GTP WRS-Online Event 15 : This Girl's A Spinner - May 7, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 62 comments
Great race today, enjoyed the battle Roseza!

I have to cancel for the Worldwide race, I have something coming up at that time... :(

Discoed. Hope Na and Sat work out better. Over in two other series DCs are common and lagging normal in any race with say 6 to 8 drivers. Over that we lose about a guy a race. I returned to watch and saw Bart go from 1st to 6th and back to 1st on the lap chart and then wildly lag...then DCd again. Quit.

Great race tonight, everyone. Had an awesome time. Nice battling with Lucas, and everyone had great awareness for faster drivers behind.

EDK
Great race tonight, everyone. Had an awesome time. Nice battling with Lucas, and everyone had great awareness for faster drivers behind.
I forgot to mention, in case you thought I was bump drafting you on the S/F straight that one time, that was just me waiting too long to pull out for the pass. :dunce:

It was a huge rush those 3 or 4 times where I was able to get a better run out of the final corner and think about passing. But the consistent tortoise always beats the sketchy hare. 👍
Had a great time! :)

Pics can't even describe how epic this race was for Kev and I, but I'll try.

First, the bump. It was my 2nd try at passing on the straight, and as said above, it ended up a dud.

Final corner. That's a run. :P

Autumn Ring_24.jpg

Right before the bump. :dunce:

Autumn Ring_25.jpg

Yeah, that's not going to work.

Autumn Ring_26.jpg

Back to chasing you.

Autumn Ring_27.jpg

After a 3sec mistake, I caught up and this was turn 1 starting the final lap. :)
Autumn Ring_28.jpg

Final lap I was always within 20 feet of you. We did the exact same lap...until I got greedy. :lol:
Autumn Ring_29.jpg

---
We'll try to get regional results out on Thursday. I'm not sure if I'll make the new Weekend Worldwide slot on Saturday, but am currently expecting to be there. Merged results from all 3 timeslots will be published afterward.

Back to tonight's race, I wished we could have given Drew (@Bleached) a challenge but it only takes 2 to race. :)

I must apologize for my blunder at the start of the EU race. I forgot the usual flow of quali-results-start and missed the latter by a few seconds. Then I discovered I wasn't last on the grid. Sorry.

:cheers: for the pics @Gravitron.

Did sll of you guys notice that I went full on Pink Clio clone, numbers and all? :) I would of course normally be running with 17, but could not resist the opportunity.

I must say, our cars are very photogenic together, nice contrast.

Nice pictures Lucas. I had a good race, no major mistakes, just a lot of moments. Had a good moment coming out of the chicanes in T1 of the first lap, but luckily I caught it. It's a shame that we had so many disconnects.

I didn't notice the color and number match with the Clio until you pointed it out Kevin ;)

Alas, I will not be able to attend the WW race this weekend. I completely forgot about plans out and will not be back in time. Good racing to you!👍

Is someone up for some practice for the race tomorrow?
I could create a room in about an hour or so.

guys im sorry, but i have to cancel today's WW session attendance. i'm very disappointed because after wednesday's DC i really wanted race WW session, but i can't.. :banghead: :(

EU Room Race videos. (Cockpit view)

Almost forgot the formation lap again. But tamed myself rather quickly.
I guess Paul did the same?

Used one of your picture @Allibubba99 hope its ok.

I completely went into MASSVE brain fade on the EU start. I had been practicing standing starts for another series....2d gear works GREAT.

SOOOOO....man what a start.....oh dear....cringe....slink back to the back. Not a word was said...but...I could hear the giggles without a radio.

Off I go to NA dreading the ribbing I am going to take. NOT A WORD WAS SAID. So thinking I had gotten away with one, or perhaps the NA crowd was going to be mature and/or forgiving. We line up on the grid ...and then....a certain ASSHOL# (lol) says in front of God and everybody....Ned..it's a rolling start. Cringe....quiver....... .

Question: am I just wasting everyone's time by coming to races and then leaving?
Aw come back you are much faster than I am....patience patience patience....the more the merrier....we need 16 per race...to make it a race for all of us...not just the top 3. Unlike other organizations all skill levels race together here....while this is DAUNTING in the extreme in the beginning there is ultimately beneficial as every race is a tutorial (which it indeed should be even to Roseberg and Hamilton) as the Fast Ones go by. I have gained around 5 seconds over the last month....soon it will be 6 then 7. I'm NEVER going to be DIV 1/2 but then again I am here for the racing not the speeding.

added note: A very fast and helpful SNAIL who has been with them since the beginning told me that there was always going to be a need for Stewards because there were two types of drivers on line: Racers and Speeders. Racers are here to race, Speeders are here to go like hell and Katie bar the door. I've met and been passed by both...the distinction between the two is OBVIOUS in their race craft.

Last edited:
Worldwide Weekend room open:

1472-6399-9009-5386-3929

Quali starts in 84min.

Back