img.php

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 @ Indy Road Course

car_dodge_viper_srt10_06.jpg
track_indy_superspeedway_road_course.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low (Disabled if grid is over 12 drivers)

Official Practice Times

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Indy Road Course
  • Car: Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR '08 STOCK
  • Tires: Race Hard (R1's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: Tuning Prohibited - R/A functions allowed
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Online Single Stint - No pits
  • Notes:

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 35
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: Weak
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pits: Optional

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above
  • Performance Points: N/A
  • Power: 618 HP (stock, this will go up to 637 HP with engine break-in)
  • Weight: 1552 kg (stock)
  • Engine, Intake, Exhaust Modifcations: Not allowed
  • Turbo or Supercharger: Not Allowed (Turbo is verifiable by checking for the turbo meter on the HUD).
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line | ABS: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

RoadCourse-Indy-800.jpg

wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field of 13-16 drivers we will disable mics and race with one grid. With 17+ we will split the grid.

event28_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

RoadCourse-Indy_5-800.jpg

wrstitlesracehighlights.png

Highlights Video by GTP_Roomboter 👍

Here's a tip (completely cosmetic) because I've gotten question on this lately... No I don't manually adjust the colors in the registration list. It's all automatic -- except Speedy of course who is always in there adjusting his own DLC color and chasing it down/up rows when new people add/drop. :lol:

Conditional formatting is used to auto color the "car color" column in the registration image. Google only allows 10 rules so here they are (in order of application and not case-sensitive):

conditionalcolors.png

So if you have different colors for the paint and tires you can use some tricks to make it grab the primary color. Use an alternate character in the color you do NOT want to be used for the conditional formatting. You can use @ for a or zero for 0, but if you want to get real tricky use one of these special accent characters.
  • Silvër
  • Bluë
  • Rëd
  • Bläck
  • Göld
  • Purplë
  • Grëen
  • Yëllow
  • Oränge
  • Pînk
If you use a GT color that's a number like "GT 402" or other color names that don't include the primary color put the closest primary color from above in parens after like this "Saphire Metallic (blue)".

If there are no matches it'll be white background with black text so if you want white make sure there are no matches at all.

:sly:

Pink? For the ladies among us? Or just for Wes? :lol: I kid.

I just laughed out loud here at work, thinking about what Marc might do to the pics, given the title this week. :scared::lol:

Pink? For the ladies among us? Or just for Wes? :lol: I kid.

I just laughed out loud here at work, thinking about what Marc might do to the pics, given the title this week. :scared::lol:

The bolded part. 👍

After all, leading our series in wins comes with a few perks:

resultsbydriver.png

This table is updated weekly in the historical results thread by the way. Who is that cool guy at the top of the podium table? Honestly that's a result of grinding out the most appearances more than anything else. I think Hydro had the lead in # of races until the last few weeks during his "holiday" from 3D3.

...except Speedy of course who is always in there adjusting his own DLC color and chasing it down/up rows when new people add/drop. :lol:

I've given up on that now as it never seemed to be able to stay the way I changed it to. :grumpy: :lol:

So, instead of a fork in the road, it's a forked tongue in the road!

:indiff:(Chuk, in your vast repertoire of emoticons/smilies, do you have a little drummer guy who goes badoom-tssh, you know, *snare* *snare* *cymbal*, like drummers do to punch up a lame joke? I could have used one right here.)

You're wish has been granted Daniel!
Just be careful, you only have 2 more :lol:

So Daniel you are subverting my conditional formatting now? :irked: I should keep my secrets I guess. :lol:

Well you went and explained it all to them....:D
Clearly you aren't in the Magician's union.

We should have a separate leaderboard for stripes vs non-stripes. :lol:

Kind of like shirts vs skins. "Forked Tongue in the Road" is a great title, Daniel. 👍

I don't know if anyone noticed, but we changed the official NA practice day/time.

• NA: Tuesdays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

We were having a hard time making the Monday practice slots and there wasn't much traffic, plus the tuesday NA practice was often lasting for hours so we figured we'd just do all official practices on Tuesday -- basically a giant extension of the EU practice into NA times. 👍

You are of course still welcome to use the lounges for unofficial practice on Mondays, but we didn't want to keep advertising a time that non of the admins could make! Post here in the thread any time you are running this combo in the lounge and want some company.

Over the next week or so there will most likely be a lot of traffic also for the Enduro @ Spa, but we've got a couple lounges. Tuesday and Wednesday this event takes priority in the main lounge and the other days the Enduro takes primary stage. You can always use GTP_3D3_A (mics-disabled) or GTP_3D3_B (mics-enabled) for practice if the main lounge is being used with another combo.

Speaking of switching the lounges around... what's the etiquette on non-admins changing the settings?

I was in there last night and the course was set up for Spa (which I wanted), but tire wear was off. I wasn't sure if it was kosher to tinker.

Speaking of switching the lounges around... what's the etiquette on non-admins changing the settings?

I was in there last night and the course was set up for Spa (which I wanted), but tire wear was off. I wasn't sure if it was kosher to tinker.

Go ahead and change the settings if you want to, just be sure to make it clear to the other drivers in the room if you are going to, or have changed anything.

For practice sessions, the room settings are always listed in the event OP, and they should match.

The specs should match our standards as stated in the details post of each event and you are free to adjust if they don't match.

If you notice some setting that's non-compliant with our event you might want to just text chat the others in the room if they are on the track and make them aware to see if there is a specific reason (most likely they just made a mistake and the setting should be adjusted). If you are alone in the lounge by all means change the setting.

EDIT: Hydro and I are in lock and step! Tree'd.

This one isn't in the Recommended Garage, so you need to buy your own and keep it stock. Feel free to paint it and/or the rims, but this will make it lose the stripe.

Any idea how many laps yet?

Not yet.
When we practice tomorrow we will decide the lap count.
The race will take about 50 mins to complete, plus a 15 minute quali session - pretty standard for our series.

My Viper is now at 637 HP, is that the maximum?

So Daniel you are subverting my conditional formatting now? :irked: I should keep my secrets I guess. :lol:

Tim, it's called a "ruggedness test" ;)

My Viper is now at 637 HP, is that the maximum?

Just done B-Spec Laguna 200mi (again but finished this time :dopey:) and have 520km on the clock and with an oil change I have 637 HP. So yes it is at Max HP :D

Wow.

So awesome 👍, just found this part of the forum!! This series looks so professionally run! Credit to you guys :cheers:

Bit of a late check in, but I can make the EU race 👍. Will get some practise in tomorrow night before bed :D

Back