GTP WRS-Online : Event 48 : Autumn Ring Trophy Cup

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 168 comments
Qualifying will be done when everybody is in the lounge before the racing starts, normally split into two groups depending on how many people show up

👍

FYI, our "rule of thumb" when deciding if we're going to split qualifying is if there is a hypothetical 10 second gap per driver. This track takes about 1'20 (80 seconds) to lap, thus if we are 8 or less we'll qualify in one group, otherwise split. Based on the registration list for this event we'll most likely split into groups.

There were 11 at one point in EU practice yesterday. I'd assume at least those 11 will be showing up so there will be a need to split the grid for qualifying.

I've confirmed for the EU race, but still on reserve for NA.

Interesting, Wes has signed up for reserve and isn't using pink. :odd:

I don't remember him using pink in the Monaco races either, or was he even in those?

At that time I wouldn't have known because I never saw him on track. :lol:

Edit: He was in the EU Monaco race with a red Clio as well. I'd expect the wheels to be pink... maybe. :sly:

I had the lounge setup and I was running a practice lap by myself when I got a sudden DC with message "You have been disconnected from the lobby server".

Restarted the PS3 and now PSN won't let me in. :scared:

Looks like I'm out. I was in the lounge about an hour ago and got booted. Been trying everything to get the PS3 to connect to PSN without luck. Internet works fine... I'm actually posting this from the PS3 browser. Must be my regional PSN server doesn't like me.

I've confirmed for the EU race, but still on reserve for NA.

Interesting, Wes has signed up for reserve and isn't using pink. :odd:
Duh, I don't have the pink car.

Have fun guys. Network problems and it's not worth it. I'll follow Speedy's feed.

Too bad as my first lap in the room cold was 1'21.1.

Here are the EU quali results:

event48_quali_eu.png

Last edited:
Well that sucks, got booted from PSN :indiff:

I was wondering what happened as I got back to Speedy's live feed and you weren't there. I've been getting booted all day long from PSN, but otherwise on my PC no internet problems (nor on the PS3 browser). I did a ping and speed test just to be sure and everything is rock solid.

It's the first race in a year that I've missed due to internet issues or PSN so I guess I should consider myself lucky.

Looks like Wes and gooners are in a battle for the win in your absence, but hard to make out exactly who is on what strategy.

Sorry about today guys, had a few proplems 2 weeks ago but like I said to gtp_orsche I gave it a shake/clean and it was fine until today... definately sending it back over the next couple of days so I guess I will see you in a couple of weeks.

Lie, lie, lie..I only did 1 pitstop. It's just that Pekka said 2 or 3 confused me.:P
Nice battle Mohit.

Sorry about that James.

I had to replug my pedals about 5 times in that race just to keep the gas pedal functioning properly. Had a slight off on the first lap of the race accelerating out of the loop that dropped me back to last but with the pace everyone was running, I doubt not going off would have made any difference in the results for me.

If someone with an NTSC replay would kindly upload a copy that would be appreciated. From watching parts of Speedy's feed it appears SnowCrash did 2 pits and probably Porsche, based on the way they passed Speedy when his tires went away. Not sure who tried 1 or 2 or anything else, but curious.

I think I'm 50/50 at best for the NA race

Give me about 20 minutes, I'll get you the replay.

I did 1 stop on lap 21/41.

Edit: In fact, I think I was the last driver to make the first pitstop.

Last edited:
I too am curious about pit stop strategy... guess I'll watch the replay.

:cheers: Porsche.

As expected, this one made it possible to do both strategies and both seemed to work about equally well. I knew from the beginning I was going to make 2 stops, because my estimate said it was faster by a fraction, and although traffic was probably going to slow me down, I didn't really like the prospect of babying the Clio around the track for laps and laps.

Started out in 4th and managed to hold position at the start. For the first 3 laps I managed to hold Wes's tail (mainly because he didn't get past Pekka/MadMax right away). Pekka then ran wide after the esses, and Wes and I slipped past. He pretty much instantly vanished up front immediately then. Mohit edged closer all the time and when I ran a little wide at one point, he took my spot. After that he was just a couple of tenths faster each lap. I settled into my rhythm when I suddenly realised that I was running 2nd. Twissy had gotten disconnected, and Wes had apparently made an early stop.

I pitted after lap 13, fell back to P8, and tried to put in some fast laps to make up the time for the extra stop, because Mohit had apparently decided on a 1-stopper. Around lap 20 all of the ones on that strategy pitted, and as was to be expected, that put me ahead of Mohit, but quite unexpected, also in the lead, although I knew it probably was temporary. I was ahead by about 8 seconds at that point, which meant I was about 5 behind Mohit on strategy. He caught up with me little by little since he was on new tires now, and in his wake he brought Wes with him. I don't know why Wes was behind at that point, but maybe he got caught by traffic. On the last lap of my second stint (lap 27), they finally both overtook me, Wes sticking to Mohit's back on older tires, and I dropped back to P7 after the stop. I knew that meant I had to overtake to gain any more positions, but fortunately I had the fresher tires on my side. I was able to take back 3rd position with about 4 laps to go and it was pretty clear I couldn't catch Mohit who was in 2nd by that point, so I took it easy the rest of the way.

08_08_12.png

Good race guys! Congrats Wes!

Sorry for your DC James.

JB, didn't I tell you you could watch the race in the lounge but you couln't exit the lounge untill the race was over???
DC'ing is one thing and out of that particular person's control but leaving the lounge gives us racers two messages which pop up and distract us during our race.
Keep it in mind for next time please.

I just hope I don't get stuck listening to the race countdown music again. :ouch:

At least this time I know I can just turn off race bgm and I'll do it on the formation lap instead of waiting until the pitstop.

15 guys in the lounge, and it's saying room full. Do we need to move to mic-disabled GTP_3D3_A?

Back