GTP WRS-Online : Event 112 : Super-Cali-Fuji-Listic - October 30

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 49 comments
Thankyou very much Manu and Daniel for trying to make today an official race. We appreciated your efforts and sorry for the darn connection issues.

Al

Double post! Sorry...

Main lounge is open for NA race. I wiil be away from PS3 for a bit.

Al, Lefty, Kev, and myself so far. 2 more needed for an official race.

I tried to join, but it tells me "The network is offline" :ouch:

Edit: Restarted the game, and I was then able to join, but saw that you already had 7 guys in there, with the race probably already under way. Glad you got enough racers!

Last edited:
I don't see any of the lobbies open.

The 3D3 lobbies are always open. You have to try to join to see if anyone is in them.

ps : hey! the emoticons are back :crazy:

Glad we got it done, guys. I did consider making an on-purpose mistake in the last 7 laps to allow Kev and I to dice it up a bit, but then found another goal that grabbed my attention: finishing within 40sec of Bart. :dopey:

Great racing everyone (I think, I didn't really see much of anyone...which is a bit odd for Fuji).

event112NAresults.PNG

I don't see any of the lobbies open.
Yeh, the lobbies are never "manned" so they will always be offline, dormant. But the lounges that belong to that accounts are always open, so you can join whenever. If you click on one you will see all the guys in there currently.

I can kick myself @oink83, the bloody race was still went on even though the names never lit. The other names are just ghost names.

I enjoyed the race last night. I had a couple of bobbles but no wipeouts! It was nice to stay in Kevin's (EDK) draft for a few laps. That was an awesome pass in T3 Kevin, definitely was not expecting that! :bowdown: I still haven't watched it in the replay, lesson learned to make sure I cover the inside line into a corner.

I short pitted after I lost Lefty's draft and came out in front of him and battled hard to keep him out of my draft for the rest of the race. These cars are so fun to drive, I look forward to racing them again, they must be in GT6, right???? We shall see. :gtpflag:

Al

Last edited:
That was an awesome pass in T3 Kevin, definitely was not expecting that! :bowdown: I still haven't watched it in the replay, lesson learned to make sure I cover the inside line into a corner.

I've raced a lot at Fuji, and people tend to (mistakenly) believe that the right hander just after the chicane is not a passing zone. If you can establish full overlap before turn in, it's a legitimate passing zone. ;) I think my gears were helping me through the chicane, so I knew I was getting a run on you there, just decided to set it up on that lap.

I do have to apologize for my push going into the chicane earlier in the race, that was just the best I could do to avoid an ever bigger mess due to late braking in slipstream.

EDK
I've raced a lot at Fuji, and people tend to (mistakenly) believe that the right hander just after the chicane is not a passing zone. If you can establish full overlap before turn in, it's a legitimate passing zone. ;) I think my gears were helping me through the chicane, so I knew I was getting a run on you there, just decided to set it up on that lap.

I do have to apologize for my push going into the chicane earlier in the race, that was just the best I could do to avoid an ever bigger mess due to late braking in slipstream.

Watched it on the replay, what an awesome pass!!! No worries about the chicane, I actually saw it happening and gave you a little extra room. We were fortunate that the result wasn't worse! I enjoyed every second being close to you on track!

Al

Watched it on the replay, what an awesome pass!!! No worries about the chicane, I actually saw it happening and gave you a little extra room. We were fortunate that the result wasn't worse! I enjoyed every second being close to you on track!
Al

I always say "You have to give a little to get a lot" in those situations. A bobble there could have def. been costly and a game changer :)

Back