North American Time Slot

10:00 PM Eastern / 7:00 PM Pacific / 3:00 AM GMT

img.php

Alfa Romeo Guila Carrozzata DAZagato CN.AR750106 '65 @ Fuji Speedway GT

car_alfa_romeo_carrozzata_dazagato_cn_ar750105_65.jpg
track_fuji_speedway_gt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Special Note: Do not add any upgrades to the car including Chassis Reinforcement.
If you've already installed the reinforcement you'll need to buy a new car as it cannot be removed.
If you attempt to enter the track with any upgrade you will be refused by the game.

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Fuij Speedway GT (2.81 miles)
  • Car: Alfa Romeo Carrozzata DAZagato CN.AR750106 '65 (from Premium Garage)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Prohibited (can only change brake balance on track)
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Pre-Arranged - Starting order based on officially submitted WRS-TT lap time
  • Note: If you don't submit officially you must submit a time to this thread by Tuesday Jan 24 at 11:59 PM GMT or you can start in the back of the field by handicap.

Formation Lap & Rolling Start

(formation lap details subject to minor changes based on practice session simulations)

At the top of the hour the stewards will spend a couple minutes reviewing these procedures and then ask all drivers to enter the pits and start race timer. Please be prompt. We will not wait longer than 5 past the hour to start the race timer. Ask questions now in the thread before the race so you are clear. We will run a few formation laps in practice to get a feel for it.

When the countdown timer is complete and you are placed in the starting grid hold the brakes and your position. A steward will be released and proceed to the reformation area just prior to the first corner. The pole sitter will be called and park directly behind the steward. All subsequent drivers will be called and should park right behind the driver in front. As soon as the last driver is in position the formation lap will begin. The steward will set the pace which will be approximately 80-100 mph (130-150 kph) and in 3rd gear. You are free to warm your tires and let the gap widen a bit, but hold your order and stay on track.

At the end of the straight following the Dunlop right hand turn the steward will slow down to compress the field and then fall back to his proper position before Netz letting the pole sitter take over first position. At this point cease warming tires and stay within a couple car lengths of the car in front of you. The leader will round the final corner (Panasonic) and stay at a reduced pace giving all drivers a chance to make the final corner safely and stay in formation. The leader will then remain in 2nd gear until the timing line (when the lap count ticks to 2) at which point he can shift to 3rd and accelerate to race pace. All other drivers should accelerate when the car in front of you accelerates. No passing before the start finish line and no building a gap to get a run before the start finish. The goal is to get through turn 1 in an orderly fashion and commence a long clean race. At this speed from start to turn 1 the leader should not quite get to 5th gear and should make the first corner more manageable in a pack.

At 35 race laps there will be plenty of time to pass and use strategy so take the first turn and first sector conservatively.

picture.php

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 36 (Lap 1 = formation)
  • Start Type: Formation Lap with Single Rile Rolling Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: Off
  • Penalty: None
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Slipstream Strength: Weak
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
  • Pit Stops: Allowed and as often as you need to but not required. When exiting the pit lane, remember to stay within pit lane exit boundaries and yield to approaching drivers.

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Premium Garage)
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 187 HP (Stock w/engine break maxes out at 178 HP)
  • Weight: 620 kg (Stock)
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • Driving Line | TCS | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

FujiSpeedwayGT_41.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field over 12 drivers we will split the grid into two fields.
Split determined by WRS lap time w/top half racing in GTP_3D3Racing and remaining in GTP_3D3_B.

event20_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 24 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

FujiSpeedwayGT_31.jpg

Last edited:

wrstitlesraceresults.png

EU - A
Results-TZU-EU-A1.png

EU - B
Results-TZU-EU-B1.png

Results-TZU-NA-All.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Added myself. Turquoise Metallic paint, custom rims (stock silver colour) :)

Welcome GTP_TuesdayMops! Glad you are going to race with us. Hopefully you'll run the time trial also... good preparation. I got your PSN friend requests to both GTP_3D3Racing and GTP_3D3_B so you should be all set to race. Practice times are listed in the details post and you can also pop in the lounge anytime you want -- or just follow the thread and people will post that they are practicing. There are also informal Saturday races. Watch this thread for more details. Most events including practice will take place in GTP_3D3Racing and we only use the B lounge if we have to split into two grids.

@GTP_EddNinhs -- you need to accept the friend requests from the 3D3 racing lounge IDs in order to race with us. We didn't see you in last weeks NA race even though you signed up. You are required to use your GTP tag ID to race in this series. The admins rejected your friends request from PSN=EddNinhs. You can only join the races using your PSN=GTP_EddNinhs. Same goes for participating in the time trial events, they must be run using your GTP tag account.

I'll be unable to race in the NA race this week as I'll be flying back to Chicago, but I should be able to squeak in the EU race before I have to race off to the airport. Of all weeks, this is the one I didn't want to miss. I love this track, but I'll get more of it on the 28th anyway during the GTP_WRS vs ORCA - Special Event. Any of you who are interested in the special event see that thread for more details AND you have to run the GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 49 : TZ2, TZU (time trial) this week to qualify for the special event.

UPDATE: It's official we are going to make the following changes for this week:

Start Order:

No pre-race qualification, instead starting order based on submitted WRS qualification lap. Fastest First.

If you don't/can't/won't submit an official WRS lap you can submit your time to this thread by Tuesday 11:59 GMT. You will still be required to have a ghost replay available for verification.

Start Type:

Formation lap with single file rolling start. A steward will lead the formation lap and drop back to their assigned spot just prior to the last turn.

Some changes to procedures will be detailed later, but basically leader will not be allowed to "start/accelerate" until the start finish line. Ideally draft doesn't kick in fully by turn 1 so we can have a fairly clean initial turn.

We will be doing some rolling start practice during our practice slots to work out the kinks and since we haven't used this format in a while there are newer drivers who may not be familiar with it. Please attend one of the practice sessions if you are unsure how a formation lap / rolling start works.

Lap Count:

Since we won't need to allocate time for qualification we'll increase the length of the race from 30 to 35 laps. We'll also add one race mode lap for the formation lap so the lap count will be set to 36.

Pits:

Pit strategy will be open. Pitting is optional and you can pit as often as you like or not at all.

Timing:

Be prompt this week. The race countdown timer will start no later than 5 past the hour and we will begin the formation lap right away. We will spend the first 5 minutes going over the rules and procedures for the formation lap. Be sure to understand the process or ask questions before we get started.

We're extending the race which itself should take almost 1 hour and 10 minutes so we want to get started promptly. Everything should still easily fit in our normal 75-90 minute window.

Practice will start as normal about 45-60 minutes before the race. No room reset required for qualification which should also save time. All drivers will be asked to enter pits and we'll start the countdown timer. Once on the grid we'll form up in proper order just prior to turn 1 and begin the formation lap.

This all sounds great Tim.👍 I like modifications you posted.

Just saw 3D3 B so I will friend request that one now.

Please note the updated formation lap procedures in the details post above. Ask any questions prior to the race. We will do dry runs of the formation lap a couple times during each practice. The procedures above may be tweaked slightly as we refine the process in practice.

Have just registered myself for this, look a great deal of fun 👍

I saw you registered for the event using the google form. You also need to register for the online driver registry (one time only) so that your name can show up in the driver registration tables. Do this once and you won't have to do it for future events. Use this 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form and an admin will add you to the online registry.

I'll check to see if you sent Friend Requests to the lounge PSN ids. If not I'll send one to you.

EDIT: I got the friend requests and you are good to go. Just fill out the form above and we'll see you in practice or the races. You can get access to the lounges now so should also be good for the Saturday races.

I saw you registered for the event using the google form. You also need to register for the online driver registry (one time only) so that your name can show up in the driver registration tables. Do this once and you won't have to do it for future events. Use this 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form and an admin will add you to the online registry.

I'll check to see if you sent Friend Requests to the lounge PSN ids. If not I'll send one to you.

Cheers mate , completed

Cheers mate , completed

👍 You are now official and can auto register for any future events. You can also sign up for the special event on Saturday the 28th. See my signature for the link. Basically the same race as this one, but we'll be competing as a team against the ORCA series drivers.

I'm going for a spin in the Alfa in the GTP_3D3Racing lounge.
Online practice to make my offline better. :)
Feel free to join...

Couple of newb questions for you, Tim (or whoever else can answer):

- "from Premium Garage", does that mean we won't be racing with our own custom painted car?

- Does "Tuning prohibited" only mean that we cannot add parts to the car or that we cannot change, e.g., transmission and suspension settings?

Thanks in advance.

- You will be driving your own painted car

- Nothing can be added or changed (transmission, suspension).
Custom wheels are allowed but when you do that you'll have to reset your transmission to default again.
Also note that the improved body rigidity cannot be added!

Couple of newb questions for you, Tim (or whoever else can answer):

- "from Premium Garage", does that mean we won't be racing with our own custom painted car?

- Does "Tuning prohibited" only mean that we cannot add parts to the car or that we cannot change, e.g., transmission and suspension settings?

Thanks in advance.

Speedy got it right.

Variations
  • "from Premium Garage" means it's your own car bought from the new car dealership and it's a premium model car. You can paint many premium cars, but not all of them (i.e. race cars with logos, etc).
  • "from Standard Garage" means it's your own car bought from the used car dealership or online delearship and it's a standard model car. You can paint many standard cars, but not all of them (i.e. race cars with logos, etc).
  • "from Recommended Garage" means it's provided to you by the system just like Arcade mode offline. You can't tune or add parts but you can use the in event tuning to adjust brake balance. You just have the car as soon as you join the lounge and the system picks a default color. You can go into the garage and change the color, but you can't change the car.

Tuning Prohibited means you can't do *anything* to the car. You can't add any parts, you can't adjust the transmission, you can't adjust the suspension, you can't max out the aero. You can however change the brake balance once you are on the track with the in event tuning options. If you've added a turbo or another option that can be removed you can just deselect it and you'll be fine. If you've added a part that cannot be removed like rigidity improvement you'll need to buy a new car. Also if you change the tires you'll need to go into the transmission section of the settings a reset the ratios to their default values. It's OK to change tires, but you have to reset the ratios after you do this.

If you try to "Enter Course" in the lobby with a tuned car you will be denied. It just won't let you on track.

I hope that helps.

Hello there to all . I am happy to join your race series ! I have been racing gt for a couple of years already with GTP_DON and GTP_Sjaak There are a few things not 100% clear, but i think DON or SJAAK will be able to tell me the ins and outs before i will post my questions here.
Looking forward to this coming event !
Greetings, Tuesdaymops

Hello there to all . I am happy to join your race series ! I have been racing gt for a couple of years already with GTP_DON and GTP_Sjaak There are a few things not 100% clear, but i think DON or SJAAK will be able to tell me the ins and outs before i will post my questions here.
Greetings, Tuesdaymops

OK, don't hesitate to ask. NO question is a stupid question if it's asked ahead of time. Of course that doesn't apply 2 minutes before the races starts. :sly:

Plus there are other fairly new racers to our series lurking around and they may benefit from the answers too.

The nice thing about the forum is there are lots of helpful folks that will be able to answer. Of course if the answer is already in the OP that will just be pointed out.

Greetings, Tuesdaymops

Good to have you aboard. 👍
Kudos to Sjaak and Don to get you in here. :)

If you have any questions at all, just feel free to ask. We'll answer them happily.

Edit: Tim beat me. :)

Thanks Speedy and Tim. Just to make sure I understand: if I've made changes to the suspension and LSD, say, I just have to change them back to the default values before entering the race.

Thanks Speedy and Tim. Just to make sure I understand: if I've made changes to the suspension and LSD, say, I just have to change them back to the default values before entering the race.

Yes, or better yet use the settings sheets. There are three of them A, B, C. You can save your current offline settings. They are probably saved under sheet A. Just switch over to B when you race online and those should already be default. Then you can easily switch back and forth. You can name them. "Offline" and "Online". I have my offline tune called "EDK Flier". :sly:

image01.jpg

Use the "A", "B" and "C" icons at the bottom to switch between any three setups for any car.

Doesn't have to be done on the track.

Really? Even if tuning is restricted they let you change brake balance in the setup prior to entering the track? Didn't know that and I've been doing it on the fly after entering the track.

Yeap. My Alfa is usually @ 3/5 BB and has never been denied access to the track in ORCA races.

Few questions/notes:

So no split grids &quali/feature race? What if there are more than 16(12?) registered?

Might want to add 'if you spin on formation lap - you lose your grid spot' ;)

It might be worth stress (at least to me) that the whole point of rolling start is for the leading car to choose when to shift into 3rd. The current language could be interpreted (initially by me) to imply that the leader is supposed to floor it at the S/F line, which sorta defeats the purpose of having less carnage in turn 1. It might be self-explanatory to people who do rolling starts regularly, but not 100% clear to others, like me.

Last edited:
Yeap. My Alfa is usually @ 3/5 BB and has never been denied access to the track in ORCA races.

Few questions/notes:

So no split grids &quali/feature race? What if there are more than 16(12?) registered?

Might want to add 'if you spin on formation lap - you lose your grid spot' ;)

It might be worth stress (at least to me) that the whole point of rolling start is for the leading car to choose when to shift into 3rd. The current language could be interpreted (initially by me) to imply that the leader is supposed to floor it at the S/F line, which sorta defeats the purpose of having less carnage in turn 1. It might be self-explanatory to people who do rolling starts regularly, but not 100% clear to others, like me.

I actually took the verbage out about crashing and losing your spot. It's kind of harsh for this series.. hopefully drivers have enough sense to stay on the track for the formation lap.

We decided on purpose NOT to give the pole sitter the decision about when to start. We want to try it out this way for a change. If the pole sitter starts too early and draft kicks in by the end of the straight carnage will ensue. By delaying that until the start/finish line the car won't even get into 5th by the braking point and should make for a cleaner turn 1. We'll see, but this is what we're going with this week. Also why we said we reserve the right to tweak things based on the simulated starts we'll run during practice. Let's wait and see how those go first. If it doesn't work well in practice we're willing to change it.

We will split the grid if there are more than 12, but we're not doing sprint/feature. We are doing shorter races for the special event so we wanted this to be a longer race. We will decide how to split the grid... either stagger drivers or do it D1-2 and D3-5 and they each have their own full length race.

PS. Are you planning to sign up for the NA race? I doubt we'll have to split that field anyway... I'll be on a plane in any case and can only make the EU race.

I actually took the verbage out about crashing and losing your spot. It's kind of harsh for this series.. hopefully drivers have enough sense to stay on the track for the formation lap.

I think that was the tongue in cheek comment I made to Dan when he crashed on the formation lap of the Cape Fear race. ;)

From few fun races we did in Alfas @Fuji over the past 2 months I seem to recall that even from 0mph at the line there was enough draft for some 3-wide action in turn 1. Just sayin...

Back