GTP WRS-Online : Event 60 : GT Out of That BRZ before you FRS - Oct 31

• Thread starter Ealirendur
  • 49 comments
Congratz Mohit. From what I understand you won, but I couldn't see Pekka who finished less than a tenth behind the entire race so I'll take everyone's word for it. :lol:

FYI, Mohit served his 5 spot grid penalty from the last event so it was a good come back.

I jumped in pretty much dry so was just there for the fun of it and it was pretty fun. I made a few mistakes, but worst was trying to bump draft Speedy and hitting him too early on corner exit and causing him to almost lose it into the pits. Sorry about that. I was so bad in the first corner there was little point passing on the straight so I just figured I'd try and push us back to Jon.

I was losing 0.7 every lap in the first sector, but pretty competitive in the other sectors... turns out I was running 97.9% power so down about 5hp... that contributed some, but my terrible approach to the 1st corner was the biggest issue. :dunce:

I won't make it tonight as I'll be taking the kids out "trick or treating". Unlikely I'll make it next week either. Maybe the Saturday races this week... depends on schedules.

:cheers:

Congrats Mohit!

Pekka and Shawn for the podium!

Yes Tim, you nearly had me going there :lol:, heartratewent up instantly up to 200bpm I think. Saw that pitwall coming and tried everything to get to the other side of the track. Fortunately I could recover with minor timeloss. :) I saw you were faster in the second part of the track and was thinking of letting you through untill I saw how bad your first turn was. :P :) Good to see you back! 👍

Here are the results of EU:

31_10_12.png

Sorry Frank but wrong parts are wrong parts. At least you're set up correctly for the NA race. See you then. :)

I have no problem with my DQ, fair is fair. Altough I had a very good race.... I hope I get a decent revenge in the NA race.

Sorry Frank. Note that your DQ messed up Team Toyota's monopoly at the bottom of the results. :lol:

Can't even begin to describe that race.

Great battling Pekka, as always! Really wish two people could share win, I just got lucky that I got the slipstream on the last lap.

Great job Shawn on the podium. Always there in the hunt. 👍

Great job everyone else tonight.

Thanks for organising Speedy, even if GTP was down for sometime :cheers:.

Congrats on the win Pekka!

Amazing podium Shawn!

And to everyone else for coming out, there was great racing all around :cheers:.

This combo has to go into the Hall of Fame.

This combo, and especially these cars, need to be used again.

Congrats on the win Pekka, and to Mohit for getting the other spot on the podium after 25 laps of extremely close, clean racing. 👍

Congrats to Pekka, Shawn, and Mohit on the win and podiums.👍

Frank, Jon, Christophe, and myself had some great clean racing.:cheers: We were constantly two wide or on each others bumpers it seemed. Christophe it was fun working together to get Frank. Frank sorry to do that to another Subaru factory driver but it was team orders.;) Great job by everyone. As Mohit and Shawn said, this combo goes down as a classic. It reminded me of online racing on Prologue, when the PP system worked, in Ford Focuses, Minis and the like. Excellent racing. I would love to see these cars again.

Another great race, deffinitely worth a revisit.

Congrats Pekka!

Shawn and Mohit on the podium!

1_11_12.png

Sorry Scott, gearbox had to be default.

Aside the faulty gearbox we had some good teamwork going to get back to Frank after our mistakes. I saw us closing in lap after lap and was hoping we'd get there, so there was really no place for error then. :nervous:

Next pic shows how close I was on hitting Jon in the middle of his 'spin'. :crazy:
GrandValleySpeedway.jpg

Yeah, I understand Christophe. It was my fault for not reading the original post thoroughly enough. I apologize to all the competitors. I certainly wasn't looking for an advantage, just an honest mistake.:guilty:

Yeah, I understand Christophe. It was my fault for not reading the original post thoroughly enough. I apologize to all the competitors. I certainly wasn't looking for an advantage, just an honest mistake.:guilty:

Sorry Scott, maybe not so nice of me to say this, but somehow I am happy this just happened to you, now I don't feel that 'stupid' anymore :)

Both races yesterday where big fun, these cars are very fun to race in, GVS also contributes to the close action racing. I watched the replays, troughout the field there were intense battle's goin on. I did not make a single mistake in the second race, and scott and Christophe who did needed to make a big comeback. Smart as they where 👍 they teamed up and by doing so they could catch me 2 laps before the finish line.

Very happy about both my preformances, as in the past I always started in the back and stayed there alone for most off the times. In the past weeks I have practised a lot to be able to keep up the pace in online races and I dare to say my hardwork payed off. I know these type of cars benifited this aswell.... but hey you gotta start somewhere ;)

I will probably attempt the saturday races, as it just was to much fun :dunce:

Stunning pics as always, Al.

Especially like the scenery in the 10th pic.

Keep up the good work.

A lot of nice pictures, like the one in the tunnel, even the background is crystal clear.
I am a long way from making such nice shots, I **** in using the photomode.

A lot of nice pictures, like the one in the tunnel, even the background is crystal clear.
I am a long way from making such nice shots, I **** in using the photomode.

Thanks everyone!

I **** too, I went back and looked at my progression in respect to quality and framing the shot. I was surprised how far I have come and when I check out the photo threads on this forum I see that I still have a long way to go. Please anyone take photos and post them, we can learn from eachother. A fresh perspective on what you see and how you frame your shot inspires me to look further into capturing a racing moment! Also keep in mind I use photoshop to enhance the photos, it makes a huge difference in image quality.

Al

Back