GTP WRS-Online : Event 110 : Evolutionary Theory - October 16

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 61 comments
I'll see if you're still there in about 15min.

EDIT: I'm in, but you're already gone. Probably stay here 30min unless someone else joins.

Nope, wouldn't let me in, it hung after the loading bar got to 100%. I'm going to send Dano the car before I forget, then maybe try again.

Last edited:
OK, now I'm in. Car sent to GTP_Dano20. You're welcome (late). :P

EDIT: Out now.

Last edited:
GTP_Glen... you need to fill out the 3D3 Driver Registration form in order to be recognized by the registration system... and you need to send the FR to the lounges... per the instructions in the registration post of this thread.

Tuesdaymops... you need to send a FR to the lounges. You were removed a while ago for inactivity as we hit the limit on number of friends.

EDIT: Quick work mops... got you added already. 👍

Gotcha!👍

I have to go reserve for the EU time slot. All depends if I can get home in time.

Al

I'm very unlikely to make the NA, but I'll stay signed up reserve for now. Should be able to give an update about an hour before it starts.

I'm around today so I'll check in w/ the EU race in case you need another dead body :)

Def be there to practice 1 hr ahead 👍 to see if I'm fast enough to enter the NA later

The main lounge is open now. Numbers are looking good this week 👍

Got a car at max power , in case anyone needs one.

And a setup from tuesday practice:

324 bhp / 1080kg (519pp)

DF 15/35

Transmission
First move final gear to 3.000 and
then max speed slider to 260 km/h (~161-162 mph) and then set the gears as follows:

F3.000

Torque split 45/55

LSD
5/8
30/30
40/18

Suspension
45/-25
15.0/12.0
2/5
2/1
7/1

2.0/1.3
-0.25/-0.50

Brakes 2/5 (ABS3)

Sports Soft / Sports Medium tyres

anyone able to accept GTP_Glen 's FR on 3d3, also apparently the registration form won't accept him either, he's filled it out twice now.

We never received his qualifier replays, so haven't accepted the FR.

My car should be ready in 5 minutes, going for an oil change and then joining the lounge.

We never received his qualifier replays, so haven't accepted the FR.

yeah, the problem was my ps3 wouldnt accept my cheap flashdrive :grumpy:..so i'd messaged edk with a link to my replays..and i got a row :banghead: .. my fault and i apologize. it was written in black and white and i missed it. I will get a new flashdrive and get the replays to you guys asap. sorry again for all the inconveniance.. :bowdown: :gtpflag:

Well thanks for that explanation Glen. 👍 Technical difficulties are valid, but in the PM to EDK you made it sound like it was too hard or too complicated. Now things make sense. We'll have to ask you to not race until we can verify those replays. You're welcome to spectate this race.

Well thanks for that explanation Glen. 👍 Technical difficulties are valid, but in the PM to EDK you made it sound like it was too hard or too complicated. Now things make sense. We'll have to ask you to not race until we can verify those replays. You're welcome to spectate this race.

👍👍

Results for EU race:

LD9QATt.png

Congratulations Pekka good win and podiums Bart and Tim.

I nearly hung on long enough, but just not quite. My pace was clearly not quite as good as you guys though, so I'm more than happy with being just 5 seconds back from 3rd :)

I'm excited for the NA race tonight. I'll be joining the lounge hopefully 15 minutes before start time.

Unfortunately I can't race either. Good luck to you all and have fun.

Ahh that's a shame both of you. I'm gunna stream this one I think so if you want, you can watch that :D

Al already has the main lounge open to so feel free to join. I'm gunna be afk for 15 minutes or so.

Edit: Available for replay.

Last edited:
We are about to kick off quali, so if you plan on joining, be very quick!

Sorry for late notice but I got pla s show up and I won't be making it sorry guys

Ended up 7th and 4th today (:
Made more costly errors in the first race when there were no distractions but made less errors in the second race when there were a handful of obstructive disturbances in the home. Irony eh?
All in all, great racing today everyone. I'm still ecstatic about my first pole position in qualifying.

Well, the NA race was relatively disastrous for me, compared to the EU race. On lap 4 of the race, at the exit of the tunnel, my screen went totally dark for 2 or 3 seconds. I'm not one of those people who are so good they could go round the track blindfolded! This happened after I passed Patrick at the beginning of the lap, too, so went from 5th to last very quickly... I also goofed up on cold tires after my first pit stop, so that didn't help either...

I had fun in both races, though, enjoyed a few battles with clean racers, which is always exciting 👍

Results from the NA race:

SVADIQn.png

Congratulations Andrew for the win, and Pekka for the other podium.

My pace in this one was enough to win EU! :D Anyways, was bummed after I made a single mistake all race, costing me 5 seconds. Went into the beach at turn 1. With that extra 5 seconds, I might have been able to hold of Andrew until...maybe lap 47, but I think either way, I wouldn't have held out for long enough! Good pace Andrew 👍

Don't know why so few people attempted the 1 stop. I'm fairly positive it was faster today.

That was a really fun race for me. Lefty and I must have swapped positions 10 times and were side by side for much of the race. I had a slight bobble on the next to last lap, and Lefty took advantage of it. I really enjoyed the race tonight.

I used my time trial setup, which was a bit extreme. It was mainly for speed, and not tire wear, so I didn't want to deal with very worn down tires and went for the 2 stopper. Well done Paul and Pekka for getting on the podium. :)

This was a rather great night, I quailed 7th and finished 5th but the action between the two was the best. Patric was close enough to me most of the race that I was able to see my driving from his car, what a rush. It's just so cool seeing what your hard work looks like from the guy who is trying to catch youz point of view and that wasn't always the case. We traded positions a ridiculous amount of times, it was back and forth the last ten laps. What a race.

I used my time trial setup

Same here, I was smack bang in-between a 2 + 3 stop based on tyre wear, but as some were 1 stopping it forced me to do a 2 stop because their pace just didn't drop enough.

Was a very good race for me, some very good battles with Paul + Bart, and had fun fighting my way through the pack in the opening laps. If only I had started near the front I might have had my 1st win :lol:

Well done Pekka for a great ironman performance, and Bart for your arrive + drive podium! One positive, overall fastest lap :) can't grumble at that

Back