GTP WRS-Online : Event 21 : Running with the Night - Feb 1

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 87 comments
Oh it slides all right, but in a good way :sly:
See you online tomorrow 👍

I'll be at practice. :cool:

I'm running fast this week, and we need to get an idea of what to do about passing zones. :scared:

I think we should see what the strong versus weak draft will do. :confused:

And yes, it's official. I CAN screw up a grid start!!
bagman.gif

Racing On! :gtpflag:

Go Habs!! [Although I'm still trying to digest you playing for the MALE LEAFS! {ORCA} rather than your beloved Canadiens! {WRS}] :(

Last edited:
IMHO, comfort softs will be the better option. The reduced grip and increased tire wear should makes strategy a bigger part of the race, while making the passing a bit easier.

IMHO, comfort softs will be the better option. The reduced grip and increased tire wear should makes strategy a bigger part of the race, while making the passing a bit easier.

👍

Just outta interest what sorta times you guys thinking of practicing? I want to try some runs with Fuel and Tyre wear on

👍

Just outta interest what sorta times you guys thinking of practicing? I want to try some runs with Fuel and Tyre wear on

Official practice times are the same every week and listed in the details post on the first page of this thread:

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

You (or anyone on the PSN friends list of the lounge) is welcome at any time to start a practice. Just post here that you are going to open the lounge at X time and others know to join.

I am testing the EVO in the 3D3 room now,

No clue what I signed up for :sly:

I'll be at practice. :cool:

I'm running fast this week, and we need to get an idea of what to do about passing zones. :scared:

I think we should see what the strong versus weak draft will do. :confused:

And yes, it's official. I CAN screw up a grid start!!
bagman.gif

Racing On! :gtpflag:

Go Habs!! [Although I'm still trying to digest you playing for the MAPLE LEAFS! {ORCA} rather than your beloved Canadiens! {WRS}] :(

That analogy is so offensive I felt like giving you an infraction.
I almost edited your post.
You're on thin ice Chuk :lol:

Go Habs Go!

Chuk just messed with space-time over in the Week 50 thread. :bowdown:

Canceled my participation in event. I have (again) problems with my internet connection, it won't be able to run disconnect-less for the duration of race :(

Have fun guys, hoping I'll see you on Suzuka next week 👍

Last edited:
That analogy is so offensive I felt like giving you an infraction.
I almost edited your post.
You're on thin ice Chuk :lol:

Go Habs Go!

Keep chirping and the "gloves" might come off on the first corner :sly:.

Keep chirping and the "gloves" might come off on the first corner :sly:.

Stanley Cup Champions:
Montreal Canadiens: 23
(The Canadiens also have one pre-NHL win, listed below)
1924, 1930, 1931, 1944, 1946, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1986, 1993

Toronto Maple Leafs: 13
(Includes wins under previous franchise names: Toronto Arenas and Toronto St. Pats)
1918, 1922, 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1967.....ans still waiting (don't worry though, I've heard that this is their year! - no, wait, that was last year.... no,no - the year before I think....)

The Ten that I've bolded really drive home the difference in the two teams.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are the only original 6 team to have never won the Cup following the original league expansion (a source of infinite joy to Montreal Fans ;))

See you in turn 1! I'll be in the RED one. :lol:

Tested the CS and imo it is a better drive then the SH.

Alibubba and I were around the 1'39.3
Twissy made laps of 1'37.3:tup:

New internet connection ready to test today 👍 Hoping the switch from DSL to cable internet doesn't mess things up:

1740902852.png

Much faster, but my old DSL line was as trusty as could be and never suffered a single DC... just too expensive for the speeds I was getting.

New internet connection ready to test today 👍 Hoping the switch from DSL to cable internet doesn't mess things up:

1740902852.png

Much faster, but my old DSL line was as trusty as could be and never suffered a single DC... just too expensive for the speeds I was getting.

Looks much better in speeds and especially your ping/ms is very good.
If it doesn't suffer from sudden drops, you shouldn't have any problems.

Signed as reserve on both, getting very close(less than 2gb) to download limit for the month. If I go over the limit it will be shaped to 512k and I do not know how that will change online play (currently 6.5MB d/l, 0.6MB u/l, 50m/s ping).

Signed as reserve on both, getting very close(less than 2gb) to download limit for the month. If I go over the limit it will be shaped to 512k and I do not know how that will change online play (currently 6.5MB d/l, 0.6MB u/l, 50m/s ping).

If it makes any difference Wednesday is Feb 1st and a new month!

If you want to practice online before then I think if you set up your own lounge and run solo it won't take much if any traffic... although that would have to be verified.

I'm about .5 GB away from my limit too, but my ISP doesn't change anything, they just bill you $2 for every GB over the limit 👎
Not sure what system is better.....plus, mine resets on the 8th. Looks like my monthly rate is going up this month :D

I can't afford more than what I am paying so shaping works well for me. I just hope it wont effect online racing :nervous:

Just running some laps with Dale now.
Come on by and we can run mini races 👍

Edit: We are out for now, but feel free to keep on practicing.
Might be back later this evening.

I can't afford more than what I am paying so shaping works well for me. I just hope it wont effect online racing :nervous:
Hopefully it doesn't affect too much. GT5 really doesn't use a lot of data in a day.
On Jan 28th (ORCA vs. WRS) I raced and hosted for a total of ~ 4+ hrs and really didn't use the internet at all other than GT5 (and some GTPlanet :sly:)that day. My usage was 122 MB down, and 94 MB up.

Last edited:
The OP has been changed to include the following details:

Laps: 35
Tires: Comfort Soft's (C3's)
Slipstream Strength: Strong
Pits: Open for the Race (Qualifying will be determined depending on the number of drivers in the actual race room)

Passing will be tough everywhere on this track, especially with drivers that are closely matched. Even with Strong Draft settings you need to be really close to the lead driver exiting the tunnel if you expect to complete the pass at the end of the straight.
The tires will certainly not make 35 laps so pit strategies will also come into play when considering / attempting passes on certain drivers.

Couldn't make practice last night guys. Looks like comfort soft's are in.

I'll have to do some laps in my lobby to check it out.

Not sure I want to do a whole race on those tires.:scared:

"Might" ? make for a better race, but I fear I wouldn't have any fenders left at the end.:lol:

^^:lol:
It will be a tough race, but even on Sport Hards that would be the case.
The upside is that when we originally practiced on SH tires passing was virtually impossible.
When we practiced yesterday the Comfort Softs allowed for more passing opportunities simply due to the increased possibility of driver error.
Not huge, slamming into wall errors, but just enough to create space for a pass in a couple places on the track.

Fortunately (or too bad???) visual damage will be off. These cars are going to get a good bashing, that's for sure.

Stanley Cup Champions:
Montreal Canadiens: 23
(The Canadiens also have one pre-NHL win, listed below)
1924, 1930, 1931, 1944, 1946, 1953, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1986, 1993

Toronto Maple Leafs: 13
(Includes wins under previous franchise names: Toronto Arenas and Toronto St. Pats)
1918, 1922, 1932, 1942, 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1951, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1967.....ans still waiting (don't worry though, I've heard that this is their year! - no, wait, that was last year.... no,no - the year before I think....)

The Ten that I've bolded really drive home the difference in the two teams.
The Toronto Maple Leafs are the only original 6 team to have never won the Cup following the original league expansion (a source of infinite joy to Montreal Fans ;))

See you in turn 1! I'll be in the RED one. :lol:

Everyone loves a history lesson now and then, but the fact is the last time Montreal won something, I was still in my diapers :).

Toronto - 49 games - 55 points - level with two more teams for playoff spots

Montreal - 49 games - 47 points - gonna go home pretty early if you ask me

I rest my case :cool:.

Back to the WRS-OE, while testing pit stops I noticed the autopilot mode at the pit exit pretty much throws you into the first corner, might cause an issue if someone else is coming down the straight. What do you guys think?

Everyone loves a history lesson now and then, but the fact is the last time Montreal won something, I was still in my diapers :).

Back to the WRS-OE, while testing pit stops I noticed the autopilot mode at the pit exit pretty much throws you into the first corner, might cause an issue if someone else is coming down the straight. What do you guys think?

:lol: And the last time the Leafs won anything, I wasn't even alive yet, neither were most people reading this post :D Case rested - see you in turn 1 👍

For the pit exit - a slight press of the brake pedal as you are exiting the pit road will get you through turn 1 ok. Just don't forget!

EU Practice room is open closed for tonight.

You can still practice there if you like. Race specs in post #2 .

Last edited:
stanley cup champions:
montreal canadiens: 23
(the canadiens also have one pre-nhl win, listed below)

see you in turn 1! I'll be in the red one. :lol:

blah blah blah blah!

Back