GTP WRS-Online : Event 72 : Celebrating WRS Week 100 TT : January 23

IMPORTANT NOTE: Last minute rule to avoid unsafe diving into the pits.

You must enter the pits at or under 130 kph / 80 mph. If you enter too fast the AI will cut the entry chicane and/or hit a wall. If you enter too fast or the AI hits a wall you will incur a 10 second penalty (added to your race time).

Will update the details post above after the EU race.

NOTE: Every driver will be asked to check at least one other drivers replay for safe entry after the race before results become official. I suspect most drivers will do 1 stop, but the rule applies regardless of how many stops are taken.

Pit Checks Done
  • GTP_orsche (76 mph)
  • GTP_Speedy6543 (73 mph)
  • GTP_Hasslemoff (72 mph)
  • GTP_Kreezydoed (76 mph #1, 71 mph #2)

Last edited:
Pit Checks Done:
  • GTP_WRP001 (77 mph)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pit Checks "Close Calls" but we're giving the green flag:
  • GTP_gooners_17 (134 kph)
  • GTP_MadMax86 (132 kph)

130123_eu_gooners_pit_speed_zps18e11a84.jpg

130123_eu_madmax_pit_speed_zps0feb2c9f.jpg

Both of these pit entries were slightly over the limit at the moment the AI took over (as shown in the images above), but it was very close.

However, because this was a last minute rule (which did not allow people to practice pit entry) and because neither driver greatly abused the entry (neither car hit a wall or went off track once controlled by AI) the admins have decided to green flag both pit stops.

For future events where we have pit entry speed limit there will be ample notice (prior to Tuesday practice) and a single screen grab showing speed above the limit on pit road will be enough to incur a 10 second penalty even if it's just one tick of the speedometer for one frame. It's will be up to the driver to make sure they give themselves enough buffer.

With that ruling the results are official:

event72_res_eu_zpsc02048e5.png

Congratz Mohit!

Pit entry checks:
  • GTP_WRP001 (110 km/h -- someone else please verify)
  • GTP_orsche (90 km/h -- followed me into pits so had to slow extra)
  • GTP_MadMax86 (132 km/h, 124 km/h)
  • GTP_Allibubba (116 km/h)
  • GTP_JTV (101 km/h, 124 km/h)
  • GTP_gooners_17 (115 km/h)
  • GTP_Speedy6543 (122 km/h)

Everyone checks out.

Assuming someone verifies my entry above and there are no incident reports, here are the results and combined results:

event72_res_na_zps3c98c1eb.png

event72_res_combined_zps96573a22.png

Last edited:
Congrats Mohit(EU) & Tim(NA) on your wins.
Just a minor error in the results, I had a 3rd stop going onto the last lap, no point checking the entry speed as I was just out of fuel and only slightly above 80kph.

Good job guys. Unfortunatly didn't make the EU race, really sad I missed this one :(
At least I was able to see half the race on Speedy's stream, thank you.

Hope to see you soon on track again 👍

Nice Vid, looked you had a great race.

Definitely, that is if you consider being hunted at close range by Shawn for 20 out of 28 laps great. :lol: Just kidding, it was great and Shawn drove super clean... impressive that he followed so close and in the entire race, even on worn tires and with Pekka often on his tail, I can only remember one minor tap of no consequence. 👍

The EU race stint 1 was equally close for a while with me playing the role of hunter and Pekka the rabbit. But my tires wore and he got away... then gooners somehow jumped us both and drove off into the sunset. It was more fun to win. :dopey:

Yeah, I think I tried a pass going into turn 5, realized it wasn't going to work and tried to put myself as far onto the apex curbs as possible but I still slid into you a bit. That's when Pekka overtook me briefly but I held my ground and took it back. The margin of victory would have been closer if I hadn't overshot the tight left hander before the hairpin on the final lap.

I followed you into the pits knowing your pitbox was further up pitlane than mine was so I wouldn't get slowed down by your car turning into the box. I think I slowed too much on the entry, and after we were both out of the pits, I originally thought my strategy had failed. You pulled away and then when Pekka pit that final time, I suddenly started catching up quickly.

I probably could have taken 5L less fuel but I decided on 62L before I pit, thinking you would take a little bit more.

Yeah, I think I tried a pass going into turn 5, realized it wasn't going to work and tried to put myself as far onto the apex curbs as possible but I still slid into you a bit. That's when Pekka overtook me briefly but I held my ground and took it back. The margin of victory would have been closer if I hadn't overshot the tight left hander before the hairpin on the final lap.

I followed you into the pits knowing your pitbox was further up pitlane than mine was so I wouldn't get slowed down by your car turning into the box. I think I slowed too much on the entry, and after we were both out of the pits, I originally thought my strategy had failed. You pulled away and then when Pekka pit that final time, I suddenly started catching up quickly.

I probably could have taken 5L less fuel but I decided on 62L before I pit, thinking you would take a little bit more.

I took exactly 62L like you. I did get away a little on fresh tires in that second stint. With 6-7 to go I missed a downshift to 2nd in the hairpin before the long back straight and you cut about a second into my lead and got my draft which I was trying to avoid and had successfully up to that point for the entire second stint. I knew I wouldn't lose you once you got in the draft.

Our simultaneous off in the first stint was pretty funny though. You could have gotten me there, but followed me in the sand. :lol:

I definitely seemed to be impacted by worn tires more than you and Pekka. It wasn't that much tire wear as the video showed we were similar, but it impacted my speed more for some reason. Same thing in the EU race. In that race I was all over Pekka for the first 8-9 laps and I think I was faster... but couldn't make a clean pass... then when my tires wore down Pekka was pulling away quickly and Mohit started reeling me in. In that same race I pulled away from Pekka after pits on fresh tires (after short pitting him... well, he long pitted himself out of a win i think and mohit short pitted himself into first).

Anyway, I really enjoyed the battles in both races. I know with a better passing opportunities you probably would have won, but I'll take it.

The slipstream has terrible effects sometimes. :lol:

I think there were a couple other moments where you lost traction out of corners, but due to my proximity to you, all I could do was slow down so I didn't bump into you.

Back