GTP WRS-Online Event 2 : FXXza Irresistibile! - February 5, 2014

Yeh I think WRP has the right idea with this one. We aren't expecting you to be hitting reverse view every 2 seconds through the race. You should know roughly how far behind you are from the split timers that pop up every split. Once it starts getting close to the average lap time expect the leading cars to be there. At that point, and not on corners or technical sections necessarily, but on a straight when you get a second to relax, just check the rear view, see if or who is behind you, and prepare to take action if it's someone in the lead.

That's ok. The bolded part is the most important. It's an easy thing to do, but so long as you don't expect too much of yourself, you won't go away disappointed. I like to set goals for myself in races, and not always related to speed. I used to really struggle with suzuka, so I made it my goal to just get to the end of the race without any offs. Didn't worry about speed, just focussed on staying on track. Or there might be someone close to me in handicap who I would try to at least battle with, or focus on getting a great fast lap or something like that. That way you can set realistic goals and you won't come away disappointed.

@RacingOtaku86 he told me this a few months ago aswell. :P I had a few bad races following each other up and got really frustrated what I did then is taking a break and from then i've only run combo's I like and I know i'm not gonna get frustrated with. If I feel like i'm to slow for where I want to be I don't run. I find that this keeps me motivated to get good practice in for the races that I do run and keep me from being really frustrated and from making a lot of mistakes in races.

Back