pics, but only up to the point where Kev passed me. :dunce: So these are only from race lap 1 and beginning of 2.

AutumnRing_10_zps548b7098.jpg

AutumnRing_11_zps4e67da5f.jpg

AutumnRing_12_zps748bdd9e.jpg

AutumnRing_13_zps28d9e57b.jpg

Ever-body get sliiiiiiideways now
AutumnRing_14_zpsb4c20e68.jpg

Look at Kev CHARGE THAT APEX!:eek:
AutumnRing_16_zpsf98288f8.jpg

AutumnRing_17_zpsbca241b9.jpg

Over-under?
AutumnRing_18_zpsfd3dbdad.jpg

Good luck, Kev! I'll just go ahead and keep things safe and sane back here for a while!:)
AutumnRing_19_zps094389df.jpg

Back