GTP WRS-Online Event 9 : A Silverhorn Of Plenty - March 26, 2014

• Thread starter PASM
  • 94 comments
Practice lounge open.

Room no: 1472-6681-3115-0603-7372

Max-front and min-rear ride height was definitely the way to go on Matterhorn, not sure if it will help here as well.
With a completely flat course like this I tend to agree with Paul that as low as possible (front and back) is best.
Yeh, very flat so I just went all out on the downforce. Also very stick because there really are no bumps or curbs you want to be driving over that can throw you, so you will gain time from a stiffer setup. It's not perfect, went one way with it, too much oversteer, went the other, too much understeer. Finished with what I felt to be a middle ground, but with another hour it would have been better.

Also if you find better LSD settings let me know. I tried moving it about a bit, and I can normally find a good setting for LSD, but for some reason whatever I set it too just made me slower than the stock settings, even if it felt better, so just left it.

Forgot the qualifying procedure (the 5 lap qualifier), missed the deadline. What do I do? Am I screwed for this week (it's fine if that is), or can I still race?

Forgot the qualifying procedure (the 5 lap qualifier), missed the deadline. What do I do? Am I screwed for this week (it's fine if that is), or can I still race?
You can probably race, I'm trying to go figure out what happened to your registration. Stay tuned...

You can probably race, I'm trying to go figure out what happened to your registration. Stay tuned...
OK, you should show up on the registration tables within the next 15min. You don't *need* to run the late qualifiers, that's really only for determining which room you'll be in, but since there's only 15 confirmed drivers for EU, it's looking like one room anyway.

That said, you should try to join a practice room (like posted above by Strop), or join the lounge as early as possible tomorrow since it's your first race with us, and we need to see if your connection is good.

Unfortunately i have to do my taxes tonight, i hope i can make it in time for the race. Reserve for EU

Tried several different tunes last night and couldn't even come close to my times from the previous night. The more I practiced the slower I got. Did I mention I hate this car :-(

Tried several different tunes last night and couldn't even come close to my times from the previous night. The more I practiced the slower I got. Did I mention I hate this car :-(
What do you hate about it?

That it's a understeering pig and know matter what I tried last night it wouldnt go around the first corner :). Lol
You tried making it like 10/90 torque split? I hated it, but it certainly didn't have understeer :)

Canceled my entry to the NA race because I have plans for tonight.

We will be racing in 1 room for EU, the room is open now: 1472-6399-8966-5888-1804

Joining right now; but I'm sort of experiencing a problem in my car:

Why does the car's nose want to keep snapping back to the center while I'm cornering? Is it my LSD?

Joining right now; but I'm sort of experiencing a problem in my car:

Why does the car's nose want to keep snapping back to the center while I'm cornering? Is it my LSD?

Yea your probably high on LSD :).

Seriously I wouldnt have a clue.

i will have to cancel for tonight, sorry . Heating broke down in my game room , its about 4 degrees Celsius in there .
Can't race with 3 pullovers, 2 coats and snowboots . Good racing all, should have it fixed for next weeks race .

It was fun driving tonight. I had a good Quali and started 5th. After the start I lost a bit but was fighting with @GTP_mclaren @GTP_littlepaul for 6th place. Did a good job until lap 21 when I braked to much on the curbs and ran wide. Got a good rhythm after that and got in a dogfight with @pitskater which was great but ended on lap 28 when i ran into @Thematic who was parked on the road in the first corner and choose the wrong side to get pass by him. Some suspension damage got me wide in the next corner and had to let past 3 guys who were come up. The pace wasn't that good after that moment but I could pass the guys I let by and I ran 8 which was good enough for me on that moment. On lap 44 I was caught up by a car which i thought belong to @Nail-27 but it was @Turok134 who was running second. I should have let him by but I thought I was racing the other guy. So i'm very sorry for holding you up :ouch: On the replay I saw enough opportunitys to do so. My tires were 5-7-8-8 on the end and could just keep @nail27 behind me. Happy with the result and had fun racing tonight. :gtpflag:

Back