GTP Race Admin
Staff Emeritus
United States
California
GTP_WRP001
WRSOENew3D3.png

Private Lounge - 16 Driver Test

LemansDreamFeature4.jpg

The WRS admins and stewards are organizing a test to determine if private lounges will accept 16 drivers if the 'owner' is present in the lounge. The system has so far been rejecting the 16th driver when we utilize the shared private lounge, but we tested a public lobby and 16 drivers were allowed to enter.

For this test one of the admins will join the lounge as owner (logged in as GTP_3D3Racing) and we will test if 15 additional drivers can join. If that turns out to be the case we can continue to use private lounges even if the driver count is 16. If it turns out the lounge is still limited to 15 drivers we will consider using public lounges when the driver count could reach 16 for events.

Use this link or the button below to register for this test.

Note: We will pick the time slot with the most drivers to run the official test and will announce the choice the day prior to the test. However, drivers are welcome to use the entire time window for enduro practice and test races. 👍 If we don't get 16 drivers for any time slots we'll probably still just run practice and hope some people can join last minute. Please sign up for a time slot even if you aren't running the enduro, but have 15 minutes to help us. Whichever slot is chosen, we only expect the test itself to last 15 minutes (e.g. 20:00 - 20:15 GMT) so the time commitment can be very short. Thanks!

Note: Mics will be disabled in the main lounge for this event.

120901_16drivertest_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Eligibility

This WRS-Online test hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B from your GTP_tag account.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend please click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting "cancel" as your status. Please also post a note in this thread as the table above can take some time to update.

Last edited:
Too bad mics will be disabled, I thought we were finally going to find out who that mysterious GTP_3D3Racing is! :dopey:

I'll be away for part of the day on the 1st and I'm not sure yet when I'll be back, so I can't commit to the test yet.

segovia
Too bad mics will be disabled, I thought we were finally going to find out who that mysterious GTP_3D3Racing is! :dopey:.

I heard he had a Maine/Boston accent, but nobody knows for sure.

Also, I'm pretty sure he doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he drinks Dos Equis.

The registration board hasn't updated since it's been posted.

Weird I'm showing it last updated at 6:15 PM US/Pacific here in the thread and 7 signed up.

PS> I used the 67 ticket for the account to cycle and get the Ford Mark IV on the 5th attempt. 👍 Now I have to send the account another 67 ticket. I'll be able to race with that account if need be and driver during the test. I may try to cycle another one and get the Ferrari and cycle the 66 for the Jag just to get them all in that account.

Currently in Oni_Chan's lounge for my ORS race. Oni is hosting and 16 are in. 👍

Edit: We had 1/2 hour qualifying and 3 sprint races, 1 DC during 2nd race(rejoined for 3rd). Couple of reports of Lag but generally good.

P.S. I will be keen on some more practice races 👍

Last edited:
Currently in Oni_Chan's lounge for my ORS race. Oni is hosting and 16 are in. 👍

Edit: We had 1/2 hour qualifying and 3 sprint races, 1 DC during 2nd race(rejoined for 3rd). Couple of reports of Lag but generally good.

P.S. I will be keen on some more practice races 👍

Good to know so looks like our theory was right. 👍

We'll still continue with the test anyway to be 100% certain it'll work for us and at the same time run some practice Dream Car Enduro races over the entire 3 hour window.

At this point I'm available for all three hours, but I won't be able to connect for all three hours. I'll pick the one hour that would be most likely to get 16 drivers after registrations are complete. However, I'm sure there will be people in the lounge for all three hours anyway for practice sessions so we'll keep it open for the entire time.

I'll log in as 3D3 and setup the lounge and keep it connected to the lounge for the entire time window. The lounge has a fully broken in Ford Mark IV and Jag at this point so I can drive from that account.

PS> This result likely means we don't have to resort to public lobbies, but instead one of the admins will have to drive as 3D3 Racing. The one downside of that is the A-Spec level will increase and it will be harder to find the lounge. I guess we could backup the save prior to the race and restore it after putting it back to Level 0 each time if drivers think this is an issue or we can just let it level up. :bogged:

PPS> I do think it's important to continue using the shared lounge as we can share that login safely across several admins and no one admin would have to be present for all races and we wouldn't have to shuffle which lounge we're using which could get confusing. In scenarios where we expect 16 drivers, which won't be that often, we'll make sure an admin/steward is able to run using the 3D3 account. One steward/admin is required for any race to be official anyway. 👍

I've always hit the globe icon so it shows who is online at the top of the list and join off the first person I notice that is in the lounge.

Getting close to 16 in a few of the time slots. 👍

No matter what we'll consider this a sort of "Le Mans Dream Car Track Day" but I hope we can also verify 100% certain that we can get 16 in the lounge if I run as 3D3 Racing.

Here's the format I'm proposing:
  • First 10-15 minutes of every hour will be free run.
  • Next 30-40 minutes we can run practice races (1 long or 2 short).
  • Final 10-15 minutes of every hour will be free run.

If we get to 15 I'll start monitoring this thread to see if anyone is getting a "lounge" full message even if we aren't full -- which is what happened in the past once we hit 15. So if you get the message please post here to this thread.

At any time if we can get 16 guys in the lounge the test will be considered a success and I'll post here saying so.

Regardless, it'll be good practice and some fun hopefully.

PS> Has anyone noticed the Ford is always the first one to turn on it's lights automatically? Strange. The picture of this thread's OP is proof.

Last edited:
I want to try for this just to see if my internet will hold up well. Question, how do you find a public lounge?

PS> Has anyone noticed the Ford is always the first one to turn on it's lights automatically? Strange. The picture of this thread's OP is proof.

I was going to say, "or the last one to turn them off", as the picture could have been taken at dawn. But then I tried to figure out the location -- is it at the end of T6? If it is, looking at the shadows, then I could see that the sun was in the west.

I want to try for this just to see if my internet will hold up well. Question, how do you find a public lounge?

The test will take place in our private lounge: GTP_3D3Racing and not a public lobby.

However, to join a public lobby you will need to have the # of the lobby. Then from the main screen in GT5 click "Open Lobby". Then click the "globe" button next to "Create New" and type in the number.

If you know someone on your friends list is in the lobby then you can follow them. Go to the community tab, click on the friend, look near their lounge icon and you'll see a yellow dot next to it if they are in any online lobby or lounge. Click on that yellow dot to follow them wherever they may be.

I have to withdraw....but I couldn't find a "cancel" for my registration.

I forgot that I couldn't use the Jag from one of my other accounts, and don't currently own the other two in the GTP account.

Dan, please reconsider. The test is not about the cars, but just trying to get 16 in the main lounge which we have not been able to do before. We think it is because GTP_3D3Racing profile is not being used and a spot is locked for that profile.

I should be up and able to be on for at least slot two; I'll try to get on during slot 1 as well (I've registered as such).

Dan, please reconsider. The test is not about the cars, but just trying to get 16 in the main lounge which we have not been able to do before. We think it is because GTP_3D3Racing profile is not being used and a spot is locked for that profile.

No, problem....I'll just grab one of my main account cars as long as the restrictions are lifted.

Don't know about that, but I do know the OP says 19.00 GMT, 20.00 GMT and 21.00 GMT :)

As well as:

September 1, 2012 - Availability * Check any/all time slots where you would be available to participate in a short 15-20 minute test.

(2:00 PM Eastern | 11:00 AM Pacific | 19:00 PM GMT)
(3:00 PM Eastern | 12:00 PM Pacific | 20:00 PM GMT)
(4:00 PM Eastern | 1:00 PM Pacific | 21:00 PM GMT)

:)

The lounge has been open since 11:00 AM Pacific. Had some technical difficulties at first because even though I disabled mics, they were still on. :boggled: Cleared the lounge and got back in and they are now disabled.

Anyway, lounge is open and a few guys are driving.

Just race and have fun today. Goal is to try and get 16 at the lounge at some point to prove we can do it with 3D3 in the room.

I'm logged in as 3D3, but without a wheel I'm just going to be in the lounge taking up a spot. Have fun guys.

EDIT: I think there was a screw up in the GMT time conversion. Sorry about that. Interesting nobody caught that until the start. There are no real time constraints today. Join and drive as long as you want.

Back