GTP WRS-Online Event 14 : 22-B Baker Street Sprints - April 30, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 61 comments
We got 16 signed up for the EU race and 5 drivers on reserve.

Please could the reserve drivers change there status before 17:30 GMT so we know if 2 lounges are needed thank you.

How does one do a 58.444? :P

All I managed to do was a 1:00.002...

This event should be renamed "Catastrophic Understeer"; I think I spent more time understeering off into walls than on the track. :P
Do not understeer....:dopey: actually ask PASM and ...go to the Time Trial Thread and watch the Video posted by GRAV of Twizzy he's pedaling a Miata but you'll see the line...but make it smooth and remember everything you see is fair game (so to speak) including sidewalks and anything sorta flat....

Looking to do this in EU time slot, but there is a possibility that I might be a bit late. Would it be advisable to confirm or remain as a reserve?

Looking to do this in EU time slot, but there is a possibility that I might be a bit late. Would it be advisable to confirm or remain as a reserve?

It would be best to go on reserve then 👍

EU Race lobby open. At the moment we are keeping it at one room, so confirmed drivers will get a spot. If one cancels or fails to make it, the free spot goes to the reserve that replies in this thread first.

Lounge split

I forgot about the existence of this thread. Good thing I signed up as a reserve!

Hoo boy but that was fun no matter where you were...there was a massive freight train WAY up there in all three races. Thematic /PP-123/ and EW and I made up the rest but it was nice clean knife fighting...great experiance...now to find a second before NA.

Disconnected on the start of the second race and couldn't join afterwards. First race was excellent, good clean racing. See you next week.

The EU races were great tonight, I'll upload some bits from the replays tomorrow.

Cheers guys :cheers:

I apologize for my "rage" quit of race 1 and my immediate dismissal from the remaining races in the NA room. I'm sorry for wasting your time by me showing up and then leaving. Please, by all means, do what you have to do regarding my conduct.

Great battles on the EU races; will take photos of the races soon (sorry that I couldn't upload the A Scary Rx races, as there wasn't anything really interesting going on that I could find)!

I really liked the sprints we ran this week, lots of close racing with Kevin @EDK. After the 3 sprints in the NA room, we then did a reverse grid and then a 15 lapper on comfort softs, where @MadMax showcased his drifting skills.
I got disconnected from the server right before the reverse grid race. Looked from my perspective like the room had melted down, so sorry I missed it.

Was great fun racing with you last night, and also trying to keep up with Pekka. Pekka and I had about a 15 minute nose to tail during warmups as well, always a good time racing close with Pekka. 👍

Racing at London is a different experience, but still a lot of fun. :)

I really liked the sprints we ran this week, lots of close racing with Kevin @EDK. After the 3 sprints in the NA room, we then did a reverse grid and then a 15 lapper on comfort softs, where @MadMax showcased his drifting skills.
After Max got trapped behind me and was professional enough (an asset that most if not all upper level GTP_WRS drivers have) to not punt me aside :nervous: I let him by and then...He fell off ....and then ...a lap later arrived behind me sideways at full chat. Being sensible, I, like a rookie in a Formula Ford seeing Jim Clark in his mirrors in a Lotus 49, let him by....being way behind the lead three he then led me around....SIDEWAYS. It was a great show of car control ( most of the time) and had me cheering.

Doing 6 sprints and then two more unofficial sprints....including a reverse grid on high wear tires and then another on Comfort Softs....I can only say that this was the most fun to date ( I've been with you guys and on-line for about three months) with WRS. Also this was the first time I have seen a full grid....about time. I find it hard to understand that while the TT had 60 ! We have trouble filling a room :crazy:
How about a fortnightly race for the top 4 TT in each division...and live stream it. SNAIL started having a race of champions (ROC ) every month with the top 2 from Divisions 1-6 and the winner of Divisions 7 and 8. They run three sprints with the first being a reverse grid by Division, the remaining are run in order of previous finish. Total time is the criteria for a win. It has been a SMASH !
It is no secret that I DISLIKE TT because there is no Race Craft involved ( three months ago I could not even spell Race Craft... As you might remember) but....I would have finished 3d in Div 4.... So I'll try it if for no other reason than to get better:dunce:....but COME ON YOU TTers....get out there and race.

Thanks to @PASM for the lesson... And to @MadMax for proving that racing really is FUN.

Last night was so much more fun than my usual league races, I'll definitely be back next week (assuming I actually manage to tame that Megane at some point!) ...There was lots of really close racing and despite the lack of passing, there was always a gap to look for or a position to defend keeping me on my toes. Great stuff, clean racing and everyone had good awareness :)

I decided to upload race 3 as it was my most consistent run, and was the most fun. I held off Friday_GTRP all through the second race but he had enough of that by round three and got a good run on me making a nice move around the outside of turn 1, lap 3. Highlight for me was lap 14 where I beat my PB by a couple of tenths claiming second fastest lap of the night; 56.850 ...GTP_PASM was completely untouchable the whole evening, securing pole, walking each race and putting in a 56.583 (quicker than me in TT with no tyre sim :crazy:) Congrats also to Ricki & Rikson who had that podium-hogging pace!

Anyway, first I thought I'd upload this for some giggles :P

And here's race 3

Anyway, I'm looking forward to racing you guys again. See yas soon

Speaking of the SNAIL RoC....it would appear some of the hot shoes can't make the show so the 3d alternate (2d place holder in Div 7...that would be me?) has been invited.
Holy **** ....I'm terrified and excited...first goal stay between the grass, second goal...pass those who don't....third goal...Win of course ( not bloody likely but ya gotta start to win).

:eek:

Haha thats so weird it wasnt like that at all from my point of view. Was obviously having some connection issues. Hope that didnt happen again in the 2nd and 3rd races. Apart from that had good fun although suffering fron my usual inconsistancy!

Haha yeah, lag works in mysterious ways :P I didn't really see you after that, I can check my replays to see if it was still happening.

Good luck in the Snail race, Nail. Sounds interesting, I might check out the thread :)

Last edited:
Haha yeah, lag works in mysterious ways :P I didn't really see you after that, I can check my replays to see if it was still happening.

Good luck in the Snail race, Nail. Sounds interesting, I might check out the thread :)
Sound scary....the fast four....or is that the first and slowest four... Met for a bit of exchanging of ideas...should be just like a GTP_WRS reverse grid race times 3. Only difference is switching our Aliens for their Aliens....LOL.

Haha thats so weird it wasnt like that at all from my point of view. Was obviously having some connection issues. Hope that didnt happen again in the 2nd and 3rd races. Apart from that had good fun although suffering fron my usual inconsistancy!
A number of times in the two 90s we would dive into the smoke (or was that London Fog:lol:) hoping you were not sideways in the middle.

Apologies for the delay in publishing results, we had to apply penalties to @mclarenf176's results for excessive wall-tapping/wall-riding in all 3 races.

Congrats Bart on another win, and to Pekka for his first GT6 win! :cheers:

gt6-event014-eu-sprints-results-png.150552

*15sec penalties applied for excessive wall riding

gt6-event014-na-sprints-results-png.150553

Pekka's first-time win anthem

Back