GTP WRS-Online : Event 69 : The RUF Cup - January 2

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 68 comments
Really enjoyed that peeps.. Very nicely organized 👍 I was really happy with how the 1st stint went.. Moved up to 1st after Chris fell off on lap 2, and had pulled out around 8 seconds to Bart, and was feeling comfy with the car.. He left the pits before me while I was still fueling up.. This spooked me a bit :scared: I was worried that I had taken on too much fuel and spent too long in the pits.. I drove a bit scruffy for a few laps and Bart was opening up a gap.. I kept pressing on hoping that he would have to take on more fuel, which he did... Lucky for me.

So once again I was back in 1st but with Bart catching me with new tyres.. I was pushing as hard as I could on my worn tyres and had a little off at the hairpin which cost me about 6 secs.. Bart was right on me after this and breezed past with his fresher rubber.. I was really kicking myself after that off, but then a few laps later, Bart back into the pits for more fuel.. :crazy:

After that I just had to keep the car on the track for the last 2 laps.. Really enjoyed the racing guys 👍 Looking forward to the next one. :)

Congrats Dan!

Wes for third. 👍

First thing we know now is GT5 can't calculate fuel on other settings than 'normal'. 👎
This threw off a lot of people here. Sorry for that guys.

02_01_13_zps336a89f8.png

I'll get a bit of sleep now and will be back for the NA Race. :)

This one is for you Dan (since you are a first-time winner).

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Dan!

This one is for you Dan (since you are a first-time winner).

I was aware of the fuel calculations being off from checking out the thread from last weeks race at Daytona.. I took on 84 liters I think.. Was probably a little too much but I was playing it safe. :sly:

👍

I was aware of the fuel calculations being off from checking out the thread from last weeks race at Daytona.. I took on 84 liters I think.. Was probably a little too much but I was playing it safe. :sly:

👍

Same here, me and Stef tested it, so we knew what we were gonna be slow because of longer fuel pit times,(and my USUAL mistake ofcourse) but we probably would benefit from those who came in shortage of fuel...

I'm going to open the lobby early guys. About 15 minutes from now (7:45 Eastern).
I haven't run a single lap in this car...no surprise there, it's my MO lately :nervous:

Congratulations on the win Dan 👍 Nice driving mate.
Moved up to 1st after Chris fell off on lap 2...
It seems to be a bit of a tradition with me to throw it in the wall during the early laps... but it was fun chasing from the back for a while and during my 2nd stint, I managed to get back up to 3rd from absolute last. But ignorance is bliss they say and with such blissful ignorance, I ran out of fuel on lap 22 and had to crawl all the way round a lap to refuel... still didn't put enough fuel in then either and, after setting the fastest lap and un-lapping myself, I ran out again on lap 25!! :lol: I never even look at the fuel gauge, the game having always previously calculated the fuel required... so when I ran out, at first I thought my pedals were buggered haha. :P Still, it was good fun while I was chasing from the back and a good re-introduction to online racing if not a resounding success. :cheers:

First thing we know now is GT5 can't calculate fuel on other settings than 'normal'. 👎
This threw off a lot of people here. Sorry for that guys.

We've been advertising this issue since we first ran a race with the "Fast" setting at Laguna in November:

WRP
So a warning to everyone taking part in the NA race tonight:

When we use "fast" fuel consumption you cannot rely on the recommended amount fuel (at least until that's patched). We are assuming the system is using "normal" for the calculation which left most of us all well short and confused and doing an extra pit stop or running out of fuel or both.

We use the same boundaries as the TT, but in the context of a race a few minor offs are excusable. As long as drivers don't make it a habit in a gainful way it's not a huge deal.
However, in Quali's if you were to go wide there you would be expected to lift a bit to compensate for the missed boundary.

Last edited:
Congrats to Speedy for the NA win :cheers:

NARuf.png

And to Wes for the 1 stop 2nd place, and Jon for 3rd.
Fun race guys 👍 Another Sjaak Classic :D

We use the same boundaries as the TT, but in the context of a race a few minor offs are excusable. As long as drivers don't make it a habit in a gainful way it's not a huge deal.
However, in Quali's if you were to go wide there you would be expected to lift a bit to compensate for the missed boundary.

I started to watch the replay and noticed that several guys were making a habit of it.
If there's no replay of qualifying, how do you know who was keeping it clean there?

I started to watch the replay and noticed that several guys were making a habit of it.
If there's no replay of qualifying, how do you know who was keeping it clean there?

As with a lot of our rules we count on the honesty of the drivers.
I clipped the inside curb there during my 2nd quali lap and went pretty wide on the exit so I just bailed on the lap. I'm sure anyone else would have done the same, or at least lifted.

Damn! If I hadn't lifted in the last lap of the NA Race to save fuel I would've had the best overall racetime. :crazy:

Congratz Chris with your win and a nice video. About the overall win, you've got it 👍

Congratz Chris with your win and a nice video. About the overall win, you've got it 👍

Huh? I don't get it :)

Maybe he means the combined win?
With a second place finish in EU, and the win in NA he would win in the thoeretical points category ;) but we don't count that at all, so you still have the Fastest race finish win Dan 👍

:lol: at that conversation starting at post 49

I always try to keep the vids neutral. No names, no places.
Thanks to a tip from Jon (JTV) I now know how the switch to hood or roof view without any on-screen info popping up. 👍
Mistakes and overtakings are what I look for in the race. :)
Only in the last fragment the winner is shown across the finish.

It was a nice vid.. Captured all the action 👍 Who was that clown drifting the last turn and handbraking over the line? :sly:

Back