Don't know if it's broken in yet. :scared:

EDIT: Sent in 1/0/0 condition.

Last edited:
Speedy6543
I can send it to you now. :)
Don't know if it's broken in yet. :scared:

EDIT: Sent in 1/0/0 condition.

Thank you. Speedy response as usual cheers

I'm on my way to the lounge for EU practice. Right after my oil change after 53 laps on Indy in B-Spec.

Daniel sorry for sending the car that late. Had a very long day at work. Hope it was on time for the EU practice race.

@everybody. Curious about the laptimes.

See you all tomorrow

Snowcrash ran a 1.29.9, but he's a) GT Academy finalist, and b) not racing tomorrow.

A bunch of us are around 1.30.5 - 1.30.7

I was running 31.2-4 consistently. Sounds like the right split to D3 from Mohit's D2 pace :)

I am off to the lounge for N/A practice. Come and join me!

Al

No one in the lounge with me yet? Again! I guess because there are only 3 confirmed drivers. I have to leave. See you tomorrow

Al

Last edited:
OP has been updated with the following.

Event Settings

• Laps: 36 (+1 formation lap)
  • Start Type: Formation lap + Staggered rolling start
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to 110% Average lap (100 sec)

Formation Lap

• Speed limit on formation lap is 45 mph / 73 kph and pole sitter should maintain this speed (or less) to keep pack together, in particular in the final sector.

We did a couple races with formationlap and rolling start.
Speed limits we used were a bit to fast IMO so I reduced the speeds for the race.
New speedlimit for the formationlap is 100kph/62mph and for the final sector 73kph/45mph.

See you on track! :gtpflag:

Snowcrash ran a 1.29.9, but he's a) GT Academy finalist, and b) not racing tomorrow.

A bunch of us are around 1.30.5 - 1.30.7

Thanks

That surprised me

OP has been updated with the following.

We did a couple races with formationlap and rolling start.
Speed limits we used were a bit to fast IMO so I reduced the speeds for the race.
New speedlimit for the formationlap is 100kph/62mph and for the final sector 73kph/45mph.

See you on track! :gtpflag:

To be clear. During the formation lap we have to approch the start/finishline at 73kph/45mph or slower?

Especially the pole position car needs to stick to these speedlimits.
The rest needs to follow as close and smooth as possible.

Yeah the start is a bit tricky as the braking zone is downhill, which adds a few meters to your braking distance.

So be careful :).

Especially the pole position car needs to stick to these speedlimits.
The rest needs to follow as close and smooth as possible.

Thanks Chris

Yeah the start is a bit tricky as the braking zone is downhill, which adds a few meters to your braking distance.

So be careful :).

If you ask me, it's not only the first corner but the whole T1, you have to be careful. Even when you on your own, it's hard enough to take that S smooth. A small bump in that S with lots of traffic can turn out in a big crash.

See you guys later tonight

Should be there tonight, probably in the room early to get some practice in.

Congrats Dennis,Mohit and Pekka with the podiums,thanks to all who raced.
Jon and Chris made it a exciting race for me.

Jon with a zero stopper and Chris on my tail for 35 laps.
I hope I was not a to much racing roadblock for you Chris.:scared:

See you all next time.:)

The pack:
twinringmotegieastcours.jpg

Congrats on your first official win Dennis! You already beat the crap out of us in the Saturday races. :)

Mohit and Pekka for the other podiumspots. 👍

Impossible to overtake without the one in front of you making a mistake!
Nice nervewracking race you gave me there Sjaak. :D

Here are the results.

17_10_2012rrr_zps32d38c6c.png

Here's the National Anthem of The Netherlands!

Last edited:
Great win Dennis! Very fast and consistent, even on worn tires.

Nice battle Pekka 👍. Always fun, and glad to get to dice with you almost every week.

Looks like there were some great battles at the back too :).

Thanks for organizing the event admins. Speedy, you switched around Pekka's and mine quali laps, thanks :D

I haven't had any practice online with this car and I won't until 9pm tonight. Hopefully it's not too much of a handful.

I haven't had any practice online with this car and I won't until 9pm tonight. Hopefully it's not too much of a handful.

It's pretty much drive in and go, especially if you put even a little amount of time in the GT Academy.

mohitraina91
It's pretty much drive in and go, especially if you put even a little amount of time in the GT Academy.

Yeah, the tire choice makes it interesting but quite manageable. I had less than 10 minutes of practice.

I'll get that turn 2-4 complex right one day...

I had a really fun race. Jon eventually took advantage of my weak spot on the track, after I'd been trying to stay ahead for several laps; it was all on again after the pit stop shuffled us a little, when Paul had a gap in front of me, but was within sight - the gap was ebbing and flowing for something like 16 laps. I think his tires faded a tiny bit faster than mine, and he'd pitted a lap or so earlier, because I started making up time in the last few laps. We passed a recovering Jon in the second last lap, IIRC (zero stop tires), and it came down to Paul running a bit wide out of turn 1 in the last lap - there's no real passing zones after that before the finish line. Very schweddy stuff!

Was mostly happy I managed no major spins or offs (plenty of minor errors and squirrely moments, of course). I might be convinced to try a no-stop on another go at the full race, but wanted to err on the side of caution with no practice or long run tests. I actually liked the relative lack of draft effect, because most of the tenths gained and lost were purely from the corners.

I think my car was the pinkest :D

Last edited:
Got booted from the lounge when the race ended. Can somebody either send me the replay or post it?

I don't think I touched you there Al but if I did, please penalize me!

Got booted from the lounge when the race ended. Can somebody either send me the replay or post it?

I don't think I touched you there Al but if I did, please penalize me!

You didn't touch me Phil, it was my fault. I am very sorry, I tried to hold it but got 4 wheels on the grass and the rest is history. I had a blast racing in traffic with you guys, even if it was only 5 laps. I rarely get to run in a crowd of cars and that's why I suck at it! Another great qualifying session waisted!

I will have pictures up tomorrow sometime, I am off to bed.

Al

You didn't touch me Phil, it was my fault. I am very sorry, I tried to hold it but got 4 wheels on the grass and the rest is history. I had a blast racing in traffic with you guys, even if it was only 5 laps. I rarely get to run in a crowd of cars and that's why I suck at it! Another great qualifying session waisted!

OK, I feel better now :) I didn't even think about it until later in the race when Speedy caught me on fresh tires, he was "jumping" back and forth in my mirror, indicating a lag issue. I then thought "of no, I must have done the same with Al". The subsequent contact between us was too bad, but that part was a racing incident. We're all good then :)

Jon and Pekka: Thanks for the respect on the last lap! 👍 I had the fronts worn down past half and it would NOT turn. I enjoyed the last lap battle and greatly appreciated that neither of you ran me over :) I was looking forward to watching that on replay...

Back