* GTP WTAC VIPs in a Suzuki at Suzuka ! *

easyasashii

Premium
France
France
PureGT_Sam
* GTP WTAC VIPs in a Suzuki at Suzuka ! *

Welcome GTP Addicts :D !

I guess you TOP GEAR big fans like me already saw the excellent GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car that inspired me to do this "GTP WTAC VIPs in a Suzuki at Suzuka !", right ;) ?

Well, it will work like the RACECAR version but instead of putting you in a reasonably priced car and do a laptime at the Top Gear track, we're going to run the Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 at Suzuka Circuit West Course :D !!! Of course, a brief interview to get to know your fellow forum members a little better will come along !

The combo's specific are :

1. Track : Suzuka Circuit West Course

2. Car : Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01

----------------

3. Car specifics:

- Transmission: either
- Tires: S3 / S3
- TCS : at your disposal
- ASM : off
- Active Steering : off
- Driving Physics : Professional

All in-game quick-tune options aren't allowed !!! = NO TUNING ! (To do so just don't press Triangle when selecting your car ;)).

Hybrid cars, the use of CFW tuning or any other way of cheating (such as the Action Replay for PSP) is forbidden...

--------------------

4. Time submission :

Everything will be explaind to you by PM ;) !

--------------------

5. Rules :

You'll have to follow the Host and Compete in a GT Planet Time Attack Challenge (GTPTAC) ! Just to remind you :
Clean or Dirty lap :
- Colliding with or using walls, fences, cones or other obstacle is forbidden. All times submitted must be 100% wall free.
- Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the tarmac which does not include all green/grassed/sanded/graveled areas.
- NO SPARKS! (this does not include 'bottoming' the car out on the tarmac or rumble strips; but does include walls/barriers)

Rumble/ripple strips :
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's inside rumble strips and two off track is considered unclean
- having two wheels/tires on a corner's outside rumble strips and two off track is considered clean.

--------------------

Special note for the guests :

You will have to willing to share some information about yourself, if you are uncomfortable doing so you can decline the interview : privacy is something I'd like to respect. :bowdown:

So... See you soon with our first guest ;) !

:cheers:

:gtpflag:

--------------------

VIPs Leaderboard :

1. Detroitbb : 1'27.981

Last edited:
* GTP WTAC 1st VIP in the Suzuki at Suzuka West ! *

Hi guys !

Here is our first VIP : our own and beloved host... Detroitbb !!! Yay !

1. What or who brought you here to GTP ? How long have you been a member ?

If I remember correctly, I found GT Planet via a Google search when looking for information about GT PSP - that was back in October of 2009.

2. Does your username has a special meaning ? What is its story ?

It's a slight alteration to 'Detroitbootybass' (another screename used on some music-based forums). How it came to be is a long, lost memory. It would have been first used sometime in the later '90s.

3. About you and GT, how long have you been playing GT, which opus is your favorite one and why ?

I've been a player since the first game, but I didn't own it (a friend did). My favorite GT game has to be GT4 (GT2 was also pretty special at the time)... mainly for the large car selection and decent amount of tracks available.

4. What was your first impression when you played GT on PSP ? What about now ?

I liked the physics of the car models and the cars themselves looked pretty good. I was pretty disappointed in the lack of competitors (only four cars per track) and the fact that there isn't any career mode. I'm still ticked off about Polyphony Digital making the miscalculation that people wouldn't want a Gran Turismo career mode on the PSP.

5. If you had no choice but to choose only one track and one car, which ones would they be ?

Nurburgring - It's long and has a large variety of turns. Other tracks are great (El Capitan, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest, Infineon, La Sarthe, Suzuka, Laguna Seca, etc.), but the 'Ring offers a bit of everything that I could ever want in a 'dream track'.

As far as a car choice... hmmm - this is hard. I guess it changes on a weekly/monthly basis, but at this particular moment in time, I would go with the 'Mazda6 Touring Car'.

6. If you could add only one track and one car to the game, what would they be ?

Mount Panorama Circuit in Australia (aka 'Bathurst') would be the track (Kyalami in South Africa would be my second choice).

I guess I'd add the '2010 Cadillac CTS-V coupe'
to the game if I had a choice.

7. What did you think about the Suzuki at Suzuka car/track combo ? You can be honest. ;)

Suzuka is always a challenge and, when using the Suzuki GSX-R/4, it makes me pay very close attention to not oversteering (or it loses grip). Braking points and a perfect entry into the turns are both very important to completing a solid run.

8. What other video games do you enjoy playing ?

For the PSP: Race Driver 2006 (and all the different versions for different worldwide markets - TOCA, V8 Supercars, etc.), Monster Hunter, Exit, Disgaea, and Echochrome.

For the PS2: Okami, Rez, Gallop Racer 2006, Mad Maestro, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition, Katamari Damacy, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, Guitaroo Man, Shadow Of The Colossus, and GT4.

9. Switching to real life, what do you drive ? Is it in the game and if so, how does it compare ?

1996 Honda Accord and it's not in the game. I'm looking forward to moving and not owning a car for a while. Growing up in the Detroit area, you have to own a car to get anywhere as public transportation is almost non-existent. I actually want to experience riding a bus/subway/train for daily commutes - at least for a little while.

10. What other hobbies do you have ?

Spinning music with my vinyl records and turntables (and I also sometimes use Serato 'Scratch Live').
Learning new submission moves (as used in Jiu Jitsu and Brazillian Jiu Jitsu) - my son doesn't like this hobby of mine though!
Growing pretty much any plant - flowers, herbs, vegetables, etc.
Watching NHL ice hockey (and playing it in video games too)
Theoretical Physics. Something about it must stimulates my mind.

Your "Portrait Chinois" : which one would you be if you were...

... a car ? Toyota 2000GT
... a track (GT or real one) ? Road America
... an engine ? Renesis 13B
... an engine sound ? "vroom vroom"
... a tire (N/S/R) ? Sport
... an automotive sport ? Targa racing (like Targa Tasmania, Targa Newfoundland, Targa New Zealand, etc.)
... a famous driver ? Mario Andretti (he could win any type of race)
... a music genre ? Detroit Techno (or maybe Deep House!)
... a dance ? Jit
... a gift ? Hmmm... maybe a hug!

Is there anything else you would like to say ?

I hate eating food - strange but true. I find it time-consuming and somewhat boring. I wish I could just take a pill once a day (or better yet, once a week) to get all my nutrients, but that's not going to happen in my lifetime!

Thanks a lot 👍👍👍 !

And here is the lap :

See you next time with our next VIP ;) !

By the meantime, feel free to write any comments !

:gtpflag:

Attachments

• UCUS98632RPLY-BE10C713200.zip
    56.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Kyalami is 7 kilometers away from my house in SA and it's where I did my advanced driving course in 1999! I've never seen it in any game though. :grumpy:

Kyalami is 7 kilometers away from my house in SA and it's where I did my advanced driving course in 1999! I've never seen it in any game though. :grumpy:

I love that track!

I was first introduced to it from the PC/Xbox/PS2 game called 'TOCA Race Driver 2". Later, that game was ported to the PSP and retained the same name in the European and Japanese releases. Australia and New Zealand also got a release, but the name was changed to 'V8 Supercars: Race Driver'. About a year after those ports were released, North America finally got it's version called 'Racer Driver 2006'. It featured everything that the earlier ports did, but added sixteen more tracks (for 60+ total tracks) and added ten more cars (50+ cars total). Plus, it got an additional single-player mode.

I also play Kylami in my PC driving sim, GTR2. It's super-fun in that title!

Last edited:
LOL!! I never noticed this thread before! Its nice having this interviews with WTAC regulars!

Never thought you'd be playing Monster Hunter!! :)

Never thought you'd be playing Monster Hunter!! :)

Yep! I just wish there was a second stick so we didn't have to use 'The Claw' to rotate the camera while fighting/running! Great game... I hope they release this last PSP version in North America (or at least a European copy).

Yep! I just wish there was a second stick so we didn't have to use 'The Claw' to rotate the camera while fighting/running! Great game... I hope they release this last PSP version in North America (or at least a European copy).
Same dilemma Square Enix is facing in holding the Western Release of FF Type-0 Agito in 2012. They might not release it outside Japan. Capcom's MH3rd is struggling too.
:grumpy:

Back