GTP WRS-Online : Event 51 : Gettin' Groceries In Style - August 29

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 43 comments
Took a while to process the results today... Got out of the lounge and looked at my inbox and it was like a bomb went off... Emails piled head high. Took me this long just to get through those, forget the follow up work that's required.

Anyway, congratz to Mohit for the win.

event51_res_eu.png

I was actually a lot more competitive than I expected, especially in a car that requires saving tires a little and pushes... that's usually my major weakness. Now if I can just manage to enter pit lane without slamming into the divider I might have a better result. :dunce:

I watched the replay and I did notice one thing that needs pointing out. Lap traffic needs to obey the blue flag rule as stated in the OLR. Be especially aware and vigilant in following this rule in the closing laps of the race when the leaders are closing and in a tight battle for the win.

Here's what it says in the OLR:

Drivers that are about to get lapped have to make sure not to interfere with the lapping cars. Slow down on the straights on either side of the track or maintain the outside line during cornering. If for whatever reason you happen to be on the inside line when being overtaken, stay on the inside line until all drivers that were about to lap you have passed.

This is the *minimum* you should do (are required to do) at any point in the race as a lapped car. But IMO, at the end of the race with a battle for the win closing in on you, your better off going to the extreme and making sure you are out of the way even if it means pulling out of the way completely before entering a narrow/technical section.

Lounge is open for pre-tank race practice.

Don't let EDK catch you calling these wonderful Italian vacuum cleaners "tanks". He took quite an offence to it in the TT thread!

I'll be there just after 9:30...

Sorry, I have to cancel for tonight. My gf organized a late afternoon party, but some guests haven't left yet...

:cheers: Congrats Mohit on yet another win!

Week51NAResults-1.png

Happy that I broke the 1:00 mark on a best lap, unassisted by my canon firing in reverse. :dopey:

Last edited:
Congratz you guys and Mohit for another win. I really finished 6 laps? I thought I parked after 2. :lol:

It was about 85 degrees in my office, I told my wife I wasn't going to race and changed my mind to her chagrin and then had 3 offs in the first couple laps and figured I'd cut my losses and bail. Sorry about that. I had no concentration whatsoever from the start of quali through the time I pulled in the pits.

:cheers: Congrats Mohit on yet another win!

Week51NAResults.png

Happy that I broke the 1:00 mark on a best lap, unassisted by my canon firing in reverse. :dopey:

Something's off about this table. I'm quite sure my quali was a 1:02 or 1:01 and that at no point in the session did I do a 1:00.

As for the race, I was basically fighting Al after Tim dropped out. Had to pit early (lap 22) because the fronts were shot but figured to have 6th after Al cycled through. So did it play out, and I was managing the tires to my satisfaction, reeling off a series of easy 1:01s while keeping the tire temp out of the red. I was assuming Al might have a speed advantage late but was hoping to pull enough of a gap to encourage him to burn up his tires trying to narrow it. He did come through about 5 laps from the end and was doing lap times good enough not just to keep three of the sharp-end runners in his rear view but to actually pull a gap on them. Good job on his part for capitalizing on what I'm assuming was a relatively late stop.

Yes the quali times are not matched to the correct drivers. Hopefully Lucas can fix or I will just update tomorrow.

Table fixed. Only zippy's and WRP's quali times were reversed.

Sorry 'bout that.

I watched the replay and I did notice one thing that needs pointing out. Lap traffic needs to obey the blue flag rule as stated in the OLR. Be especially aware and vigilant in following this rule in the closing laps of the race when the leaders are closing and in a tight battle for the win.

Here's what it says in the OLR:

This is the *minimum* you should do (are required to do) at any point in the race as a lapped car. But IMO, at the end of the race with a battle for the win closing in on you, your better off going to the extreme and making sure you are out of the way even if it means pulling out of the way completely before entering a narrow/technical section.

To be honest, the fact that GTP_StraffeStef did not handle correctly is my bad. He asked me what to do incase he got lapped. The answer I have given him was probably incorrect, as I told him to just stay on his line (like we do when we run multiple classes in the endurro's) and stick to the driving line.
It has been sorted out now, he now knows how it works...

Thanks guys, and congrats to Wes, Pekka, and Jon x2 for the podiums.

The first race was more interesting, there was always someone to battle it out with.
In the second race I managed to build a lead, and it got a bit monotonous, but Jon started catching me and that briefly sparked the race, till he made a couple of mistakes and fell back.

Can't wait for next week, thanks guys :cheers:.

Sorry, I think I set my alarm but I didn't turn it on.:dunce:

Back