GTP WRS-Online : Event 38 : Monaco Trophy Cup - May 30

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 153 comments
I'll free up my slot for someone who is less likely to DC I think Tim. I managed to get into the lounge once but the router immediately rebooted. Now it won't load the lounge at all. Get's as far as 'Syncronising with server' and the progress bar doesn't move.

Dammit - great line-up tonight.. it'll be a great race.

Last and final reserve spot is up for grabs... last call for Hydro.

I'm salivating...:drool: Can't tell if it's the excitement to watch the stream, or the pizza sitting in front of me. :dunce:

Good luck all! Here's :cheers: to a clean race. 👍

It won't let me join the lobby guys :(
It says 15 of 16 drivers are in, but when I attempt to join it says the lobby is full :confused:
I'll try 1 last time, and skip quali, but it doesnt look like I'm in for Eu.

Have a great race, I'll try to make the NA event.

I don't know what's going on!!!
I can't sign in!! :(

This happened last night too, I was praying it was a one time thing.

Still not working.... fml

Signing in is ok, it just won't let me join the room.
Ironically, that's the 3D3 room I manage. I'm a stranger in my own home :grumpy:

See you in the NA race guys 👍
I'll see if I can catch the EU livestream.

Got disconnected from the room and when I tried to rejoin it said i'm not signed in. When I try to sign in it says a connection could not be established.
Just ran a pb of 38.452 in warm up too and was even beating that by over a tenth after t2 untill i knicked the armco :( Was really looking forward to see how I qualified, although the no tire sound thing might not have helped much. Guess it wasn't meant to be this time.
Good luck guys...

Hope to see you all there tonight (if my sign in problem goes away)!!! Was shaping up to be an epic race. I'm issuing a challenge to whoever wins the EU to come race in the NA. I'm so choked i'm not racing right now.

Last edited:
Bit of a buggery day for PSN/GT5? Weird, as I (almost) never have connection problems, and I've never been denied access to a room with an open spot showing.
Let's get 'em tonight Mark 👍

I'm out. I couldn't downshift 3 out of 4 attempts starting with qualfication so aborted after 2 laps as I almost caused a couple accidents. I'm done for a while and sick of this wheel. Good luck guys.

Ya even when I was in the room it seemed a bit glitchy.
More screen tearing than usual, and a bunch of us had no tire sound.
Not sure that had anything to do with my dc, but really strange.
Maybe 15 people from all different parts of the globe is too much for gt5 servers?
Might have to stick with the NA races from now on, we'll see how the next one goes though.

Even though we haven't run a 16 driver room in a while, It really shouldn't be a problem with a full (or close to full) room. Other series' can pull it off so I'm surprised this failed.

I'll review the 3D3 A room settings after the eu race to see if everything is in order, just to be sure for the next time we need it. We never change those lobby settings, but maybe something changed following the update.

Ya even when I was in the room it seemed a bit glitchy.
More screen tearing than usual, and a bunch of us had no tire sound.
Not sure that had anything to do with my dc, but really strange.
Maybe 15 people from all different parts of the globe is too much for gt5 servers?
Might have to stick with the NA races from now on, we'll see how the next one goes though.

We've had good event with global participation with 14-15 before so that's not the only factor. But once it starts glitching it's pretty progressive. After we reset the race when Jammy exited I had no tire sound either for the race.

I actually got a pretty good start and gained a position before I just couldn't downshift anymore. Taking the chicane in 4th gear is pretty tricky! :lol: Too much danger to those around and especially behind and this track is not a place to be stuck in a high gear.

Aderrrm has sprinted off to a 6 second lead after 12 race laps. Impressive pace for sure.

Was a very fun race. Kept feeling the pressure of GTP_orsche through the entire race. We even pitted at the same time. Unfortunately for him, my pit box was close to pit entry, so he lost time waiting for my car to park.
He kept close the entire race though. A serious **** up on my part and he would have gone past.

Sorry to Twizzy for holding him up after his first pitstop. He exited the pits right behind me. Should have pitted one lap later ;)
Tells something about the race pace of the top runners, when they still exit in front of the rest of the pack after 12 laps or so.

Was a very fun race. Kept feeling the pressure of GTP_orsche through the entire race. We even pitted at the same time. Unfortunately for him, my pit box was close to pit entry, so he lost time waiting for my car to park.
He kept close the entire race though. A serious **** up on my part and he would have gone past.

Sorry to Twizzy for holding him up after his first pitstop. He exited the pits right behind me. Should have pitted one lap later ;)
Tells something about the race pace of the top runners, when they still exit in front of the rest of the pack after 12 laps or so.

Sorry for those couple of small bumps, I had just finished my pit stop and was eager to get past. I don't think you lost any time from it, but the tire grip levels were very different making it a bit hard to judge.

Congrats to Adam, Wes, and James. In a (extraterrestrial) world of their own 👍.

I was trying to keep you behind me for as long as possible, as I was on a 1 pitstop strategy and you on 2.

Doesn't work if you're a lot quicker though.

Yes, in retrospect, I should have dove into the pits after gooners passed me. Would have allowed me to gain some time on you and it probably would have made all the difference in our finishing positions. Either way, I had fun chasing you down for the entire race.

Edit: I noticed some screen tearing as well. That might have been part of the reason my eyes were burning for most of the race.

Good race guys 👍

was good fun, I hope I didn´t hold up anybody.
Had a couple of good laps with Jammy, nice mate :sly:
Unfortunatly, in the last lap I was so suprised over the slow car in front of me, who had already finished the race, that I missed a couple of brake points and in the end Jammy got me with 10 seconds on the clock.

Well, better luck next time, still struggling with my wheel sometimes.

Cheers to everyone :cheers:

Some photos, because I remembered to download the replay.

Random order.

Q06ea.png

FyAgX.jpg

hyjfy.jpg

AoCeJ.png

bfip3.png

Pb0jq.png

Fhl5v.png

HfkNx.png

1heBP.png

orAYL.png

VLnwR.png

Good race today guys even though I was relegated to observer. Here are the official results:

event38_res_eu.png

Congratz to Adam for the pole position and wire to wire victory. Congratz to Wes for fastest lap.

Special shout to GTP_orsche (Shawn) who ran his first race in the series today and did very well. I looked at the tire condition of each driver after 15 race laps and nobody had better condition in their tires than Shawn, not even Adam. Pretty impressive stuff and decent pace too.

I made some guesses on the # of pit stops in the table above since my replay cannot fast forward beyond the 2nd lap I couldn't verify that information.

PS> Nice pics Mike! 👍

Looked like a great race by the race-in-pics [thanks, Mike]. I didn't even try to make the room with the participation. Fantastic turnout!!!!

I actually pitted twice. My fronts were going fast and I was debating whether Speedy was going to catch me by the end or not, so I decided to pit again on lap 28/29 I think.

I think I would of been ok, but the fresh rubber was nice to finish on 👍

I have no idea how I was the best on tires as I was pushing pretty hard putting pressure on DustDriver.

Still no luck....
Don't expect me for the NA race :(
Gonna go get new ethernet cord and see if that helps.

Congrats guys on the EU race. Some insane times there!

Still no luck....
Don't expect me for the NA race :(
Gonna go get new ethernet cord and see if that helps.

Congrats guys on the EU race. Some insane times there!

Yes, it obviously was a local issue on your side if you got kicked right out of PSN. At least we can't blame the "international" field. Small_Fryz got DC'd around lap 9 as well... hopefully he's not too distraught... I know first hand it was a tough race to miss.

I've completed the operation on my paddles... Waiting for the loctite stuff to set and then I'm going to test it on track and see if I can sign up for the race again. If not I'll be on hiatus for a while. :scared:

Yes, it obviously was a local issue on your side if you got kicked right out of PSN. At least we can't blame the "international" field. Small_Fryz got DC'd around lap 9 as well... hopefully he's not too distraught... I know first hand it was a tough race to miss.

I've completed the operation on my paddles... Waiting for the loctite stuff to set and then I'm going to test it on track and see if I can sign up for the race again. If not I'll be on hiatus for a while. :scared:

C'mon... loctite :D

Well the loctite wasn't the issue. That fix was actually working as all the wobble that would develop over a race in my wheel was totally fixed and hasn't been present for 8 weeks. But to fix the paddles I had to undo that fix and remove the wheel. I replaced the electronic switch, put the thing back together, applied more loctite and waited 45 minutes before testing...

So far so good... I ran about 15 laps at Monaco, beat my best lap by a tenth (1'40.224) and it only missed one shift the entire stint... and hoping it was just me that missed and not the switch. I'll give it a go and see what happens during the race.

If it holds up and doesn't start missing I'll re-confirm for the World Tour. If it doesn't then I'm on sabbatical for a few months. I may order an F1 wheel attachment. I already contacted TM about a replacement paddle set. But neither will be in time for the World Tour and I'm not driving with AT in those combos.

FYI... the main lounge is open and ready for pre-race practice. There are few of us that the mics will be enabled. I'll be AFK until at least 6:15 PM pacific, but feel free to join early and get in some practice.

PS> Shawn you have a legit shot at the win tonight... would be pretty cool in your first week... I think jtv pulled that off in January. We'll make sure it won't be easy. Let's see if the extra pressure gets to him. :sly:

I can handle pressure. :sly: If I do manage a victory, it will be due to the pieces all falling together properly. I might have qualified slightly better in the EU race but I had a few minor slip ups that slowed my lap down. Then when the race did get underway, I struggled on cold tires. Hopefully I'll be able to overcome those issues tonight.

I still expect to do the best I can though.

Back