GTP WRS-Online : Event 32 : Another British Invasion - Apr 18

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 63 comments
"Another race... another reason... for eatin' cookies." (cookie monster)

event32_res_eu.png

Congratz to T-L for another win... 6 for 6! 👍

Gooners and I had a great battle for all 25 laps. Unfortunately for us Litchi under cut us with pit strategy and took the final podium seat (not to mention he was just really fast and recovered from an early incident in the bus stop). Gooners and I were hunting down both Biffy and Litchi at the end though. One more lap and it might have been a "wad" for 2nd place.

Yea, this race was a challenge for me due to my off track in the 1st lap at the bus stop.

I noticed that tires of me and Biffy were extremely worn compared to the wheel drivers. DS3 is really a big handicap lol.

Anyway, after a hard work, a consistent 57' and a good pit strategy, i finally managed to catch the podium. Thanks for this race guys ;)

Congrats to T-L, Biffy, and Litchi for the top spots :cheers:.

Funny I said last night to Tim, "we haven't battled in a race for a long time", and today got 25 laps of running within a second of each other. Great battle! 3rd was definitely possible but I made a couple of silly errors near the end which made me lose time. And then on the last lap I hit Tim at the bus stop but he controlled well.

Ready for round 2 tonight :)

I noticed that tires of me and Biffy were extremely worn compared to the wheel drivers. DS3 is really a big handicap lol.

Actually I wasn't so bad on the tires, it was just on the 2nd stint I somehow forgot how to take that first corner properly and ended up constantly sliding into it, messing up my tires quite a lot. Eventually they bit me going into that kink in T2, I touched the grass and went sliding.. thankfully I had built up a big gap over you and managed to keep you out of my draft, but that was a very scary moment :scared: I also lost a gallon of time to you (and T-L) in the pits as I got reset even though I'm sure I braked right down to 96mph at the last second :ouch:

Congrats guys anyway, especially to T-L for a dominating performance, although I can't help but wonder what would've happened if I didn't make that mistake at the bus stop and lose his draft.. but anyway, great race folks 👍

Yay.. I got fastest lap! :D

Well done T-L another very good win and congrats to Biffy and Litchi for 2nd and 3rd 👍

Main lounge is open for pre-race practice. I'll be away until 6:30, but parked in the lounge.

I may not be able to make the race guys :(
Sounds like the EU race was awesome, so if I get the chance I'll pop in to see how the re-match is going 👍

Congrats Mark :cheers: That's a serious streak..... seriously :scared:

Biffy and Litchi too 👍
2nd-6th looked pretty close right up to the finish, must have been a blast!

We are going to do group quali (there are 11 here so far) so if you are 5 minutes late or so you can still quali in group 2.

I had an awesome time today! Consistent if anything! 2-9th place finishes!
Took some pictures of the E/U race thought I would share.

Al

RoadCourse-Daytona_1.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_3.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_4.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_9.jpg

Nice pictures Al. 👍

After practice yesterday I had thoughts of skipping the races today, but they turned out to be some of the best we've ever had... at least for me. I was a Class A leech in both races sticking with guys that had better pace using the draft and waiting to pounce. I even drafted/leeched my way to the best lap with a 1'55.9 👍

event32_res_na.png

Congratz again to T-L for the Wednesday sweep. 👍 We need an alien to join us soon and attempt to end this streak. T-L did have to work pretty hard for this one spending a good portion of the race out of first place, but in the end his pace wasn't to be denied.

Last edited:
Nice, fun race tonight guys. 👍 Congrats (yawn) T-L! :dopey: ...and Pekka & Tim too, but really everyone worked together to make that one hell of a fun race. I was probably the dirtiest guy out there (haven't watched the replay yet), smacking Kevin and Mohit a few times, unintentionally, so sorry for that guys.

Missed the first running of this 6 months ago, and am glad I made it tonight. :cheers:

Just realized that March 14 was the 6 month anniversary of our first weekly race! :gtpflag:

Thanks guys!! Really fun races this week! I'm amazed how tightly packed everyone was in terms of speed. Some insanely fast drivers in here! Made for many epic moments :)

The second race didn't start out as planned, I crashed a couple times, and once again sorry to anyone I may have bumped along the way. It certainly was not intentional and I will try much harder next time to ensure we all keep our paint jobs fresh. This was a tricky cat to tame and it's probably a miracle we did what we did with it.

I look forward to seeing you all again on the track real soon! Awesome job from everyone this week (as usual) 👍

Last edited:
Thanks racers for good race! This race was fun after all when i finally break that 2.00min time in quali and race. Race didn't go as i hoped but i learn a lot of this car for short time period for future races...

Congrats T-L, Pekka, and Tim for the top spots!

This has to be one of the craziest races I've ever taken part in, had another shot at the podium but threw it away like an idiot.

I wouldn't mind returning to this combo again in the future, it was pretty epic.

So Speedy, you up for doing "Yet Another British Invasion" tomorrow with our usually Saturday format twist? Or would you prefer we run something else? Or should we just skip this Saturday and focus on the enduro qualifying? Obviously next week we've got Saturday booked for the support races.

Note: if it's going to be 80+ here tomorrow as is in the forecast I may not spend a lot of time inside anyway!

Although I'm not a big fan I'm willing to do the 2-race-second-with-delay-format tomorrow. Converting into Endurance practice later on.

How does 2 x 10 laps sound?

Although I'm not a big fan I'm willing to do the 2-race-second-with-delay-format tomorrow. Converting into Endurance practice later on.

How does 2 x 10 laps sound?

Sounds like a plan... we'll host an "unofficial" race at the usual time on Saturday:

Yet Another British Invasion
Saturday, April 21, 2012
20:00 GMT | 1:00 PM Pacific | 4:00 PM Eastern​

The regs will be the same as the op except we'll use the "attack" format with two ten lap races. A short two hot lap quali will run at the stated time above. After quali the first race will be a grid start/fastest first. Second race will be grid start / reverse grid plus a green flag delay for each driver based on the gaps to winner from the first race. Overall winner is based on cumulative time from both races including any bonus deductions. Attack format will use a 65% gap factor and a 6/3/1 second bonus deduction for podium spots in both races. Pits will be closed.

You can reply here if you are interested or have questions, but also feel free to just show up. If we don't get at least 5 drivers at race time we'll just run enduro practice and test races instead. Lounge we likely be open at least 30-45 minutes prior to the time above for pre-race practice. If nobody has set up the lounge yet, feel free to set it up to specs. If any drivers are running the enduro in the main lounge we'll redirect them to the B lounge 30 minutes prior to the time listed above.

I'll plan to be there, but if the wife & family have big plans I may have to skip... I've got next weekend completely reserved for GT5 so I have to be flexible this weekend.

EDK
Yes, very good. That is your name.

Now can you tell me my name?

I can't delete my posts! Made a post then answered my own question so I went back and left that for you all! You, you evil d..k head you!

:sly:

With Aderrrm's enduro getting a full screw over from PSN and the FMSC race getting cancelled, there is a small chance I will join you guys tonight.

The regs will be the same as the op except we'll use the "attack" format with two ten lap races. A short two hot lap quali will run at the stated time above. After quali the first race will be a grid start/fastest first. Second race will be grid start / reverse grid plus a green flag delay for each driver based on the gaps to winner from the first race. Overall winner is based on cumulative time from both races including any bonus deductions. Attack format will use a 65% gap factor and a 6/3/1 second bonus deduction for podium spots in both races. Pits will be closed.

Never seen that format before looks good, I should be there tonight no sat night out for me this weekend :(

Unlikely I will make it today... On the beach right now and it's 90 degrees so not the kind of day to be inside without air conditioning. I'm sure you guys don't want to here more stories of me driving topless. :lol:

I just got disconnected the same way I did in the enduro earlier, which leads me to believe the servers are still having problems, so if I don't come back in soon then don't wait for me.

Litchi
Just the 3rd time I'm disconnected from the PSN. What happen today?

Servers must be glitching today. Probably confirms its not in any way related to laguna.

Servers must be glitching today. Probably confirms its not in any way related to laguna.

Yeah I can agree with that 👍 Laguna just has a history of glitches so it was entirely plausible.

Back