GTP WRS-Online Event 17: EDK Goes to Daytona - May 21, 2014

• Thread starter hasslemoff
  • 38 comments
Proper pit exit. Jumping right into turn 1 will likely earn you a 15sec penalty (or worse if it were to cause an accident).

Sorry guys...Internet was down until 13 past the hour so I jumped in at the last minute....but never checked my driver aids and auto xmission was selected , left over from my reconnaissance laps at Cote D'Azure...which made the brake points change drastically... Sorry Thematic, I would never try that move in normal times. W/O the braking from down shifts and the ability to down shift when I wanted...(not when the computer got around to it...rendered me MORE dangerous than normal. I braked at the normal point to follow you through the Bus Stop and guess what...as they say in Korea...NO WORKEE. Too much smash and no where to go. All fixed...plan to do allot better in NA. Again sorry Thematic

Thematic thanks for understanding.....:bowdown:

Last edited:
Thanks Daniel. 👍

On the bus now, not sure if I'll make it in time.

Well I do believe I'm jinxed with the Camaro. EU I pull off due to pilot error ( in my haste to get to the track left driver aids in undriveable position). NA I get DCd just before the race...and get back on just as you all rolled off. I watched for a bit but now I know why drivers hail a cab and head for the airport right after they DNF...watching your race SUCKS. BTW some of you were lagging while I watched....hope you all made it. See ya at Monaco.

....but never checked my driver aids and auto xmission was selected , left over from my reconnaissance laps at Cote D'Azure...which made the brake points change drastically...
It's okay, I figured you missed your brake point, never thought you intended to pass me at that point. My brake balance was conservative though, in order to survive the first corner (29x).

Results:

gt6-event017-eu.PNG

gt6-event017-na.PNG

gt6-event017-merged.PNG

Congrats to Paul and Jon on your wins! :cheers:

And to Rikson, Jon, Pekka and Drew for your podiums. 👍

Bummed I missed it, looks like it was a lot of fun.

Looks like the NA "midfield" had quite a bit of pace over EU this time, very interesting. While I spent most of the race in clean air, there were nonetheless hard fought battles. I managed to get by Hector in the pit rotation, as he had an off in the first infield hairpin while on cold tires during his out lap.

I was reeling in @Bleached (Vipond) at the end of the race, I actually set my fast lap with 2 or 3 laps to go. He was up by 2.5 seconds with 5 laps to go, I had it to about 0.8 at the start of the final lap. But then I had a small off in the infield kink, resulting in losing 3 seconds as I was careful not to turn it into a full blown crash.

Great racing from everyone, and a nice warmup for my race on Sunday. Am up early, getting ready to head to the airport and fly to Florida. 👍 :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back