GTP WRS-Online : Event 84 : Revving is Racing - April 17

Nope. I'll miss both streams.. I land at midnight and won't be home until 2 am.

Ooh, sounds killer. I figured out that twitch deletes old streams unless you tell it not to, so I lost the "archives" of the first few races I streamed, but from now on they will all be saved, so you can always watch the replays should you please.

I'll make sure I'm there, didn't notice the lack of admin when registering.

My friend requests are not yet answered, so i cannot into the race, or ?

So i´m out for the week.
Have fun :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the lesson, was fun to see, second online race ever.
As in the TT´s have to learn much ;)

Forgot to link the stream here! oh bummer. Well it will be up for the race later on so you can check that one if you missed this race.

PS. Sorry it was a bit messy first half of the race, I think you span out Kreezydoed, and I thought that I hadn't done anything in the wrong, but if it was my fault, just say, because if it was, I should have stopped.

Great race guys! Congrats to Wes for the win and Matthew for 2nd!

Intense race, with a lot of side by side battles with Jon and Tidgney :cheers:. Never thought these FF Civics will give such a great race.

Great race, everyone :cheers:

I'm really pleased with my second place finish, plus an awesome duel I had with Wes early on in the race. However, my decision to stop twice may have cost me any chance I had of actually winning this thing. Well done Wes, well-deserved win. 👍

I have to say, the oversteer of this car with a full tank was murder, it nearly caught me out a few times, and it caught out Tidgney and Jon a few laps in leaving Wes, me and Silver out in front.

Hopefully I'll see you all for the NA race later on tonight :)

Was a fun race.

Was a moment on the first lap where I saw Paul go off at the end of T2, but his car lagged and started to slide across the road infront of me, then I spun. I think it made me hit somebody else as well, but can't remember who. So, sorry about that.

Wasn't anybodies fault, just a lag issue at the wrong time.

Practicing last night I changed tires and got a full tank of fuel and went back on the track and every single lap coming off the kerb at the end of the main straight the back end just kept going North no matter what I did. Very frustrating I have to say. Driving on worn tires too reminded me more of some of the ice/snow time trials than driving on a track :-o

I know we're trying to stay true to the TT but the grip felt a lot stronger in the TT and my lap times in the lounge with tire wear set to fast were at least 1-2s slower on fresh tires. The level of control with Sports Hard on the rear is pretty much non-existent for someone at my level once the tires are worn too.

Lap times are always around a second or so slower online, because of tire wear and real grip reduction.

My advice, take is easy when tires are new. After around 4-5 laps the car becomes decently grippy. Till the tires start dropping off.

Was a fun race.

Was a moment on the first lap where I saw Paul go off at the end of T2, but his car lagged and started to slide across the road infront of me, then I spun. I think it made me hit somebody else as well, but can't remember who. So, sorry about that.

Wasn't anybodies fault, just a lag issue at the wrong time.

Agh, damn it. Yes, I have this like, once every couple hours lag spike, so sometimes it happens during a race if I'm unlucky. i remember the exact time it happened, just before the last turn. I was hoping it didnt effect anyone, because (and I cant remember who) was close in front of me, but from what I could figure out I hadn't hit them. Really sorry if it screwed you up there.

Edit: NA Race Livestream Feed is...well, LIVE! http://www.twitch.tv/oink83

Last edited:
Forgot to link the stream here! oh bummer. Well it will be up for the race later on so you can check that one if you missed this race.

PS. Sorry it was a bit messy first half of the race, I think you span out Kreezydoed, and I thought that I hadn't done anything in the wrong, but if it was my fault, just say, because if it was, I should have stopped.

Yeah mate, was no fault of yours, just lost it in the middle of the fight, but it had me directed the opposite way and lost a lot of time. Was fun up to then.

Don't know what it was yesterday, but i had the gibberies coming to the first corner every time, and never felt comfortable there.

Thanks Mohit. You were unbelievably hard to shake off, and it took luck in the pits plus maximum effort for 20 laps to pull away by even a few seconds. Respect for making my third win easily my hardest yet 👍

Thanks for the racing guys, had some great battles with a few people across both races so good stuff. Here are some photos, which I guess can be for that photo competition. Havn't really bothered with it before, but oh well!

GTP_oink 1 - Not the last lap!

GTP_oink 2 - Cutting it fine

GTP_oink 3 - Pink vs Blue

Grand Valley East by oinkoink8383, on Flickr​

Sorry Pekka...I just couldn't help myself snap some shots of it! :sly:

Here are the EU race results ,

event84_res_eu.png

NA race results

event84_res_na.png

and combined results.

[I
event84_res_combined.png

I learned a lesson (the hard way) during EU race - do a pit stop. :lol:

Thanks to those laps on worn tyres I could short pit and leap a few position during NA race.
Which I mostly gave back before reaching checkered flag.

Nice shots Paul. 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
The NA table is incorrect, I believe. It doesn't list a driver as starting in 5th place and has two drivers starting in 9th place. Although that +1 in my row looks nice I think that I started in 7th and ended in 7th.

I had two major screw ups or I'd probably have +1 or better there. :(

Sark

Also, in the combined results, it incorrectly highlights Mohit in the EU race as having the fastest race lap (should me in the EU race) and quali lap (should be Wes).

That first sector was just killing me, no matter what I did I just couldn't control it on cold tires so I was hosed for the first four or five laps on new tires.

Interesting stats on qualifying. I was 1.8s behind pole, of which I lost over 1.6s in T1 (8th out of 8). In T2 I had the fastest time and T3 I was about third. Part of it may have been due to using chassis reinforcement which made the car more unstable on the slide around the first hairpin. I'll know better next time.

The NA table is incorrect, I believe. It doesn't list a driver as starting in 5th place and has two drivers starting in 9th place. Although that +1 in my row looks nice I think that I started in 7th and ended in 7th.

I had two major screw ups or I'd probably have +1 or better there. :(

Sark

Also, in the combined results, it incorrectly highlights Mohit in the EU race as having the fastest race lap (should me in the EU race) and quali lap (should be Wes).

I'll work on fixing those results shortly.

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
Back