GTP WRS-Online : Event 86 : Indyfinity - May 1

I'll get the lounge set up for practice right now. Give me a couple minutes and it will be ready.

Lounge is ready for practice. 👍

So good news. Just found out I won't have a morning shift on thursday. That means 2 races for me!

So good news. Just found out I won't have a morning shift on thursday. That means 2 races for me!

👍

I also marked down Tidgney for reserve as he said he may or may not make it depending on timing. EU could have a very nice grid indeed.

I won't be streaming tomorrow due to technical difficulties with the connection today... but I'll do some testing over the weekend and try again next week at practice to see if I have better luck.

Ill confirm now on the signups to make it a bit clearer on numbers.

Going to run some practice in about 45 mins.

Been calculating some race strategies, theoretically, a 1 stop is 19 seconds quicker than a 2 stop. Hope this helps;-)

Could not make practise last night, Going to the main lounge now for some last hour practise, feel free to join.

I just signed up as reserve.
Only had a couple offline laps of practice last week as the TT was running so I'm sure I won't be very competitive compared to the rest of the field but why the heck not, huh? :D

EDIT:
I'll see in the lounge compared to the other times if I'll set up my livestream as well. :rolleyes:

I just signed up as reserve.
Only had a couple offline laps of practice last week as the TT was running so I'm sure I won't be very competitive compared to the rest of the field but why the heck not, huh? :D

There are still 7 hours practise left, should be no problem for you, join me in the main lounge :)

I'm about to set of to the May fair her in Bruges with the misses and my daughter for the afternoon. I'll try and be in the lounge as soon as I can.

I'm about to set of to the May fair her in Bruges with the misses and my daughter for the afternoon. I'll try and be in the lounge as soon as I can.

Only kiddin' Christophe, enjoy your misses, daughter and the good weather. see ya later.

I don't think he was planning on eating them?!

:)

First did a solo full race practise, and then a second one with pekka, tried out both strategies, this might be a quit exciting race tonight. Atleast I'll come prepaired ;)

Forgot to sign up for this earlier, hadn't seen the grid :scared:

Yup, looks like a doozie!

If things stay as they are we'll play it safe we'll run in my lounge to support up to 16 and with mics-disabled. I've sent friend requests to those on the registration list who are not yet on my friends list:
  • GTP_Silver
  • GTP_Caine
  • GTP_Kreezydoed

I'll open the lounge at about 18:00 GMT and make a formal announcement at that time. Unless we get a bunch of cancels we'll certainly be running without mics.

Have to cancel my entry guys,something came up.

Great combo,yesterday I practiced two full races:crazy:

Have fun tonight.👍

My router is down.. i hate it! Was so excited to start seems i have to watch the stream again :grumpy:

My router is down.. i hate it! Was so excited to start seems i have to watch the stream again :grumpy:

It is always a downfall when you can not race, but at least the stream is fun to watch....altough sometimes when I watch it, I think: damn what a fine race, and then youre disappointed again youre not racing :grumpy:

OK, with 12 confirmed, but the possibility of 16 we're using my lounge.

Race Lounge: GTP_WRP001

The lounge is open now.

PS> If you don't mind have a quick peak in the 3d3 lounge on your way in and let me know if anyone is in there.

group 2 just starting quali... if anyone wants to start in back they have about 5 min to join.

I tried to make it home, even had oversteer coming in on the drive lol! But unfortunately a few drivers just were going to slow on the way home, I was literally going nuts lol. Nevermind enjoying oinks stream instead 👍

I tried to make it home, even had oversteer coming in on the drive lol! But unfortunately a few drivers just were going to slow on the way home, I was literally going nuts lol. Nevermind enjoying oinks stream instead 👍

I went nuts right now, I didn't race in order to watch the bayern match, which turned out to be unwatchable and unenjoyable and soo boring.

Not talking again, "we" just scored 2 goals in 5 mins, great

Last edited:
well, disappointing result but by far the best race yet for me.

ran out of fuel, last corner last lap... karma for laughing at ren last week!

again, too hard on my tyres to 1 stop, but by god was it fun fighting my way back through on fresh tyres at the end, 12th > 7th and on the last lap, getting up on the tail of 6th through the double hairpins only to end up plum last by the flag :(

well, disappointing result but by far the best race yet for me.

ran out of fuel, last corner last lap... karma for laughing at ren last week!

again, too hard on my tyres to 1 stop, but by god was it fun fighting my way back through on fresh tyres at the end, 12th > 7th and on the last lap, getting up on the tail of 6th through the double hairpins only to end up plum last by the flag :(

Yes the last lap i saw you closing in on fresh tyres while i was on my 17th lap on this set :) Was happy to be able to keep everyone off and it was also one of my best online races. As said before, wonderfull combo wich alows very close racing without to many risks. Except for the occasional mayhem in turn 1, wich I was happy to safely pass :crazy: Thanks for organizing, so sorry I cant make the NA race, have fun tonight guys 👍

My race could have been alot worse but I'm still not happy. When you make a mistake so early on, you try and make up for it and end up making more mistakes. I hoped after the stop it was going to get better but I crashed again...anyway congrats to Twissy and WRP.

It was a really fun race. Here are the results:

event86_res_eu.png

I stuck it out in Twissy's wake as long as I could (until he short pitted) and even got best lap in a leach-like sort of way! :lol:

Silver would have been right there if not for the early mistake. Although I have a feeling with the two of us battling Twissy would have gotten away earlier. I upped my BB from 3/6 to 6/10 the last couple laps the first stint.

And then I came out of the pits not far behind Twissy, but JTV was in his wake so I tucked in behind JTV... I went to put BB back to 3/6 and got all tangled up. Ended up doing a couple corners with ABS 0, one with ABS 0/5 and combined with cold tires that lost me a good chunk of time and allowed Caine to catch up and draft me... we went side by side into turn 1 costing more time... at that point Twissy was 4 seconds ahead and I was out of his draft. JTV went off and I snuck by and got away from Caine, but Twissy was gone. I tried to keep the gap the same, but he slowly inched away... some laps I'd take off a couple tenths, but most I lost a couple tenths... ended up under 6 seconds back at the end which is more than I can usually say.

:gtpflag:

Back