GTP WRS-Online : Event 96 : Singin' in the Rain - July 10

• Thread starter Gravitron
  • 50 comments
Allibubba99
I am not able to make the EU either today. Sorry guys. I know the numbers are down today too. I have an opportunity to take my daughter to an amusement park with some friends. See you on track next week

Al

I think it's safe to say that is more important. Have fun 👍!

Yes, at 19:00 GMT we reset our times by exiting track to the lounge, entering and exiting track again and as soon as all times are reset we'll start the group qualifying.

Group qualifying goes like this, I see we'll have at least 6 drivers for the EU race, so once the track is open for quali you leave the pits and form a line just outside the pitlane. Once a queue of at least 4 cars is formed AND seeing the others are already on their way in the pitlane, the first car can take off. The second car takes note of what time the first took off and adds 10 sec to come to his startpoint. This system goes down the line so everyone can start off with an even 10 sec gap between all cars for the 2 hotlap quali.

Also note that we will be using the tunnel exit at the end of T2 as Startline!
So we will only do half of the formationlap.

EDIT:
Livestream is up! www.twitch.tv/speedy6543

Last edited:
Watching the stream... Go speedy! (updating this post)

19:04: 7 drivers in the lounge... holding quali a few mins for connection issues/lag
19:10: qualification has started. (it's snowing :sly:). best practice lap in warm up was 1:13.483 by speedy (JTV had to exit)
19:13: Speedy's first lap is 1:15.0 so he'll want to improve on that. (Hard to see stream with dark/snowy conditions)
19:15: 2nd lap was 13.84 Nice:

GTP_PASM 1:13.360
GTP_phillieproff 1:13.796
GTP_Speedy6543 1:13.846
GTP_ealirendur 1:13.910
GTP_orsche 1:14.481
GTP_Mika 1:17.415
GTP_JTV DNQ​

19:18: Race timer is started. Good luck! Close qualifying between 2-4!!!
19:25: After 4+ race laps speedy is about 5 secs back with Ren on his bumper... Bart and Phillie bumper to bumper in front and pullling away slowly but steadily.
19:30: After 9+ race laps Bart creating a little separation from phillie, Speedy holding gap at 7-8 secs, JTV moved up 2 spots. Ren just behind Speedy.
19:40: After 16+ Ren made a mistake and dropped back, JTV now on Speedy's bumper for 3rd. Bart continuing to pull away. Ren and Shawn look to be close for 5th.
19:41: Phillie made a mistake.. Speedy is on him. JTV 1 sec behind. Battle for 2nd is on now.
19:42: To avoid battle between speedy and phillie, JTV pits early. speedy's fronts are between 50% and 60% tread left. Speedy takes 2nd, back 14+ secs from Bart.
19:45: Lap 20 (including formation) Speedy pits, comes out just ahead of JTV and phillie. 3 are within 1 sec. Bart pitting ahead.
19:48: Lap 23. Speedy and JTV locked in back and forth , side by side battle for 2nd. Bart pulling away in lead. Phillie in 4th by about 2-3 secs, but closing.
19:52: Lap 26: Amazing three way battle for 2nd between JTV, Speedy, Phillie (in that order).
19:56: Lap 29: ditto... Speedy right on JTV... Phillie right there too... good stuff!
20:00: Lap 33: Speedy has more pace, but can't get by JTV and gets caught by Phillie when held up... then drops back and JTV gets away... JTV has slight gap now.
20:06: Lap 37: Speedy on JTV again, back to above... can't get by. JTV is a hard man to pass.
20:08: Lap 39: Couple mistakes by Speedy, Phillie got by and is on JTV's tail. speedy right there.
20:10: Lap 41: Speedy caught some dirty.. Phillie and JTV away a bit... still very close between those two for 2nd on last lap.
20:12: Finish: Bart won... JTV held onto 2nd. Phillie 3rd, Speedy 4th.

Last edited:
Like I said i didn't have any practice for this one so didn't expect anything. First I tried to do a 0 stop but after not making up any positions by doing that I pitted which got me lapped by everyone and when Bart came to lap me for 2nd time I though i'd better just go since i wasn't getting anywhere and just hindering you guys. hope you guys had fun. :)

Great Race everyone, Well done to Bart, unstoppable mate!

I stayed close for a few laps, but then pushed it a little too hard amd lost control. Silly mistakes then got the better of me.

Had a superb battle with Jon and Speedy though, just so hard to find any room on that track especially in those conditions. Im happy with 3rd and a podium position...

Unlucky speedy i thought you were gonna hold on to it, there wasn't any way I was going to get past if you hadnt of made that mistake just before the tunnel.

Very fun but hard race there. Congrats on the win Bart!
And congrats on your podiums Jon and Phillie! Wish I held on to that second place when I was there.

96-Singin-in-the-Rain-EU-Results_zps505b1216.png

Thanks for the racelog there Tim. 👍 Fun to read. :)

WRP001
Watching the stream... Go speedy! (updating this post)

19:04: 7 drivers in the lounge... holding quali a few mins for connection issues/lag
19:10: qualification has started. (it's snowing :sly:). best practice lap in warm up was 1:13.483 by speedy (JTV had to exit)
[... Redacted... ]
20:12: Finish: Bart won... JTV held onto 2nd. Phillie 3rd, Speedy 4th.

Going for "official WRS commentator" I see. Thanks for the race log. I really didn't get any practice with the right conditions, so this was quite helpful 👍

Good race guys. I did better than I expected to do, considering I had about 10 laps of practice with the combo just before qualifying.

After I got my rhythm going well, I was mostly keeping pace with PASM as the gap to the lead wasn't growing very quickly. Then again, he had checked out on the entire field. :P

Edit: Also had a pretty good battle with Ren around the middle part of the race. I was surprised to get out of the pits ahead of him.

Last edited:
Great race guys 👍 Great read, that race log Tim 👍 Great drivers with a lot of respect on track 👍

Do not worry, Mika. You are also entitled to your race and the lapping went with much care from your side 👍 This is a tough combo.

Sorry guys, I am always bummed when I miss Wed night racing. Especially when there isn't enough for an official race. I will be signing up for both races next week

Al

Back