GTP WRS-Online : Event 40 : Summer of '69 - June 13

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 75 comments
Seeing if I can make tomorrow morning (EU race) work somehow; I should be able to confirm later today.

Just going to jump in for some practice....and to break in my car :D

------------------------------------------------------

Controller setup: 1'44.1xx

DF 20/50

Transmission (aftermarket rims)
First set Final gear to 5.000 , max speed minimum
Then set the gears as follows.

F2.500

LSD 8/14/17

Suspension

45/-25
15.5/15.0
3/7
1/1
7/1

2.0/1.3
-0.10/-0.10 (-0.15)

brakes 5/7 ABS3

-------------------------

Wheel setup 1'43.739

20/50

Transmission (aftermarket rims)
First set Final gear to 5.000 , max speed minimum
Then set the gears as follows.

F2.500

LSD 8/18/22

Suspension

45/-25
15.5/15.0
4/7
2/2
7/1

2.0/1.3
-0.10/-0.15

brakes 5/7 ABS3

Last edited:
I tried Kevin's tune with 0/0 ride height as the only change and it felt pretty good. I'll give yours a try, Pekka, before the race tomorrow if I have time.

7182398525_869061139b_b.jpg

Confirmed... this is a bit of an experiment to see if I can actually squeeze the EU race before work now (with some bribery and booking ahead). If I have to bail shortly after 2030 GMT, apologies in advance.

Last edited:
Ok, next Wednesday just happens to be my birthday - I am fully expecting Kevin to get behind me and push me all the way to a first place finish! :lol:

Happy Birthday, Lin! :cheers: Haven't seen yet if Kevin has agreed to your proposed "present" yet. :lol:

After the practice races last night, I'm pretty confident going into today's races. Just have to keep it off the ice.... I mean grass. :sly:

Edit: I see the race is 30 laps. A two stop might be possible, but I think fuel could potentially be a bit of a factor in that as well. I noticed the tires don't wear as much when the fuel burns off.

That would be awesome if the race played out like the practice race last night 👍 This combo makes for great racing as there is no need to push the passing attempts in the infield sectors, just set up for passing on the oval sections.
Of course a long run into either hairpin will see a pass too ;)

A 1 stopper is possible too, but 2 is more likely the way to go. On practice laps 15/16 the times were up around 1'48-9, but didn't involve any battling so it could be tough to stretch that far in a real race.
The car always felt great though, so you never know....

^^ Nice 👍
I'll hopefully be able to get in on the EU race too...could will be close though :nervous:

Race lounge is open for pre-race practice (free run only). I will be AFK for at least the next 45 minutes, but feel free to join any time.

Here's a shot of the finish between Hydro and myself last night in one of the practice races. 0.019 margin.

roadcoursedaytona.jpg

Congratulations on win Pekka! Very exciting race.

Had the win and then lost the car on last lap :(.

Sorry to Shawn for bumping into you. I had lost control of the car.

Congrats Pekka, Marc and Mohit 👍

Early in the race (forget which lap) I noticed Marc take an unusual line trying to get around Litchi.

7369898266_3257095158_c.jpg

7369897436_b8d48dcb3a_c.jpg

7369897278_4cffce1147_c.jpg

:lol:

No fair using the Hovercraft Upgrade from GT Auto. :grumpy: :sly:

Wait! I was planning on using that for the bus stop tonight - is it not allowed? :lol:

Isn't that what's referred to as taking the "high line"? :sly:

:lol:
I figured something weird might show up in the replay. Going around the oval turns on 1 lap there was quite a bit of odd lag. Nothing drastic, but it was enough to make me back off at least once.
There's just something odd about the physics at Daytona:
RoadCourse-Daytona_7.jpg

RoadCourse-Daytona_8.jpg

MadMax is the one in the air :D

I enjoyed the race despite a few offs, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It seems like a few months ago I would have had a lot of very costly offs, but I guess now I concentrate more on staying on track!

I had an off at turn 1 early on and I thought I had time to get back on before Kevin and Lucas got there, but it was close in the end, maybe I should have waited :scared: I should have a look at the replay...

I also hit Lin at the exit of the bus stop while you were sideways, sorry about that, there was lots of room to go around you, I guess my brain froze. I ended up with damage that slowed me down for a while...

Anyway, thanks for the race everybody, and maybe now that we're moving on to another event I can finally get that Hollies song out of my head...

Summer Of '69 Results:

Resultseu.png

resultsna.png

Congrats to Pekka and Tim for the wins :cheers:
**EU race time is an estimate. I'll get it 100% tomorrow when I fill in the best lap times 👍 **
Fun Fact: Both races (including formation lap) finished within 4 seconds of each other :odd:

Back