GTP WRS-Online : Event 78 : Fuji(Nissan) GT(-R) - March 6

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 59 comments
What sort of lap times where people getting in practice? Would be useful so I can get up to the pace whilst I do some practicing now.

The fastest lap was 1:42.1 but that was in a slipstream, in clear air I did 1:42.6 and after about 10 laps with worn tyres I was in the 1:44 range :)

Hey guys, gonna join in some of the fun tonight, I don't mind starting from the back, need to get back into the swing of things anyway

Hey guys, gonna join in some of the fun tonight, I don't mind starting from the back, need to get back into the swing of things anyway

:cheers:

It's live qualifying starting at 20:00 GMT so no need to start in the back unless you are late in which case starting in the back is fine. 👍

PS> Bandit's night just got a bit more difficult. :scared:

:cheers:

It's live qualifying starting at 20:00 GMT so no need to start in the back unless you are late in which case starting in the back is fine. 👍

PS> Bandit's night just got a bit more difficult. :scared:

It definitely did! :scared:

The lobby is open for pre-race practice although I'll be AFK for a while.

Just a final warning guys... since we're using FAST fuel consumption, don't add the recommended amount of fuel on your stops. You'll need to figure it out yourself.

My calculations show about 5.5L per lap meaning add at least 82L for the entire race (32+1 laps). You can maybe add less based on less consumption for the formation lap and less fuel consumption in draft, but do so at your own risk. Also, your fuel consumption may vary if you are really pushing the car for two stops versus saving your stuff for one stop. So don't blame me if you add 82 and run out or if there's too much left in the tank at the end.

Good luck!

Ill be in the lobby at around 7:30 GMT at the latest I think.

That was a fun race. A few different pit strategies made it interesting. I did 2 stops and took on a total of 77L of fuel and it was just barely enough. Looking forward to tonight race!

Al

That was a fun race. A few different pit strategies made it interesting. I did 2 stops and took on a total of 77L of fuel and it was just barely enough. Looking forward to tonight race!

Al

I ended up taking 78L after looking what was left in the tank after 2 stints. Finished with a little extra, but not much... never went red. I was worried I had made a mistake after my pit stop and thought I might run out in the last half of the last lap, but it worked out.

Well I just got a BIG lesson in pitting and how much fuel they give you. I was shooting for a one stop pit. My tyres were still good enough to make it. :indiff:

Again I'm so sorry about the start. I tried to avoid the guy in front of me and I ended up in the grass and no where to go.

Hope to do well on Saturday. Going to give them a run.

Results are not official because a few incidents are being reviewed. It will most likely take a day or two before these incidents are properly reviewed.

Last edited:
The pack,13 cars 👍

1h5clu.jpg

2i0rb03.jpg

zwx2lu.jpg

35k5ojn.jpg

25anndc.jpg

Great shots Sjaak.

When I get back I am going to post a video of the last 3-4 laps in the NA race. So much fun. Any of the top 3 could have easily won.

Here is a video of the last 4 laps of the NA race and the battle for the top 3 spots:

I was experimenting with the overlays... let me know what you think.

PS> A bit of a shame Jon and I ended up with the same color. I should have stuck with white.

Holy crap 3-wide into turn 1! :drool:

Way to bring it home, Tim. 👍 Didn't look easy, with Mohit attacking on the final lap.

Yeah great racing guys, good advertising for clean WRS racing. welldone all 3 👍

Great video Tim! Good close racing, the way it should be 👍

I actually had a question I was gunna ask that occurred during this race. If you are a lap down from the leader and he is behind you, of course you need to allow him to pass. But I was in a battle with Holty, i think it was, and I think we came out of the pits a bit ahead of the leader if I remember the situation correctly. I had the feeling that if I let off a bit to allow the leader to pass, I would lose too much time, and fall behind the battle.

Whats the ruling for this?

I actually had a question I was gunna ask that occurred during this race. If you are a lap down from the leader and he is behind you, of course you need to allow him to pass. But I was in a battle with Holty, i think it was, and I think we came out of the pits a bit ahead of the leader if I remember the situation correctly. I had the feeling that if I let off a bit to allow the leader to pass, I would lose too much time, and fall behind the battle.

Whats the ruling for this?

You can wait a few moments for a safe place to allow the leader to pass, but it shouldn't be long. You have to lift and both drivers should if they are close. The battle may be temporarily interrupted, but the leader should be cognizant not to screw it up for you guys too.

I noticed that on Twissy's bumper cam video and was getting a little anxious just watching that you both were putting his race at risk. If he had been battling closely with the guy in second it could have cost him the lead.

It's a bit of a gray area in terms of exact timing, but you still need to observe the blue flag "promptly"... definitely two laps is too much. If the other driver you are battling doesn't give way also he is risking a penalty.

I would have liked to see you allow Twissy to pass earlier and the follow him back to Holty and when Holty lets Twissy by you are back in business. (Or visa versa if Holty is behind you).

It gets even tougher in a case like this because you guys were on better tires and so the pace difference wasn't too significant.. Twissy wasn't getting too good a run in you in the final corner so it was a tough situation and didn't end badly... Probably cost Twissy 2 seconds, but had you guys crashed battling and Twissy was caught up in it because he was stuck behind for so long that would have been bad.

EDIT: If you watch Twissy's bumper came video above fast forward to 40:00 and you'll see where you guys come out of the pits (I assume that's you). That first lap is fine as Twissy is not really close enough for you guys to lift. He doesn't get a good run on the final corner so you guys are a good distance on the entire straight and turn 1. Had he got a better run I would have like to see you guys let him by. Where it gets dicey is on the next lap (42:00). In 100R you guys are battling side by side and losing control and Twissy is lifting... that's where something bad could have happened. Twissy got by at the hairpin, but it doesn't really look like either of you let him by... it was more a mistake by both of you that he took advantage of... Had he not got by at that point it would have been near black flag time IMO. As it was he was really only held up badly through turn 2 and 130 R so the result wasn't too bad.

Last edited:
EDIT: If you watch Twissy's bumper came video above fast forward to 40:00 and you'll see where you guys come out of the pits (I assume that's you). That first lap is fine as Twissy is not really close enough for you guys to lift. He doesn't get a good run on the final corner so you guys are a good distance on the entire straight and turn 1. Had he got a better run I would have like to see you guys let him by. Where it gets dicey is on the next lap (42:00). In 100R you guys are battling side by side and losing control and Twissy is lifting... that's where something bad could have happened. Twissy got by at the hairpin, but it doesn't really look like either of you let him by... it was more a mistake by both of you that he took advantage of... Had he not got by at that point it would have been near black flag time IMO. As it was he was really only held up badly through turn 2 and 130 R so the result wasn't too bad.

Yes, had the tyre difference not been there I wouldn't have hesitated to let him pass much sooner, but I could see that I was breaking away from him out of most of the corners due to the fresh tyres, and I thought it might get more out of hand if he had passed, only for us to be right up next to him. Notice after he makes his pass, after the next straight, I actually caught up to him in slipstream, but deliberately slowed down to allow him to stay in front of me (meaning that holty was able to pass me on that corner I believe.)

At the point where he was able to pass at the bottom there at the hairpin, I saw he had pulled up close to me, so I came a bit wider in that one to let him through.

In future I'll ensure to slow up earlier though, apolagies.

EU Race update

After receiving requests to review the start of the EU race where Twissy was able to gain 2 positions before turn 1 and subsequently take the race lead, the Admins have made the following decision:

Gooners (Pole position) accelerated just after crossing the start / finish line with Bandit (2nd in quali) following Gooners lead. Twissy (3rd in quali) however started to accelerate before both leading drivers and was able to pass both cars almost immediately.
It appears that Twissy anticipated Gooners crossing the line and took that to indicate the start of the race, however the rules do not allow for that type of start:
  • The pole sitter should start the race by accelerating to race pace at the identified start marker (track specific and may or may not be the start/finish line).
  • All other drivers should accelerate after the driver in front of you does so.
  • No passing is allowed before the start marker.

The important issue here is that the driver on Pole Position really does start the race as per the rule I've bolded. Had Gooners missed the start marker by several seconds for whatever reason, he would have essentially broken the first rule listed above and no action would be taken.
The Pole sitter does not get to decide where to start the race which is why we list a starting point. The pole sitter by default does however get to accelerate first and in this case that did not happen.

As a result Twissy has been assessed a 22 second drive through penalty for jumping the start which drops his final position from first to third overall as reflected in the now official EU results table:

event78_res_eu-1.png

The combined results are as folllows:

event78_res_combined-1.png

Last edited:
Ahh, sorry to see that happen Twissy, so I guess congrats go to WRP for the win by default :)

Also, I had an awsome battle with Holty towards the end of the race, so I decided to do a commentary of the battle for added epicness! Lemme know what ya think.

oink83
Also, I had an awsome battle with Holty towards the end of the race, so I decided to do a commentary of the battle for added epicness! Lemme know what ya think.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vsApROkM9c">YouTube Link</a>

Great battle between you two 👍. Especially impressed by the awareness you guys showed for each other out on track.

Back