GTP WRS-Online : Event 86 : Indyfinity - May 1

To clarify to what happened in my race (well...my pace was pretty far off everyone elses, literally had 1 afternoon plus a bit before the actual race to practice the combo since I got back from holiday) But I think the first thing that happened, is because I have to use the DFGT not my usual G27 (it's faulty had to be sent back) it isn't hard mounted, and I must have pushed the brake a bit too hard, and the whole pedal set slid off the mounting board, so until I pitted after first stint, my pedals were at about a 45 degree angle and it was not easy at all to drive the car.

I did manage to make a few positions, JTV made a mistake or 2 and I think I worked up to 7th behind pekka, closed the gap up after I started to break away from Speedy, then JTV moved in a bit closer to me and on the big right hander on the speedway heading towards the start/finish, I got a couple of seconds lag out, which projected all the cars in the same direction they were going when the lag occured, which meant instead of turning the corner, Jon went in a straight line and T-boned me straight into the wall, when the lag finished, he was half way down the straight, and I got some damage to the car. Jon obviously didn't realise what had happened and so stopped and waited (was really hoping you would carry on Jon, as you said after, you didn't hear or see any collision, so you should have just gone on, I kinda mucked it up for you).

Just as Silver said, got me frustrated that I was at the back from things like that so didn't have a great race. Hoping NA race later on I can put in a better run. Thanks for the first stint though, those of you who I raced with, had some great battles with Speedy, Al and JTV at various times.

9 confirmed right now.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I'm needed, I can be in the lounge within 5 minutes of being notified. Otherwise, good luck everyone. 👍

9 confirmed right now.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If I'm needed, I can be in the lounge within 5 minutes of being notified. Otherwise, good luck everyone. 👍

You don't fancy racing yourself anyway? ;)

Stream is now live anyhow, so perhaps at some point you can check up on the race: http://www.twitch.tv/oink83

I'm on my way now. I did enjoy practice yesterday.

Sorry about your DC Shawn. Your quali lap (1:36.873) completely cold without even a warm up lap was pretty impressive. 👍

Sorry about your DC Shawn. Your quali lap (1:36.873) completely cold without even a warm up lap was pretty impressive. 👍

I didn't expect to qualify that high up. On that lap I set my fastest, I was up on your time at T1 but I lost it in the left-right after that.

Not sure what happened with my connection. It had been reset not too long before I joined. I saw it coming as cars started jumping and I was lucky that there was enough room around me so no one would get caught up in it. Then I got punted by my own lag somehow and two minutes later I was gone.

I didn't expect to qualify that high up. On that lap I set my fastest, I was up on your time at T1 but I lost it in the left-right after that.

Not sure what happened with my connection. It had been reset not too long before I joined. I saw it coming as cars started jumping and I was lucky that there was enough room around me so no one would get caught up in it. Then I got punted by my own lag somehow and two minutes later I was gone.

A total nightmare. Such an annoying way for a race to end for anyone really. As Tim said, was a super quick quali, really nice job.

Thanks for the racing today guys, had good fun in both races. Look forward to seeing you all next week.

Here are the NA results. Best lap goes to Pekka. 👍

event86_res_na.png

And combined results:

event86_res_combined.png

I think I had a very good chance of beating my EU total race time, but it was more important to save fuel as I made a bonehead move and put in 2L less than I wanted. I probably had enough in the end, but I was worried sick for 16 laps about it and was trying different things to save a bit here and there.

Great combo... looking forward to visiting this one again some day.

PS> Oink, nice lap... you improved over a second in best lap from EU to NA and 26 seconds overall... That's almost a second per lap! 👍

It is always a downfall when you can not race, but at least the stream is fun to watch....altough sometimes when I watch it, I think: damn what a fine race, and then youre disappointed again youre not racing :grumpy:

Yes, first 1 don´t have time to start and then i´m ready and the internet isn´t. :ouch: Compared my times to the race, it could have been a nice race and the combo was awesome ! :)

PS> Oink, nice lap... you improved over a second in best lap from EU to NA and 26 seconds overall... That's almost a second per lap! 👍

Thanks mate. Didn't have the best of races in EU, pace was a bit off amongst other things, but pulled it together for NA (funny how I perform better at 3am huh :confused:). Enjoyed the combo alot though, great car.

I hope we revisit this combo again in the future!!!! I had a awesome day of racing!

Had some great clean battles on track, totally enjoyed the whole TT to racing this week!!!!!!

I can't wait for the Academy race!

Al

Last edited:
I hope we revisit this combo again in the future!!!! I had a awesome day of racing!

Had some great clean battles on track, totally enjoyed the whole TT to racing this week!!!!!!

I can't wait for the Academy race!

Al

I'd like to revisit it as well considering I only raced 25% of the NA race. :lol:

Since there are such warm feelings about this combo... is anyone up for a Saturday Attack format race this Saturday after the Academy races? Around 21:00 GMT?

Since there are such warm feelings about this combo... is anyone up for a Saturday Attack format race this Saturday after the Academy races? Around 21:00 GMT?

Good Idea... I'll set up the thread again if there is interest. Although I think I have a baseball game so can't make it myself.

PASM

Im definatly interested in running Sarurday night. I should be about the wifes out and kids will be in bed around then :)

Registrations are open for a Saturday Attack format of this event here.

GTP_WRS Online : Saturday Attack Races

The lounge will be setup for Infinity after the completion of the Academy which is approximately 20:00 GMT, but please follow the above thread for a post when the lounge is ready. Someone from the academy will post when that event is complete and the lounge is ready.

Sorry.. I lost connection last night. Was doing pretty average to be honest but oh well.

Sorry.. I lost connection last night. Was doing pretty average to be honest but oh well.

No need to apologize for something outside your control. Better luck next week hopefully. Or join us Saturday for a rerun in attack format.

This combo should be quite good for reverse grid with the draft passing... Especially given it is a staggered release setup. I'm really hoping to make it.

It was amazingly hard to pass with three drivers, but easy with two... Odd!

It was amazingly hard to pass with three drivers, but easy with two... Odd!

I've mostly found that to be that case, unless the cars have a lot of power. You just end up being the third wheel to the two guys up ahead :lol:.

Back