GTP WRS-Online Event 5 : 1(11) Yea(R)s - February 26, 2014

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 196 comments
We have to just keep trying, or give up. Raging out like the GT6 forums are doing is not going to help (I'm not saying anyone here was...).

No plans from me to give up, the short time I was in the NA race was fun. I unexpectedly got to participate in the EU race so that kind of made up for the early exit from the NA race. Don't worry, I won't turn the WRS forums into a PD complaint thread, plenty of threads in the general GT6 forums doing that. I probably should have taken a few minutes to let my frustration cool down before posting. GT5 certainly had its issues, and over time PD did fix most of it, hopefully GT6 will get fixed too.

Guess what??? :confused: The new Seasonal Events have just jocked our style. :eek: They are using the 111R Race Car on a version of the track we are using this coming week. 👍 Maybe PD does look at these forums for ideas. 💡

First of all congratulations to @Daniel Pinho for his nice win in EU-C , he made no errors and had a comfortable advance. I'm pretty happy with my 2nd place but so sorry that @JimmyHenry got DCed, we were engaged in a nice battle.
I made some mistakes in the beginning losing 2 times 6 sec on Daniel, after that I could manage to stay on the same time-gap until I had to lap the back of the race where I lost some time also. I realised than that I had to protect that second spot and started to lower the pace and take less risks.

There were some annoying things happening when I approached or was in close racing with other drivers, there wasn't a fluid motion and sometimes I saw opponents further away than they actually were. Pictures of cars right in front of me and a fraction later they were 100m further away.
I don't know if it is viewable on my replay but I'll get a look when I'll have more time later.

I want to finish with thanking @WRP001 for the hosting and make us all possible to race.

Guess what??? :confused: The new Seasonal Events have just jocked our style. :eek: They are using the 111R Race Car on a version of the track we are using this coming week. 👍 Maybe PD does look at these forums for ideas. 💡
I dunno if they take inspiration from the WRS but I've just used my car and tune from the TT to go top 50 with out really trying in a total of 3 laps

First of all congratulations to @Daniel Pinho for his nice win in EU-C , he made no errors and had a comfortable advance. I'm pretty happy with my 2nd place but so sorry that @JimmyHenry got DCed, we were engaged in a nice battle.
I made some mistakes in the beginning losing 2 times 6 sec on Daniel, after that I could manage to stay on the same time-gap until I had to lap the back of the race where I lost some time also. I realised than that I had to protect that second spot and started to lower the pace and take less risks.

There were some annoying things happening when I approached or was in close racing with other drivers, there wasn't a fluid motion and sometimes I saw opponents further away than they actually were. Pictures of cars right in front of me and a fraction later they were 100m further away.
I don't know if it is viewable on my replay but I'll get a look when I'll have more time later.

I want to finish with thanking @WRP001 for the hosting and make us all possible to race.

Thank for your compliments. By the way, you have the track best lap, congrats on that.
About EU-C room, I believe that consistence helped a lot with the Lotus. Just to let you know, I was actually racing against you all the time. On 1st tunnel exit I was capable to see our split times. My car was always off ground there but I kept an eye on you time. :nervous:
I tried some regular laps but than, the gap was reduced. In the end you made me "drive it like I stole it" all the time.

Event 5 was awesome. Thanks to everyone who I race with.
Thanks to WRS Team and thanks Tim.

Last edited:
I had a great race, my first podium so i am thrilled. As oposed to last race where i went off, throwing away the battle for the podium.
Luckely for me @PASM didn't practice that much so as @skyline1683 already explained he had a rare off which allowed me to close the gap on Skyline.

I was suprised off myself hammering those lap times whitout overdriving the car and myself, even managed to hold the gap to @WillRacer31 arround 20 seconds for some time.

In the end i had such a gap in front and behind me so i didn't push anymore.

Was great racing as always hard but fair, see you next week on track 8)

Laid my self-declared unfinished business (after the EU race) to rest with the AU race. I spun 3 times in the EU race and had good fun pushing to make up time. Unfortunately Koen got affected by my mistakes 2 times. I'm really sorry for that!

In the AU race I could find a good rythmn and luckily keep it on the track for the whole race :D Good driving everyone, especially @mohamed karim and @BuzzDryver , who were gracious in blue flag situations.

See you guys at the next race!

Being my first online experience, I found track physics and car handling a lot different from the arcade time trials. There were points where I had trouble on the trials (e.g. first turn after the first tunnel) but had no problem online, and points where I sped right through on trials and ended up doing 1080 degree spins!!

It was lots of fun tho' and look forward to participating more!

Rick
D4B,G27

Being my first online experience, I found track physics and car handling a lot different from the arcade time trials.

It's always been the case, I really wish they were more consistent with each other (especially as I seem to always do much better with time trial physiscs :-)). My best lap in TT was a 1:22.1xx but in the race yesterday I was lucky to get a lap under 1:26.xxx and I think my best lap set in practice was around 1:23.8xxx.

Still quite happy to get sixth yesterday by crawling slowly around the track trying to avoid accidents (mine and everyone else's). I agree with Kevin that there were times you came into a corner with the same speed, gear and braking points with wildly different results to the previous (and subsequent) laps.

It's always been the case, I really wish they were more consistent with each other (especially as I seem to always do much better with time trial physiscs :-)). My best lap in TT was a 1:22.1xx but in the race yesterday I was lucky to get a lap under 1:26.xxx and I think my best lap set in practice was around 1:23.8xxx.

Still quite happy to get sixth yesterday by crawling slowly around the track trying to avoid accidents (mine and everyone else's).

That's normal, TT's are done with tyre wear off and no cold tyres, in online you have the tyre wear and start with cold tyres.;)

Results
gt6-event5-eu-results-png.121227

gt6-event5-na-results-png.121228

gt6-event5-au-results-png.121229

gt6_005_140227_merged_results-png.121226

Congrats to Will (@WillRacer31), Richard (@See23), @Daniel Pinho , Andrew (@doodlemonoply), and Bart (@PASM) on your wins! :cheers:

Congrats to the rest of the podium getters as well. 👍

This is for See23's first win:

Great/lucky race for me against @Allibubba99 and @otxjto (oh and 3.25sec separated @Bleached and I in different races). :cheers:

Still quite happy to get sixth yesterday by crawling slowly around the track trying to avoid accidents (mine and everyone else's). I agree with Kevin that there were times you came into a corner with the same speed, gear and braking points with wildly different results to the previous (and subsequent) laps.
Yeah! Coming to the turn just below the last tunnel, I made it around the first couple times. But ended up kissing rock the next couple times!! Surprised myself when I made it around turn below the last slope. Had to keep braking there in TT's.

That's normal, TT's are done with tyre wear off and no cold tyres, in online you have the tyre wear and start with cold tyres.;)

Actually I meant relative to other drivers, I know the lap times are slower for everybody but for me it seems to have more of an impact than most. Part of it's probably experience and being able to adjust to the changing tire grip throughout the race. Right now I just lift off any time I feel it going out from underneath me, whereas I know some of the drivers can keep the foot down and are fast enough to correct with steering alone.

I'm not only sad to see I finished dead last, but embarrassed because of how I finished dead last. I really thought I had a good chance of finishing well in that race, but no, my connection had other plans. I am not happy.

Back