GTP WRS-Online : Event 89 : SSuzuka - May 22

• Thread starter Speedy6543
  • 85 comments
I stopped in lap 9 only changing tyres to be lighter which worked out quite well, then I stopped in lap 17 refueling 45 litres but then ran out of fuel right before the chicane in the last lap which cost me one position. The problem you had is that when tyre wear/fuel consumption is on fast you can't trust the system on fuel so you have to judge for yourself. I think my strategy worked out quite well but i think a 1 stopper could have maybe been a little bit better.

Whilst you will be a tad lighter going for no fuel, since the tyre change takes time, you actually can fill 15 litres without wasting any more time than it takes to change the tyres, so it is probably recomended to do at least 15 litres, which would have saved you a bit of time on the next pit stop.

Whilst you will be a tad lighter going for no fuel, since the tyre change takes time, you actually can fill 15 litres without wasting any more time than it takes to change the tyres, so it is probably recomended to do at least 15 litres, which would have saved you a bit of time on the next pit stop.

I know i will probably do that next time but gaining 5 positions going from 15th to 10th i'm still satisfied with how i did. And in doing that i think i was just a bit faster on acceleration than jtv so i'm still happy.:)

For those of you who have less time to prepare and get frustrated by fuel mistakes, I almost always post information on fuel for these events. I did this week also so no excuse!

OK, confirming that we are going with 24 laps (+1 formation) and Fast tire wear / fuel consumption.

For those of you who don't want to figure it out yourself, I'm getting a tiny bit over 6L per lap. Meaning with 25 laps including formation you'll consume ~151L and since you start with 100L you'll need to add 51L during the race. Add a couple liters if you want some insurance as your mileage may vary.

A one stop is possible, I ran 12 laps in a stint practice, but it'll be really tough to make that strategy faster... you will need to save the rear tires from the start and maybe use a front bias on the breaks. I would imagine most people will do a 2 stopper.

Remember you get 15L free in a stop, so if you do a 2 stop, put in at least 15 in the first stop and save at least 15L for the 2nd stop otherwise you are just costing yourself time.

Now if you want to go on the razors edge, do your own calculations and compute it to the last liter... add one less if you are feeling really brave and if the 0.6 secs saved is really worth it to you.. :lol:

For those of you who have less time to prepare and get frustrated by fuel mistakes, I almost always post information on fuel for these events. I did this week also so no excuse!

Now if you want to go on the razors edge, do your own calculations and compute it to the last liter... add one less if you are feeling really brave and if the 0.6 secs saved is really worth it to you.. :lol:

I know i was just trying something you know this was only my second official race and first one with fueling.

I know i was just trying something you know this was only my second official race and first one with fueling.

Totally understandable. I think I ran out of fuel about 3 times in a row or something when I first started! Never again I say! (Except a couple weeks ago, woopsy! ;))

Signed up reserve for NA and if my slow bus would hurry up I might actually make it before quali. :cheers:

Mohit had the lounge up and running already, so 2 of us there already :) Ill be afk for a bit but I'll just stay in the lounge.

Sadly have to back out for the race, sorry guys. Was looking forward to this one, felt I could improve on my EU race, and it was looking like a good grid!

This is why living with parents just is never a good thing...:banghead:

It's looking like I won't even get to the PS3 until 7:15-7:25pm. :(

I'll send a PSN message when I get on and if Tim/EDK respond to come in, I will, otherwise I won't bother barging in, with the assumption that the race has started.

Lucas... we're about to start quali... we probably won't start the race until 7:15... I'll be looking for a PSN message and we'll wait to start race if you are on by that point.

OK, it's 7:15 and I don't see you online so we're starting. Sorry Lucas!

Here are the NA results:

event89_res_na.png

And the combined results.

event89_res_combined.png

Funny, my times are almost the same as I got collected in someone else's crash in 130R (this time Litchi) and T-boned them both times sustataining engine damage that lasted nearly to the start/finish line and nearly at the same lap. Talk about consistency. :lol:

Tomorrow I'll have to show side-by-side shots. :lol:

Good racing guys, really enjoyed this combo.

firstly what a great race, really really enjoyed it! Several great battles throughout the race. Top 3 were gone at the start so was fighting over 4th. Had a good battle with fastas, but he eventually managed to pull away a little. Saw WRP made the undercut on me at the 1st stop so was pushing quite hard to try and stop him jumping me.. and well made a mistake at t1 :( so that was me down to 6th. During the second stint I was chasing down WRP and was closing ever so slowly, then met MJ after his 1st stop and managed to end up on the grass 2 or 3 times, all my fault trying to pass and get back up with WRP. I decided to make my last stint the shortest, as the 1 stoppers tyres would be getting old by the end, and I came out from my 2nd stop behind Oink.. who gave me my best battle yet in the WRS. I think every lap we changed places once or twice, it was obvious I was faster, but every time I passed him, I overcooked it and ran wide letting him back through :D great fight right to the line! I was really helped out by the fuel issues people had, really I deserved at 7th / 8th place finish in that race. However on paper I should have been right up there with WRP + Tidgney fighting for the podium.

So a great race, but still disappointed with 5th and the gap to the leader :(

Congrats to all podium finishers, well done :)

I had a realy hard time driving this car.
5 seconds between my best lap and the best lap of the top drivers.
This car just didn't give me the feeling that I could go faster.
Do you guys think a change in the break balence could improve my time?

Thanks in advance

Celinis

Celinis

Thanks in advance

Celinis

Changing BB will help very little in this combo. Actually I didn't change mine at all.

Most of us practice quite a bit for each race. This includes tire wear testing, getting used to how the car handling changes throughout a race, and some practice races.

I encourage you to practice for the races on your own a bit. Also if you can make it, every Tuesday at 7 pm GMT. Official practice is on at that time, where you can lap with other people and run in short practice races.

Also you get better with experience. Every driver here can vouch for that.

Thanks in advance

Celinis

Are you using any sort of aids?

You really need to feel what this car is doing, and traction contol will really mess you up, as it takes power away when you need it to correct a slide.

How well do you know the track? How much practice time did you put in?

Most of these drivers would have either put several hours into pratice on this combo, or will have run countless laps at this track in similar cars.

If you saved the race replay, you should watch from some of the fast drivers to see what they are doing differently from you.

If you did not, you should check out the results thread for the time trial. You can download replays from drivers in your same game region and watch them.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=282596

Welcome, hope that helps. 👍

Thanks in advance

Celinis

Agreed with all of the above! Practice can really make a huge difference. You will often see drivers in lower divisions getting great results above drivers in divisions above them, and that's because they have put in the time on track to get used to the car/track combo, and come up with a good race strategy.

Celinis,

It wouldn't hurt to attend the academy on Saturday either. There is usually an instructor in the room before the race that will do a sample lap with instructions and tips and be willing to answer questions on technique and observe a few of your laps. Stick around after instruction for the D-League race (which is a shortened version of this race without tire wear).

Running the time trial the week before the race is the single best way to get up to speed and compete. Several shorts sessions over the span of 7-8 days is much more effective then trying to cram all practice in the day before the race. A bit each day, post splits to the TT and see how you compare and where you are losing time... ask for tips there and work on them with your ghost. By Tuesday when you practice with us online you'll have all your lines completely figured out and then just need to focus on draft, fuel, tires and race strategy. We set up this series from the beginning with this offline -> online transition in mind so those that do the TT can race online with very little extra preparation (beyond the Tuesday practice).

:cheers:

Practice, Practice, Practice (when you can)

👍

Something to also add is just to think about 1 corner. Practice that corner, and then look at improving on that 1 corner, and then work on the next corner, and work on that. Build it up like a puzzle so that all your practice when put together finishes that jigsaw and gives you the picture :)!

Looking at alot of pieces can be daunting, looking at 1 piece and thinking about it makes it alot easier!

Thanks for the advices guys!
I raced the track with the Camaro SS offline, but obviously it was not enought.
I will put more energy into it the next time.

Celinis

Here are those pics...

EU: Lap 3 @ 202 km/h

SSuzukaEU.jpg

NA: Lap 4 @ 202 km/h

SSuzukaNA.jpg

In both cases came out of a cloud of smoke at the same speed at the same point on the track and t-boned another car... got major engine damage and limped to the start/finish before I could get back to pace. :lol:

I hear you registered from my "famous" channel? haha. Sounds awsome! Look forward to seeing you on track.

Also, I won't be able to make practice tomorrow sadly, gunna be out all day/night. Gunna have to put in all the time I have between now and the race to get up to scratch for this one.

It was awesome!
:-)
Yeah, I have been watching your videos for a while now and fiinaly dared to register!

Celinis

Back